Two months later - MDNA is still an Album of Life.

Apples388

Poor unfortunate souls who consistently try to tear this album down and make up such ridiculous theories as to why they're not feeling it... how DARE you...:queenbitch:

My official RANKING from BEST 2 WORST

Gang Bang 5/5

Turn Up The Radio 5/5

Falling Free 5/5

I'm A Sinner 4.5/5

I'm Addicted 4.5/5

Love Spent (Acoustic Verzhunnn) 4.5/5

Some Girls 4.5/5

Girl Gone Wild 4/5

I Don't Give A 3.5/5

Give Me All Your Luvin' 3.5/5

Masterpiece 3.5/5

Superstar 3/5

YES MAM I LOVE IT THAT MUCH. NOTHING LESS THAN A 3 ON THE ALBUM PROPER.

Bonus trax, however...

Beautiful Killer 4/5

I Fucked Up 3.5/5

Bidet Song 1/5

Worst Friend 1/5

Guest Not4Pussies

i love it now. not that i never did, but now im really into it. now that i changed the tracklisting.

it's my album for the summer. my summer theme album.

I do not listen to it as much as I used to, but there are songs I keep listening a lot to, especially Beautiful Killer, Gang Bang & Love Spent :-) It's a really great album with only a couple of fillers.

Beautiful Killer is one of those songs that you can listen to in a couple of years and still feel it's fresh. It may be because the prodution is really dated, it's not as powerful as it should be done, but it won't age bad.

Honestly how dare you. Stop lying to yourself. Look at the powerful chemistry that translates onstage when she performs from that record. Omigod. I am dying. Compelling. Raw. Interesting. Experimental. Rap. Caucasian. Mommy. Volvo. Fame won't make you happy. Stoic. Crows.

That's a dumb example and I'm sure you know that.

And I can EXCLUSIVELY confirm that Middle Aged Girl Gone Wild is the BEST track and most conducive to cardio. You'd think it would be Addicted and Gang Bang but they have punishingly intense build ups, TUTR is also good for it but I just can't resist those Sash! chords. :dramatic:

I play GGW repeatedly in the shower while doing sexy cardio moves. :wow:

Something about GGW and the gym. Didn't love it so much when it first came out but NOW I love pumping iron to it and cardio-ing to it !

I listen to MDNA everyday almost the entire album minus GAYL for ome odd reason... Im addicted to it like i havent been since COAD! Its interesting that a lot of the positive brigade that target me as a "hater" are the first ones who left the boat after the album underperfomed and im totally loving it each day more after 2 months LOL

It's a good album from start to finish...hell I'm even starting to like Superstar. Too bad the album is DOA and her biggest flop. Interscope sucks.,,and all you idiots that blamed Warner for everything...

Yeesh talk about aggressive.

Just so YA'LL KNOW... Interscope only handles her distribution. I doubt she has a full fledged record deal with them in which they're responsible for making sure her album performs spectacularly. Live Nation does that, and they tried. The real people who fucked up this era are Madonna (for choosing the single) and her management. And Live Nation, but they're excused since they're not really a record label.

Give Me All Your Luvin' killed this album swiftly and without hesitation, just like American Life. Oh well there's always next time!

J don't have a complete formed opinion on it fully yet but I'll say this, the single choices so far has been the worst, makes the AL and HC single choices look so good, and that's not saying much.

The album itself doesn't seem cohesive which is a shame coz she always had that going for her. Gang Bang was an instant love for me, I can say that. I would like it to be released as a single (obviously has nothing to do with commercial appeal).

I just spun this album a total of 3 times. I know, flop fan :lol:

Guest Xanthium

The album is good. It's not great. It's got some of her best songs ever (Love Spent, I'm Addicted, Some Girls, Falling Free) and some of her worst (GGW, GMAYL, B-day Song). Sometimes I really like the album, sometimes I'm just disappointed. It will never be a cohesive entity to me though and that's something that usually helps me to appreciate an album. I do love Superstar despite the shit lyrics. The melody and production are great. I'm really excited about the tour because it'll breath new life into MDNA and reignite some passion for it. All signs point towards the tour being a hodgepodge of DW and CT so I'm currently very stoked.

I seem to be the only person who doesn't mind the tracklisting order :dazed:

I like it but I would prefer if Some Girls was before Turn Up the Radio.

Solveig tracks are the weakest but I love I Fucked Up. Maybe she can do a Pink with this. Revive the album through a right single (I'm Not Dead's Who Knew).

I still love the album but I thought Gang Bang is the most overrated track of hers. Never liked it since the beginning. I think MDNA could ve been a hit if the singles released were those: 1st Love Spent 2nd I m Addicted 3rd Turn Up The Radio 4th Beautiful Killer...

I can only get into 4 or 5 tracks.

2 months in, I liked HC much better.

Same here. There are about 5 songs I truly love, the rest are passable at best.

Say what you will about Hard Candy but imo overall that album felt both more emotionally sincere and more fun. And this isn't revisionist history, I've always loved HC. And regardless of sales if I loved MDNA I'd say it. When WO said that stuff on Facebook it confirmed my suspicions. Hopefully for the next album she'll be more focused. But hey I got 5 new favorites and what's looking to be another great tour from MDNA so it's not all bad.

I like the darker side of the album. I think this album will be like American life in that it will come alive when performed live on stage.

Guest astonishing!

Yep, still loving it. Gave it a break for a few weeks but it's back in rotation now. And oh my days, I just fell in love with SOME GIRLS today. Really didn't know what I was missing :dramatic:

I'm Addicted and TUTR are still my favourites, there's something very euphoric about both, especially when on the move. I also still hate Best Friend and I Fucked Up though. That said I'm kinda intrigued about what she'll do with BF on tour.

Rankings-wise, this falls in 5th place, knocking poor Bedtime Stories out the top 5 :(

ROL

LAP

Erotica

HC

MDNA

BS

Confessions

Music

Madonna

AL

TB

LAV

In a strangest turn of event my fav track on it is GGW ! I was on Team TUTR before but now I hardly listen to it at all.

It's so hypnotic (hypnotic).....

MDNA updated ratings -

Girl Gone Wild - 9/10

Gang Bang - 9/10

I'm Addicted - 10/10

Turn up the Radio - 8/10

Give me All Your Luvin' - 7/10

Some Girls - 8/10

Superstar - 6/10

I Don't Give A - 8/10

I'm a Sinner - 8/10

Love Spent - 11/10

Masterpiece - 10/10

Falling Free - 10/10

Beautiful Killer - 7/10

BDay Song - 0/10

Best Friend - 6/10

I Fucked Up - 9/10

Love Spent (Acoustic) - 11/10

Give Me All Your Luvin' (Party Rock Remix) - 7/10

Here's mine.

Girl Gone Wild: 10/10

Gang Bang : 10/10

I'm Addicted: 10/10

Turn up the Radio: 9/10

Give Me All Your Luvin': 8/10

Some Girls: 69/10

Superstar: 8/10

I Don't Give A: 9/10

I'm A Sinner: 9/10

Love Spent: 10/10

Masterpiece: 10/10

Falling Free: 10/10

Beautiful Killer: 10/10

BDay Song: 9/10

Best Friend: 7/10

I Fucked Up: 7/10

Everything is expected to go up once the tour starts. :wow: Though it still does depress me that Cum Gorls won't be performed. :cries:

Two months later and I have to say that Falling Free is one of the best ballads of her career. After over a decade of those mid-tempo ballads, I never thought we'd get one like this again. I'm still not sure I can rank the songs at this point, but the ones I repeat most are GGW, IDGA, GB, IA, SG, TUTR, FF and LS. I think the only song that I've never been too crazy about and still hasn't grown on me is BF....but that BF/H video interlude for the tour sounds interesting. I can't rank MDNA among her albums yet but it's in the same category for me as Madonna, LAP, ROL and COADF....the elite group. :)

I fucking love MDNA, I even fucking love GMAYL, but I must admit that I'm very disappointed at the fact that the album basically went unnoticed.

I really wish Madonna would simply stop taking this whole "hit" thing seriously. She always makes the best music when "making a hit" isn't at the top of her list.