Do you like the inclusion of "Born This Way"?

MadFan

139 members have voted

1. 1. ?

Okay, 'Nation. @ the risk of the other thread going more off-topic: poll's up. :wow:

I'm give or take.

I'm okay with it.

A few weeks ago when this was just a rumour I was all "No, Vadge! Don't do it, don't do it, he's a tramp, he's a slut", but now I'm over it. I didn't want her to use it cause I thought she'd be demolished for it and that's "exactly what she needs" right now, but Madonna would be ripped to shreds even if she didn't do it so what's the difference? :dazed:

If anything, this mash-up shows how perfectly BTW fits in the EY instrumental. I mean, to me it's pretty obvious what M is trying to say/do.

+ I'm GLAD Song Of Life #4 She's Not Me gets a cameo in Madonna's best tour ever. :fag:

It sounds good but I'm not a fan of the idea, to be honest.

I don't think it's an hommage, it's classic M shade - especially with the inclusion of She's not me :lol:

Express Yourself and Born This Way obviously mesh very well...but the inclusion of She's Not Me makes it too obvious that it's a diss to Lady Gaga. I think M should leave She's Not Me out of it so that it's more open to interpretation.

Yes, it will be a laugh. If it's true that she sings "she's not me", the it will be a very funny war!

Of course it's true. Have you not heard the rehearsals?

the inclusion of She's Not Me makes it too obvious that it's a diss to Lady Gaga. I think M should leave She's Not Me out of it so that it's more open to interpretation.

Why leave room for interpretation? Madonna is clearly saying that Germanotta is a copycat. I see nothing wrong with that. It's the truth. She'll be criticised. Big deal. When ISN'T she criticised? If that's what she wants to do, good for her.

Why leave room for interpretation? Madonna is clearly saying that Germanotta is a copycat. I see nothing wrong with that. It's the truth. She'll be criticised. Big deal. When ISN'T she criticised? If that's what she wants to do, good for her.

I believe the ambivalence would work better plus it will fuel more speculation about M's true opinion on the matter. By making her diss so obvious she's going to come across as a fading star who is growing increasingly bitter with old age towards a younger pop tart. Madonna is above all of that.

I believe the ambivalence would work better plus it will fuel more speculation about M's true opinion on the matter. By making her diss so obvious she's going to come across as a fading star who is growing increasingly bitter with old age towards a younger pop tart. Madonna is above all of that.

People already know (or think they know) M's opinion on Germanotta. "Reductive" has overshadowed "I think she's a talented artist".

this

People already know (or think they know) M's opinion on Germanotta. "Reductive" has overshadowed "I think she's a talented artist".

Definitively. Gaga fans even act as if Madonna only dissed Gaga and never complimented her. At the very moment any artist don't totally kiss Gaga's ass, the Monsters go MAD :manson:

To answer the topic, i don't think the "She's not me" inclusion is a good idea but as Narendra Sen said, Madonna is ALWAYS trashed by the medias so it's not different than usual.

I think its a great Idea. Madonna always supported young singers :D like Kylie or Britney...maybe this time, Gaga herself will be on stage with her, if both of their calenderys collide ! Though its impossible I think

Get me a fan, now :)

In other words: I dont know...

On one hand, it does make Madonna look bad because she is indulging into negative emotions which is never good. On the other hand she is expressing her point of view no matter what which was always a quality I liked in Madonna. However I m not sure if there shouldnt be boundaries in expressing yourself...

Guest I'llTeachYouHowTo...

i fucking love it. im glad she's gonna be shading that beast every night :queenbitch:

Exactly.

Anyway, if she HAD to include that piece of shit on her hit song she should just leave at that and not put She's Not Me there. I would be okay with that. But for now i can't. :thumbsdown:

Guest ditaluver

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rogerfriedman/2012/05/30/madonnas-lady-gaga-video-just-the-beginning-of-pr-summer/

Madonna's Lady Gaga Video Just the Beginning of PR Summer

Madonna is getting a huge response to her Lady Gaga video. She’s actually resurrected a story from more than a year ago, planted it on YouTube, and watched it go viral.

No knows more abour PR viruses than Madonna. She had a hit with a song called “Vogue” well after “vogeuing” had been in vogue. Madonna’s genius has always been to take pieces of existing culture and reshape them into something that seemed new.

Singing “Born this Way” in rehearsal, and ending the video by declaring “She’s Not Me,” was a planned bit of show business. It’s almost as if she were channeling the so called father of public relations, Edward Bernays, who was Sigmund Freud’s nephew.

Madonna is parked in Tel Aviv, starting an international tour. She has no album on the charts, and her producer, William Orbit, criticized her publicly. It’s going to be a long hot summer of touring. She doesn’t get to Yankee Stadium until September 6th, where she still has seats to fill.

It’s doubtful that she’ll actually perform the “Express Yourself/Born this Way/She’s Not Me” medley in concert. For one thing, she’d have to pay for “Born this Way.” That’s not happening.

But what will she do next? And who will she do it to? Those are the questions. And I’m delighted to wait and watch a master at work.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rogerfriedman/2012/05/30/madonnas-lady-gaga-video-just-the-beginning-of-pr-summer/

Madonna's Lady Gaga Video Just the Beginning of PR Summer

Madonna is getting a huge response to her Lady Gaga video. She’s actually resurrected a story from more than a year ago, planted it on YouTube, and watched it go viral.

No knows more abour PR viruses than Madonna. She had a hit with a song called “Vogue” well after “vogeuing” had been in vogue. Madonna’s genius has always been to take pieces of existing culture and reshape them into something that seemed new.

Singing “Born this Way” in rehearsal, and ending the video by declaring “She’s Not Me,” was a planned bit of show business. It’s almost as if she were channeling the so called father of public relations, Edward Bernays, who was Sigmund Freud’s nephew.

Madonna is parked in Tel Aviv, starting an international tour. She has no album on the charts, and her producer, William Orbit, criticized her publicly. It’s going to be a long hot summer of touring. She doesn’t get to Yankee Stadium until September 6th, where she still has seats to fill.

It’s doubtful that she’ll actually perform the “Express Yourself/Born this Way/She’s Not Me” medley in concert. For one thing, she’d have to pay for “Born this Way.” That’s not happening.

But what will she do next? And who will she do it to? Those are the questions. And I’m delighted to wait and watch a master at work.

A maste at work and yet they point out theirs still seats to fill and that her albums not on the charts? Jeez, they are annoying when they write about M, but they are right about her being a master of publicity.

I didn't like the idea AT ALL before, but now, it seems fitting. The message is clear and to the point;

"your version is a clear carbon copy of my mega-hit and with all this drama, I'm going to take your song (which is really my song) around the world and show everyone the difference between the true M and you, the imitation. We've got two tours going...let's see who fairs better."

And with that said, I love the incursion of "respect yourself"...it's fitting to the idea that she should be herself instead of copying of Madonna so much.

Yeah. I heard Respect Yourself too!!!! Loved it!

Yes, I like it! GAG copied EY and lied about M's permission. Even worse she gave the credit to the departed WH. So now it's M's turn to let the world know (just in case they don't) who's more original. And I love the play with She's Not Me. That's even a bigger slap in GAG's face! I don't think M's paying homage to her. She doesn't need to.

Yeah. I heard Respect Yourself too!!!! Loved it!

Yes, I like it! GAG copied EY and lied about M's permission. Even worse she gave the credit to the departed WH. So now it's M's turn to let the world know (just in case they don't) who's more original. And I love the play with She's Not Me. That's even a bigger slap in GAG's face! I don't think M's paying homage to her. She doesn't need to.

I think she's paying homage to the lyrical content of both BTW and her own song, stating that the lyrics themselves are bout respecting yourself.

Will Lil' Mahnsters buy tickets to the MDNAT just to boo Madonna? :1251:

They can't, the money of the lunch is already being saved for By The Way Bull.