Tour updates

Bitch

How many casual fans know Revolver, Human Nature or Erotica and even Celebration want to hear those live?

Erotica is rather infamous even outside of Madonna's fan base so most would know that.

people go to musicals where they don't know any of the music.

This!

You know, this whole setlist argument is getting quite ridiculous. I think Madonna is the only touring artist to continually get shit about what she chooses to perform. She is a current act with new music to tour. Bands/other acts hit the road around the same time as releasing an album and they play their new work.....it is a platform for sharing your new work. That's what people go to hear/see. Why is this any different? This isn't some Vegas residency act....nor a one hit wonder reboot/cash grab.

Supernatural's analogy to the theatre is spot on, because Madonna's shows are more so this than a conventional concert. There's a story to tell, through the new music and concept....it's not some arbitrary song check list....if it was designed to please the random concert tourists it would comprise of 80s tracks and no more than 5 songs from the 90/00's....and given the likely awareness of everyday folk, nothing off the new album.

Anyway...I'm ranting. For the people I know, who no doubt expect some greatest hits bullshit, I will make them a playlist of the songs on tour and give it to them for homework.