THE TOUR BOOK

Guest ditaluver

are there only the GGW Pics in this book??? Where are the outtakes from the Album Cover shoot???

Yeah, "we've seen these all before, we've seen these all before, we've seen these all before....."

I wonder if the setlist is listed in the book. If so, there will be no changes as its in print. But if not... These are my changes.

Section 1 is perfect - although it's seems LONG, it's not as PDP and HU are both edits

Section 2:

Turn Up The Radio (on guitar but add some dancers - gymnastics)

Express Yourself

Give Me All Your Luvin'

Superstar (on guitar - if she wants to relax) (the back drop should be all footage of Summer Olympic athletes - winners and losers!)

Section 3: Wonderland (Interlude - all scenic/sun Basque footage)

Open Your Heart

Masterpiece

Love Spent (on banjo) (backdrop - it should appear to have money and maybe gold

falling from the sky and melting or catching fire)

You'll See (Spanglish Version) if she wants to sing half and leave - the back up girls and trio can finish it)

Section 4: Justify My Love (Interlude)

Vogue

Candy Shop

Human Nature

Broken (acoustic/piano)

Section 5:

Like A Prayer

I'm A Sinner

I'm Addicted

GGW/Material Girl Outro

Like A Virgin (intro) ala Virgin Tour - "Will You Marry Me"

Celebration

I like the images, although nothing surprising in it, but the design and layout is boring: Picture - Text/Graphic page after page

But what is anyone expecting from a tour book? From the Virgin Tour onwards M's have followed the same format. Whenever I go to see someone in concert from singers to comedians, I just don't bother as they are all have lame books - just a few pictures and dull text.

Has anyone got any examples of a good tourbook?

Guest ditaluver

i think the RIT book is pure perfection. lots of great new photos.

But what is anyone expecting from a tour book? From the Virgin Tour onwards M's have followed the same format. Whenever I go to see someone in concert from singers to comedians, I just don't bother as they are all have lame books - just a few pictures and dull text.

yeah I know what you mean, but the same format?, from a visual artist like her and one that is famous for saying "I dont like to repeat myself". I mean its not a big deal I know but it just lacks imagination like she passed it off to whatever company designs it and said 'just use your standard template'.

like some have said RIT was a little different, similar field but different use of layout. And I know its all about her, but I wouldn't object to a few images of her crew like the Blond Ambition tour book....just something a little more interesting than Outtakes from my video and sketches of hands praying. :dry:

yeah I know what you mean, but the same format?, from a visual artist like her and one that is famous for saying "I dont like to repeat myself". I mean its not a big deal I know but it just lacks imagination like she passed it off to whatever company designs it and said 'just use your standard template'.

like some have said RIT was a little different, similar field but different use of layout. And I know its all about her, but I wouldn't object to a few images of her crew like the Blond Ambition tour book....just something a little more interesting than Outtakes from my video and sketches of hands praying. :dry:

:thumbsup:

Guest Not4Pussies

im not surprised nor disappointed.

she does that often.

she goes back and forth from new photoshoot for tourbook (RIT, S&S) to a rehash of photos for tourbook (DWT, CT, MDNA)

This isn't even a rehash. There's a few nbs photos in there. There's some that have previously been seen digitally online, and the rest are from the GGW video. I'm not complaining. I love this tourbook. I like the photos, and the Adobe Illustrator graphics. It's nothing too over the top or all over the place like CT. GGW is the central song on MDNA and the tour too, it sums it all up perfectly. So having the tourbook feature mostly photos from that video makes sense.

The design is minimal too, it works.

I thought there would be more pictures from the original album shoot. I wonder if she was not happy with the outcome. Most of the pictures used except for the GMAYL cover was altered and photoshopped to the max.

For S&S the photoshoot was a must as all of the previous shoots were either a bore or unusable.