Do you like the inclusion of "Born This Way"?

MadFan

139 members have voted

1. 1. ?

I didn't like the idea AT ALL before, but now, it seems fitting. The message is clear and to the point;

"your version is a clear carbon copy of my mega-hit and with all this drama, I'm going to take your song (which is really my song) around the world and show everyone the difference between the true M and you, the imitation. We've got two tours going...let's see who fairs better."

And with that said, I love the incursion of "respect yourself"...it's fitting to the idea that she should be herself instead of copying of Madonna so much.

I LOVE IT!!! THE SHE IS NOT ME PART IS THE BEST EVER!!! She is totally dissing the disgusting pig.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Despite what had happened (since the day BTW leaked till the reductive interview) she did virtually nothing and we all wondered what she thought about it.

So now it's time for her to express herself (and might as well make some $$$), I'd say bring it on!

and it's back to wondering what GaGa is thinking again.

The ultimate dare is to tell the truth!

Express Yourself and Born This Way obviously mesh very well...but the inclusion of She's Not Me makes it too obvious that it's a diss to Lady Gaga. I think M should leave She's Not Me out of it so that it's more open to interpretation.

i agree with you. while i think its so dam bitchy and funny i dont want people to think Madonna is being catty. gaga deserves all the shit she gets but you know somehow she will make it that Madonna is the bad guy. i really do love knowing madonna is dissing her :)

Guest bluejean

I love seeing a split screen with the 2 of them, really shows how much sexier and stylish Madonna is.

Guest Xanthium

I think it's a brilliantly bitchy thing to do. From the footage, I think the two songs mesh together SEAMLESSLY. And I was one of the ones who never really heard much of a similarity between the two songs in the first place, beyond the basic chord progression. But for saving face purposes, Madonna could leave out the She's Not Me part in order to not come across like a complete bitch. I'm not saying she should remove it, just that she can get her point across with the mashup by itself. The inclusion of SNM takes it to a cunty level. But if she left that part out I wouldn't be able to cackle at all the shade now would I? :D

Guest jamesshot

I am no Lady Gaga fan, believe me, but this is going to come across very very badly. It is very petty. She already got her point across with the whole "reductive" line. Including BTW followed by SNM is overkill. I think most people, by now, fully understand Gaga is not up to Madonna's level in any way, shape or form. Does Gaga deserve it? Probably. But that doesn't mean this is the best thing Madonna should be doing.

Love The Mash Up.

Everyone knows GAG stole the song's melody and chord progressions from EY. So why not sing BTW? It's cheeky and fun. Who cares about the critics and MONGsters. M never made her career about seeking approval from the nay sayers. That job is left for a woman who wears a meat dress and sings about unicorns.

Guest bluejean

Madonna has the balls to do what most others would be too afraid to do. Madonna isn't afraid of any backlash. Like I've said a million times, there are far less Little Monsters than Catholics. This won't hurt her career at all.

Personally, I like it cause I like when madonna is a bitch. BUT I think it's a really really bad career move. Madonna could have played nice with Gaga (like performing the mash up together at an awards show), and she would have finally been adorned by those nasty little monsters and gained another 10,000,000 young fans. Those monsters are can easily be converted to madonna fans if she would have put the effort. And it's nice to have new fans. She gained plenty young ones during the Ray of Light era, who now flock to see her in concert and spend $100 a ticket.

Shrewd business woman she is not (in this case....)

And just for the record, Gaga's producer is also responsible for the copying. I read an interview with him and he is a HUGE madonna fan. La Isla Bonita is his favorite song of all time and he even said he uses madonna's songs as in inspiration. (this interview was done during the fame monster era)

Madonna could have played nice with Gaga (like performing the mash up together at an awards show), and she would have finally been adorned by those nasty little monsters and gained another 10,000,000 young fans.

Yeah, well that would have been highly unlikely. Thank God they didn't perform together. Hopefully, after Reductive-gate, that won't ever happen.

And just for the record, Gaga's producer is also responsible for the copying. I read an interview with him and he is a HUGE madonna fan. La Isla Bonita is his favorite song of all time and he even said he uses madonna's songs as in inspiration. (this interview was done during the fame monster era)

Which one? (the song has MANY producers :sour: )

Personally, I like it cause I like when madonna is a bitch. BUT I think it's a really really bad career move. Madonna could have played nice with Gaga (like performing the mash up together at an awards show), and she would have finally been adorned by those nasty little monsters and gained another 10,000,000 young fans. Those monsters are can easily be converted to madonna fans if she would have put the effort. And it's nice to have new fans. She gained plenty young ones during the Ray of Light era, who now flock to see her in concert and spend $100 a ticket.

Shrewd business woman she is not (in this case....)

MADONNA DOESNT NEED GAGA FANS. SHE HAS HER OWN.

It sounds good but I'm not a fan of the idea, to be honest.

I don't think it's an hommage, it's classic M shade - especially with the inclusion of She's not me :lol:

I agree for people to say shes paying hommage to Caca is comical! She's not me thrown in there at the end speaks for itself!

Are you talking about RedOne? Or Fernando Garibay?

Guest Not4Pussies

Yes.

The song fits perfectly and I actually love the way she sings it. I don't see it as a diss, M actually loves the song.U

did she tell you that herself because the only thing she has said about the song is that it's reductive.

All i have to say about this is when you go on an awards show(Like GAGA did) and say Whitney Houston inspired Born This Way you deserve all the shit you can take. Everyone including Eminem had something to say about that one. He said on Muchmusic that she should be thanking Madonna not Whitney Houston when the song is so obviously influenced heavily by Madonna. What part of the song sounds like Whitney Houston?????

P.S Madonna will be fine. She doesn't need twinky little monsters.

All i have to say about this is when you go on an awards show(Like GAGA did) and say Whitney Houston inspired Born This Way you deserve all the shit you can take. Everyone including Eminem had something to say about that one. He said on Muchmusic that she should be thanking Madonna not Whitney Houston when the song is so obviously influenced heavily by Madonna. What part of the song sounds like Whitney Houston?????

P.S Madonna will be fine. She doesn't need twinky little monsters.

She said Whitney Houston RIGHT AFTER Madonna's peepz called her out for making up that bullshit about getting an email from Madonna.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

It was funny a few months ago with the whole reductive comment, but now it's just kinda drawn out and lame really. Get over it. You know?

Anyway, whatever, use it, don't use it, squirt ect.

It was funny a few months ago with the whole reductive comment, but now it's just kinda drawn out and lame really. Get over it. You know?

Anyway, whatever, use it, don't use it, ect.

I'm an avid Gaga hater. It's STILL funny.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

I'm an avid Gaga hater. It's STILL funny.

Fair enough :dazed: i don't find it all that interesting these months later really, but to each their own.

By making her diss so obvious she's going to come across as a fading star who is growing increasingly bitter with old age towards a younger pop tart. Madonna is above all of that.

I agree. It would have been kind of ok if she just did the mashup, but the inclusion of She's Not Me is totally unnecessary. But oh well, Madonna obviously wants to get the message out there and it's creating buzz for the tour, too.

Anyway, the last voting option just gave me a flashback of the most superb and the most classic Demonna moment :wow:

She said Whitney Houston RIGHT AFTER Madonna's peepz called her out for making up that bullshit about getting an email from Madonna.

Wasn't the song released on a Friday, the Grammys were like on a Saturday or Sunday (where she thanked Whitney Houston while dressed in BAT attire & pulling some BAT moves), then she was on Leno's show I think some days after. On Leno's show is where she made the email comments. Liz's comment came maybe a few days after that, no? I think during that same week following the Grammys is when Laurieann was throwing shade at M & her BAT on CNN because some guy was saying there were similarities--I don't know if this was before the Leno interview.

It wasn't until a while after that Laurieann made the comments in the LA Times stating they ripped off M on purpose & that she should be bitter about it. I think that DJ Whiteshadow also made comments about how there weren't similarities & blowing smoke up LG's ass as if she had invented pop music (was he the one that said that people have flashes on their faces because of LG?)?

Yes.

The song fits perfectly and I actually love the way she sings it. I don't see it as a diss, M actually loves the song.U

de·lu·sion·al  [dih-loo-zhuh-nl] Show IPA

adjective

having false or unrealistic beliefs or opinions: Senators who think they will get agreement on a comprehensive tax bill are delusional.

Psychiatry . maintaining fixed false beliefs even when confronted with facts, usually as a result of mental illness: He was so delusional and paranoid that he thought everybody was conspiring against him.

:dead: