Will the MDNA Tour outgross Sticky and Sweet?

Apples388

The CEO of Live Nation already said it will end up grossing $350 million.

Sticky grossed $408m.

Yes, but that's without factoring in potential dates in Australia, right?

And maybe they will do a 2nd leg in a similar fashion to Sticky.

I'm just wondering, that's all. With the current number of dates, will it be on course to outgross Sticky?

Most likely considering she's already at S&S number of gigs and Australasia still to be announced. Sales have gone extremely well pretty much everywhere (83 scheduled shows so far). Tickets are also more expensive this time around. S&S average gross per gig was $4.8m .... she's likely to get to an average of $6m per show this time around. At roughly 100 shows when all gigs will have been announced, that's already in the range of $600m, putting her #2 after U2's 360 in the all time highest-grossing tours chart

Loving the fact that QUEENDONNA is going to be breaking her own record. I can just see the headlines in 2013:

MADONNA BREAKS HER OWN RECORD. :wow:

:wow:

Can u imagine the Friedman meltdown when Forbes headline goes "54 yo Madonna pockets $500m in a single year"

:rotfl:

:wow:

Can u imagine the Friedman meltdown when Forbes headline goes "54 yo Madonna pockets $500m in a single year"

:rotfl:

He'll find something negative to say, I'm sure. Haters never run out of ideas.

But let's not talk about him.

Most likely considering she's already at S&S number of gigs and Australasia still to be announced. Sales have gone extremely well pretty much everywhere (83 scheduled shows so far). Tickets are also more expensive this time around. S&S average gross per gig was $4.8m .... she's likely to get to an average of $6m per show this time around. At roughly 100 shows when all gigs will have been announced, that's already in the range of $600m, putting her #2 after U2's 360 in the all time highest-grossing tours chart

I agree. Because she is adding Australia last (and after a holiday break), I am inclined to think that it will be a significant number of dates there, and all of them will be stadiums no doubt. If the sales are anything like South America was in 2008, I think she could manage 2-3 sellouts in each major city: Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide, and Perth. Plus it seems likely she'll do New Zealand too. I'd imagine that could bring her to $500-600 million. I really wish we'd see a Southeast Asia/China/Korea leg and ending in Japan. The gross would then be just massive.

Of course that would be over 100 dates and I am not sure she has the patience for that size of a tour. Of course, with the abject commercial failure of W.E., I am not sure what she has going on after the tour. Is she really going to invest that much time in another film only to have it lose money?

I don't think she'll throw herself into another film that quickly.

If anything, I have a feeling she'll write a lot of material on tour and I expect the next album to come out sooner than we expect. Probably for 2014.

If anything, I have a feeling she'll write a lot of material on tour and I expect the next album to come out sooner than we expect. Probably for 2014.

CZHhK.gif

She said in one WE interview she already has some ideas for her next movie.

CZHhK.gif

She said in one WE interview she already has some ideas for her next movie.

Wasn't that before it grossed less than $2 million despite a $15 million budget?

I know she was talking about doing a film on Jane Digby, and I actually thought she would do a wonderful job with a story like that. However, with W.E. being such a bomb, I wonder if she will think it is wise to invest the time and money in it knowing it will be shredded by the press yet again?

Of course this tour will be bigger than the last. What I'm looking towards is not her beating herself, but that damn U2 tour. She'd have to hit 800 million though but wouldn't it be grand for her to get that ALL TIME number one spot? Hell, I don't go to her shows anymore. Jack those prices up girl! (I hate U2 now and want M to dethrone them). Purely selfish reasons.

After this tour she's going on VACATION. She's gonna learn to snow board in Switzerland. Whatta life :bow:

He'll find something negative to say, I'm sure. Haters never run out of ideas.

Roger has been trying to spin negative on The Avengers box office of all things :lmao: Someone with a movie out now must be slipping him 20 dollar bills.

'Avengers' Overload: Only Movie to DECLINE in Audience on Tuesday Night

Wow. Has “The Avengers” already saturated its market? It was the only movie that declined in audience on Tuesday night. “The Avengers” actually declined 6.5% from Monday to Tuesday, still finishing at number 1 with $17.6 million, down from $18.89 million. Every other movie in the top increased its audience on Tuesday, many by 30 or 40 percent. Tuesday is considered an “adult” movie tonight. Maybe “The Avengers” really is just for kids.

Does she ever write on tour? The only song I know that was made on tour is ILNY and that was severely reworked.

Does she ever write on tour? The only song I know that was made on tour is ILNY and that was severely reworked.

I think she started writing 4 those aborted musicals during RIT rehearsals.

Have we all forgotten the legendary poem she wrote during Reinvention?

I feel like God

I feel like shit

The paradox

And the even split

:wow: :wow:

I'm sure this bit below came from a poem she wrote during Sticky:

I miss your brain

The way you think

But I don't miss

The way you used to drink

POETESSDONNA!!!

I'm sure the $350 million number included Live Nation's expectations for Australia. It's really easy to estimate a tour's gross even before it begins. It's not as large as Sticky's total, but it's still a huge number.

I'm sure the $350 million number included Live Nation's expectations for Australia. It's really easy to estimate a tour's gross even before it begins. It's not as large as Sticky's total, but it's still a huge number.

I wonder why even with the same amount of dates it's projected to do less though. That's kind of odd.

I agree.

I think the only way it can outgross Sticky is if it has a 2nd leg after a proper break like she did with Sticky.