Madonna to release Gang Bang this summer.

Nikki

the song seems a little bit awkward to play in a dance club. regarding its lyric content... no matter how you mix it.

You're just plain wrong about that. There's nothing amiss about the lyrics to GB in a dance club environment. The only thing I'd say about them is that they're mixed a little too low, volume-wise. But a DJ w/ her dry vocals doing a remix could easily fix that.

Radio will most likely ignore this so I want them to use the power of the Internet to push this one. Make a fucking awesome video and people will watch it. Screw the radio! Once people see the video it may be enough of a push for demands of the single. If it fails, at least she has another iconic video to add under her belt.

With the Internet, traditional radio really isn't that big a deal anymore. Internet radio plays a lot of club mixes rather than the single mix.

Some people seem to think that Internet is some kind of perfect media, but it's not. If radio doesn't support a song, it's not a hit. Radio is still the best way to promote a song.

Radio or Not tehy do not play her anymore

Video or Not they will always foudn excuse to ban her. GGW is Too sexy? WHat about all the other pop slxts?

Gang Bang is a great song and she has to release it for the fans, that's all.

Only some TV performances could save a bit the album now. DO not forget that a Great MTV video award events positively reviewed by many (hollywood) did not save American Life.

Turn Up The Radio JUne - Ganag Bang August Love Spent October. that's all I am asking!

She did listen to us with Miles Away and Jump I am sure she could do this for us. ( I even fucking bought you that shitty perfume)

I think the very minimum is that she should give us a decent number of quality videos. Lately her remixes are crap so if she shoots a kick ass video that'd be great, GB deserves an over the top video anything less would be a disappointment. That said I doubt Quentin Tortellini would film it.

GB deserves an over the top video anything less would be a disappointment. That said I doubt Quentin Tortellini would film it.

I agree. Maybe he said he'd do it after he was done filming Django Unchained and that's why it won't happen until later this summer? Just wishful thinking on my part. Although he should be done filming his movie by July, me thinks. :p

I think the very minimum is that she should give us a decent number of quality videos. Lately her remixes are crap so if she shoots a kick ass video that'd be great, GB deserves an over the top video anything less would be a disappointment. That said I doubt Quentin Tortellini would film it.

Yes we want more videos :rant: GMAYL and GGW were great cmon Madonna give us more :( and screw live performance videos i want a real one

Some people seem to think that Internet is some kind of perfect media, but it's not. If radio doesn't support a song, it's not a hit. Radio is still the best way to promote a song.

The success of MDNA and its two singles in Italy (where radio support for Madonna is as strong as ever) is testimony to this. If radio doesn't play a song, it's not going to be a hit, because people don't know about it. TV and Internet exposure will only get a song so far.

This is hilarious... especially when she keeps repeating "What's that Guy's name?" and "that GUY!" when referring to her ex-husband. I'm sure she had no idea what his name was, but funny/clever nevertheless even though she was saying his name all along. It was like she purposely was saying it that way.

That would be some very nice song names :lol:

Yes, and surely to be followed by fan meltdowns that "Be On The Radio" had no business being a lead single and "She's Gotta Chart" has juvenile lyrics :lmao: Ahh I'm having too much fun on this forum

You're just plain wrong about that. There's nothing amiss about the lyrics to GB in a dance club environment. The only thing I'd say about them is that they're mixed a little too low, volume-wise. But a DJ w/ her dry vocals doing a remix could easily fix that.

No, I'm not wrong. It's just my opinion... and there are a lot of people who think the same, regarding a song being played that is mentioning killing their lover. Yet, I'm certainly aware there are people if not just as many people think there is nothing "amiss" about it being played in the club. I'm one of those people who pay much attention to lyrics, so if I was in a club (a non-fan most likely), I'd probably think it was odd dancing to a song that is talking about offing their lover. That's just my opinion.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

If this is being released with no video, i don't give one shit about it, sorry.

Also, no one in a club is giving a phuck about what the lyrics in this song are about. It's got a killer beat, that's all it needs. Please get a clue. Thanks.

I don't think "Turn up the Radio" would have been a good first single. It's a bit bland and generic. Most of my friends think so anyway.

The more I think about it, the more I think "I'm Addicted" would have been the ideal first single. It's a great track; commercial but not generic (unlike "Girl Gone Wild") and there would have been a splash of controversy regarding the song title and the album title as well and drug references. "Oh is she singing MDNA or MDNA at the end?" etc. etc.

A technicolour super-flashy special effectsy video that was meant to be a 'visual drug trip' would have worked.

Oh WELL!

If this is being released with no video, i don't give one shit about it, sorry.

Also, no one in a club is giving a phuck about what the lyrics in this song are about. It's got a killer beat, that's all it needs. Please get a clue. Thanks.

Exactly, the club it's more about beats than lyrics and GB delivers in that area. True, and this is to neutrocks, you're not wrong in that it's your opinion. But you are "incorrect," let's say, that the lyrics wouldn't work in a club environment. This is fact: Darker lyrics work quite well; consider Offer Nissam's style — he's typically very dark and there's a reason for that. Maybe we're talking about different types of clubs, idk. The trendier mainstream like all that 'let's party, dance and have fun' stuff. But after-hours, underground stuff, which are always popular, have no problem w/ the heavier stuff.

Exactly, the club it's more about beats than lyrics and GB delivers in that area. True, and this is to neutrocks, you're not wrong in that it's your opinion. But you are "incorrect," let's say, that the lyrics wouldn't work in a club environment. This is fact: Darker lyrics work quite well; consider Offer Nissam's style — he's typically very dark and there's a reason for that. Maybe we're talking about different types of clubs, idk. The trendier mainstream like all that 'let's party, dance and have fun' stuff. But after-hours, underground stuff, which are always popular, have no problem w/ the heavier stuff.

I just meant, it wouldn't really resonate with some people such as myself since I pay attention to lyrics, not just "beats". Again, I am completely aware a lot of others wouldn't have an issue. And being a fan, I'd be floored just hearing the song in a club.

However, that's just a minor thing I was getting at in my previous comments. I never said I objected it being a single, but someone I quoted earlier made it sound that it should become one simply so it can be an "underground hit". That's when I ask, but what's the point of releasing it as a single since singles are to appeal to a large general population. An underground club would be minimal exposure and for the most part, the song would just appeal to die hard fans in that environment. Anyway, I was pointing out that it needn't be a single to be an "underground hit". In fact, some clubs are playing the song or unofficial mixes now without it being a single.

but what's the point of releasing it as a single since singles are to appeal to a large general population. An underground club would be minimal exposure and for the most part, the song would just appeal to die hard fans in that environment.

We had this exact same convo last night. It's in this very thread :doh:

Madonna is at the point in her career where she has the luxury to not care about mass appeal anymore. She's Madonna. She's got that, forever and forever. Why so concerned that she chases what she already has? It's like her buying two of the exact same dresses or me buying that remix CD of GGW when I've had the remixes for two months.

I understand what you're saying that many, like yourself, care about lyrics and the seedier stuff may be a bit of a turn off. Yes, absolutely, you're correct. But why is THAT crowd consistently more important than ppl who feel otherwise? She catered to them w/ GGW and, now, TUTR. Change it up a bit and make EVERYBODY happy. Mo' money, Right? Gang Bang can do wonders for her at this point.

That's true, I didn't look at it that way. It just caught me off-guard when she said that so publicly and after constantly making those "gotta pay my rent" comments about touring. I don't know. To me, personally, it sounds unprofessional. Obviously, Quentin could dish out the money and as looney as he is, would totally do it just to get his vision of GB (if he had one) onto video. I just don't think she needed to say it on a public forum.

HOPEFULLY, thanks to Facebook and twitter, some months down the line, we can hound Quentin and maybe he'll be done with his film and actually do it. I just don't know if he has a FB or Twitter. I'm sure there's a way to contact him though.

I sort of understand what you're saying, Mensch, because she has been half-joking about needing to pay the rent and all. But what she actually said was that Quentin would need to do it for free because she couldn't afford a director's fee. That does NOT mean that she was refusing to pay any and all production costs. It just means she's saying she cannot afford a director of his calibre because he would demand a huge fee. And in that respect, she's being realistic. Many of us have been saying for years we'd love for her to do a video with Romanek or Fincher again -- and the fact is, they are not feature film directors. Sure, Madonna is WORTH a lot of money -- but it's not all liquid, and she has to pay a lot of bills, salaries, creative collaborators, etc. She's going to be practical and pragmatic about how much she's willing to pay someone to direct her short-film music videos. Especially since (as she's proven by directing Filth+Wisdom and W.E., she is capable of doing it herself, if need be. I know she probably doesn't want to do that, because it's too much on her plate at once to direct and star in the shoot -- she's even said as much, I think. (Of course, I fully expect she'll do it one of these days -- it'll be a news story in itself: "Madonna directs her own music video.") Anyway. I'm rambling. Just wanted to speak up, since you said Quentin may be willing to shell out the cash -- that's not the problem. He'd only need to pay himself in this case. M didn't say she couldn't afford to make a video -- she said she couldn't afford HIM.

Since she's also likely doing a lot of video backdrops (including herself or not), she's paying people like Dago Gonzalez of Veneno, etc., to direct/edit short films, too. She's got a lot of overhead expenses for the tour right now... dancers, choreographers, musicians, tech crew, chefs, trainers, lawyers, accountants, etc. etc.

We had this exact same convo last night. It's in this very thread :doh:

Madonna is at the point in her career where she has the luxury to not care about mass appeal anymore. She's Madonna. She's got that, forever and forever. Why so concerned that she chases what she already has? It's like her buying two of the exact same dresses or me buying that remix CD of GGW when I've had the remixes for two months.

I understand what you're saying that many, like yourself, care about lyrics and the seedier stuff may be a bit of a turn off. Yes, absolutely, you're correct. But why is THAT crowd consistently more important than ppl who feel otherwise? She catered to them w/ GGW and, now, TUTR. Change it up a bit and make EVERYBODY happy. Mo' money, Right? Gang Bang can do wonders for her at this point.

Actually, I had missed your earlier replies. Totally forgot it was you that I was having the discussion with.

In any event, I need to clear something up. I don't care if Madonna has "mass appeal" as she did before. If she does, more power to her. I simply was trying to convey that releasing the song as a single seems pointless if you're looking for an "underground club hit" when to me, such "hits" are more likely created when it's not a very well mainstream song. Also, it doesn't need to become a single to be an "underground club hit". But the general purpose of a "single" is usually meant to appeal to a large majority. I'm not saying that is HAS to or it can't be just for the fans. I'm not saying that I care if it does appeal to a mass majority. In fact, I don't think it will.... well, unless she does some magnificent epic video that had a director like Quentin tied to it. I'm sure that would make some noise alone.

And finally, releasing "Gang Bang" isn't going to make "Everybody" happy nor do I think it will "do her (Madonna) wonders". In fact, I would question in what ways would it "do her wonders"? Yes, a lot of fans would be happy, and I think that's the only reason this song would get a released... especially if it was a video... to please many of the fans. But in the end, Madonna is so versatile in her music, she can never please "EVERYBODY". The proof is in the plethora of discussions just among the fans over the likes and dislikes of singles choices vs. other album songs from MDNA and past albums.

Actually, I had missed your earlier replies. Totally forgot it was you that I was having the discussion with.

In any event, I need to clear something up. I don't care if Madonna has "mass appeal" as she did before. If she does, more power to her. I simply was trying to convey that releasing the song as a single seems pointless if you're looking for an "underground club hit" when to me, such "hits" are more likely created when it's not a very well mainstream song. Also, it doesn't need to become a single to be an "underground club hit". But the general purpose of a "single" is usually meant to appeal to a large majority. I'm not saying that is HAS to or it can't be just for the fans. I'm not saying that I care if it does appeal to a mass majority. In fact, I don't think it will.... well, unless she does some magnificent epic video that had a director like Quentin tied to it. I'm sure that would make some noise alone.

And finally, releasing "Gang Bang" isn't going to make "Everybody" happy nor do I think it will "do her (Madonna) wonders". In fact, I would question in what ways would it "do her wonders"? Yes, a lot of fans would be happy, and I think that's the only reason this song would get a released... especially if it was a video... to please many of the fans. But in the end, Madonna is so versatile in her music, she can never please "EVERYBODY". The proof is in the plethora of discussions just among the fans over the likes and dislikes of singles choices vs. other album songs from MDNA and past albums.

To be fair, I didn't remember who I was replying to all that time either. I cheated and went back to read just before my last post lol. It does get confusing..

Anywho, I'll agree that a killer video directed by Tarrantino would make all the difference. Without it, things are a lot more risky, mainstream-wise.