Two months later - MDNA is still an Album of Life.

Apples388

Average Score for 17 Tracks

8 / 10

After defining each track in a revamped listing, MDNA is a strong return-to-form album that is undoubtedly Pop. This is rather unlike to Madonna's last outing, 2008's Hard Candy that leans heavily on Urban/R&B numbers. Strong as it is, MDNA would have benefited a lot more if it adhered to a majority producer. The album may be cohesive but the songs would be more unified if say, only one or two producers were doing the job. It actually has more than 4 producers whose works never resembled that of the other. One can tell that Orbit's outputs were audibly different to Solveig's whose songs also do not sound like Benassi's or The Demolition Crew's. The less number of producers doing more songs has already proven successful with her thematic past albums like Ray Of Light (William Orbit majority), Music (Mirwais Ahmadzaï majority), and Confessions On A Dance Floor (Stuart Price majority) as best examples. In this contention, an Orbit-Solveig pairing would have been as remarkable as the Benassi-Orbit or Solveig-Benassi combinations. The old adage: less is more would have made MDNA an equally formidable collection like it's predecessors if not better.

see track by track review at http://mymonumentalicons.blogspot.com/2012/05/madonna-mdna-album-performance-review.html

Been listening to it alot more again lately. Since its all soaked in for the hell of it ill rate the tracks...

Girl Gone Wild 7/10 (come to like it alot more since watching it on the tour)

Gang Bang 10/10

Im Addicted 9/10

Turn Up the Radio 7/10

GMAYL 6/10

Some Girls 9/10

Superstar 3/10

I Dont Give A 9/10

Im a Sinner 8/10

Love Spent 8/10

Masterpiece 7/10

Falling Free 10/10

Beautiful Killer 9/10

I Fucked Up 6/10

B Day Song 7/10

Best Friend 7/10

GMAYL remix 8/10

After listening to it non-stop since its releases, I still love it! A vast improvement over Hard Candy. My only gripe with this era so far is the lack of effort behind the 'selling' of what is prob her best album in years! So much potential just squandered with half-arsed promotion. Even the videos are impressive. This really could have been the album to put her right back at the top but most people I know don't even know she has a new album out and those that do are only aware because of the bad press she's recieved for not having had a hit single from it. Even Hard Cardy (one of her most lack-lustre albums in my opinion) had a kick off single than garnered some positive attention. It was a number 1 hit in the UK. While none of this affects my enjoyment of the music, this period in her career will always be, for me at least, one of wasted opportunities.

Edited by Leebert

After listening to it non-stop since its releases, I still love it! A vast improvement over Hard Candy. My only gripe with this era so far is the lack of effort behind the 'selling' of what is prob her best album in years! So much potential just squandered with half-arsed promotion. Even the videos are impressive. This really could have been the album to put her right back at the top but most people I know don't even know she has a new album out and those that do are only aware because of the bad press she's recieved for not having had a hit single from it. Even Hard Cardy (one of her most lack-lustre albums in my opinion) had a kick off single than garnered some positive attention. It was a number 1 hit in the UK. While none of this affects my enjoyment of the music, this period in her career will always be, for me at least, one of wasted opportunities.

:thumbsup: and I love your avatar, too!!

Girl Gone Wild 9/10

Gang Bang 6/10

Im Addicted 10/10

Turn Up the Radio 9/10

GMAYL 6/10

Some Girls 10/10

Superstar 5/10

I Dont Give A 9/10

Im a Sinner 9/10

Love Spent 10/10

Masterpiece 8/10

Falling Free 9/10

Beautiful Killer 10/10

I Fucked Up 6/10

B Day Song 3/10

Best Friend 7/10

So, after 2+ months, I'm feeling a little tired of it, but it's because it's THE ONLY THING that I've been listening to.

About 2 weeks ago I got a bunch of new music in my iPod, and it's been nice to listen to something else for a change, but afer a few songs, I feel like I'm starting to miss MDNA and I have to play it from begining to end haha.

Girl Gone Wild 8

Gang Bang 11

Im Addicted 11

Turn Up the Radio 9

GMAYL 7

Some Girls 11

Superstar 7

I Dont Give A 7

Im a Sinner 10

Love Spent 11

Masterpiece 9

Falling Free 10

Beautiful Killer 9

I Fucked Up 7

B Day Song 7

Best Friend 6

So, after 2+ months, I'm feeling a little tired of it, but it's because it's THE ONLY THING that I've been listening to.

About 2 weeks ago I got a bunch of new music in my iPod, and it's been nice to listen to something else for a change, but afer a few songs, I feel like I'm starting to miss MDNA and I have to play it from begining to end haha.

Girl Gone Wild 8

Gang Bang 11

Im Addicted 11

Turn Up the Radio 9

GMAYL 7

Some Girls 11

Superstar 7

I Dont Give A 7

Im a Sinner 10

Love Spent 11

Masterpiece 9

Falling Free 10

Beautiful Killer 9

I Fucked Up 7

B Day Song 7

Best Friend 6

We see eye to eye, you and I... ;)

It's so hypnotic, the way he pulls on me, it's like the force of gravity right up under my feet. :queenbitch:

I made a decision I would never look back, so how did you end up with all of my jack? Bang bang, shot you dead. :queenbitch:

Saying your name is somewhere between a prayer and a shout. :queenbitch:

Love Spent. :queenbitch:

Deep and pure our hearts align, and then i'm free, i'm free of mine. :queenbitch:

Album of life.

:queenbitch:

Since its release am re-grading the tracks

Girl Gone Wild 15/10 It's now my FAV track which is surprising . I thought it was one of the weakest track when the album was released.After seeing it on tour am converted.

Gang Bang 10/10

Im Addicted 10/10 I love the Karate/Kung Fu performance on the tour

Turn Up the Radio 6/10 Just doesn't do anything for me at all

GMAYL 8/10 LOVE the remix version used on tour

Some Girls 8/10

Superstar 5/10

I Dont Give A 7/10

Im a Sinner 7/10

Love Spent 9/10

Masterpiece 8.5/10 I love this song ! LOL

Falling Free 10/10

Beautiful Killer 10/10

I Fucked Up 6/10

B Day Song 4/10

Best Friend 6/10

Guest FrozenEyes

It's really went down quite a bit for me, sadly. :boring: I'm just not really interested in it. Some of the Orbit tracks still stand out to me, but some of the others...not so much. With her lack of presence this era, it hasn't really helped me. I haven't posted much about it, cause I'm trying to not be a wet blanket.

Just looking forward to the tour!!! ;)

Guest Xanthium

Since the tour started I've been listening to the album a lot. I knew the tour would reignite my interest in MDNA and it has. I'm pretty much enjoying every song now except Masterpiece. I just skip that one. It's not a bad song, it just doesn't fit the album at all. The only song I still actively dislike is B-day Song. I'm really enjoying GGW and GMAYL now. They're both fun, especially GMAYL. Also, I just ignore the vapidity of some of the lyrics now. Before it used to bother me but now I just say "Fuck it" and enjoy the songs. I guess without all the pressure of having GGW and GMAYL be successful singles and my minor resentment over the lack of proper album promo having dissipated, I can just sit back now and enjoy the album and tour.

Girl Gone Wild 8

Gang Bang 6

Im Addicted 7

Turn Up the Radio 9

GMAYL 10

Some Girls 6

Superstar 8

I Dont Give A 7

Im a Sinner 8

Love Spent 9

Masterpiece 5

Falling Free 7

Beautiful Killer 7

I Fucked Up 10

B Day Song 9

Best Friend 10

Girl Gone Wild 10

Gang Bang 10

Im Addicted 8

Turn Up the Radio 10

GMAYL 8

Some Girls 9

Superstar 9

I Dont Give A 9

Im a Sinner 8

Love Spent 8

Masterpiece 8

Falling Free 7

Beautiful Killer 9

I Fucked Up 8

B Day Song 8

Best Friend 8

For me, the novelty has worn off a little, but that has left a residue of appreciation for a number of tracks on this release. Overall, I still think this is a very creative album and it features some of her best lyric writing since Ray of Light (IMO). After two months of listening, I like some songs less, others more, while some have remained in my good graces all along. "Give Me All Your Luvin'" is DEAD ON ARRIVAL in my book. I will never understand the reasoning for making it the first single. Surprisingly, I enjoy "Turn Up the Radio" slightly less than before. It's still a solid song, but I don't think I like the way she sings the chorus. On the other hand, I like "Girl Gone Wild" a little more. I find its production mundane, but it's catchy. I also like "Masterpiece" and "Some Girls" more.

All that said, "Gang Bang", "I'm Addicted" and "Love Spent" are still fantastic tracks. "I Fucked Up" is grand as well, and the acoustic version of "Love Spent" - with its haunting chants - is like a heavenly rain.

Along with Erotica, MDNA feels like a very angsty record. But where Erotica expressed its sorrow and frustration like a sexual bitch slap, MDNA feels like a punch to the gut. It is balanced out with the softer Orbit tracks, but is far more savage none the less.

I would still rank it in her Top 5 best albums. However, it is nowhere near Like A Prayer or Ray of Light (for me anyway).

Girl Gone Wild 10

Gang Bang 8

Im Addicted 9

Turn Up the Radio 10

GMAYL 10

Some Girls 8

Superstar 10

I Dont Give A 6

Im a Sinner 8

Love Spent 8

Masterpiece 7

Falling Free 5