Madonna to release Gang Bang this summer.

Nikki

No, no, no. If they release this anytime soon, it won't have a video or it will just be some sort of live performance at best. I want a proper kick-ass video, if not for anything else, then at least to ADD to her legacy (to be worthy to join the ranks of Vogue, Express Yourself, etc). Let them do TUTR & a few more singles (I'm Addicted, Love Spent) & then release GB when she has enough time to make a worthy video. Radio will likely not touch this & it'll probably be only a club/buzz "single" regardless so I'm not sure how many will even get to hear it.

If they're going to release TUTR, I hope at least the video's good, unlike Celebration, but given how pressed for time she was to even make GGW, I'm not holding my breath.

I've heard this before and I don't get it. Is it that hard to play 2 different, new Madonna songs in the same day? "Radios don't know which songs to play" - play both? What, is it illegal to promote 2 songs? :dazed:

I think the same. If it was up to me, they played the whole album in a loop. But they gotta have some bureocracy that we don't know.

No, no, no. If they release this anytime soon, it won't have a video or it will just be some sort of live performance at best. I want a proper kick-ass video, if not for anything else, then at least to ADD to her legacy (to be worthy to join the ranks of Vogue, Express Yourself, etc). Let them do TUTR & a few more singles (I'm Addicted, Love Spent) & then release GB when she has enough time to make a worthy video. Radio will likely not touch this & it'll probably be only a club/buzz "single" regardless so I'm not sure how many will even get to hear it.

If they're going to release TUTR, I hope at least the video's good, unlike Celebration, but given how pressed for time she was to even make GGW, I'm not holding my breath.

Agreed. Release with a Tarantino video or wait until he's available.

The management of MDNA is a fucking shambles.

Smart move. I'm starting to think we might actually see a "Love Spent" release after all.

And so what if it doesn't get played on the radio? Lots of ppl don't listen to radio, you know. She might very well have a nice underground club hit, where she's been sorely missed. And I'm not talking about mainstream drug parties w/ crappy DJs wearing mouse heads. No self-respecting DJ would play the remixes to GGW (short of Nissam's maybe) and CERTAINLY not GAYLUV. Sucky butt remixes if there was ever. Gang Bang.. different story.. w/ proper remixes and given the quality of the track to begin w/..dance wise.. it'll hardly be a problem.

Smart move. I'm starting to think we might actually see a "Love Spent" release after all.

And so what if it doesn't get played on the radio? Lots of ppl don't listen to radio, you know. She might very well have a nice underground club hit, where she's been sorely missed. And I'm not talking about mainstream drug parties w/ crappy DJs wearing mouse heads. No self-respecting DJ would play the remixes to GGW (short of Nissam's maybe) and CERTAINLY not GAYLUV. Sucky butt remixes if there was ever. Gang Bang.. different story.. w/ proper remixes and given the quality of the track to begin w/..dance wise.. it'll hardly be a problem.

So what's the point in releasing it as a 'single' then? An "underground club' doesn't need to wait for a song to become a 'single' to show any appreciation to it. In fact, there are many clubs which play songs from albums (if not usually an unofficial remix).

I don't object to "Gang Bang" being a single, but in all honestly, I don't see the point. If you're simply wanting the song to go to clubs with mixes, a single isn't needed for that. And while I suspect people would probably dance away to it, the song seems a little bit awkward to play in a dance club. regarding its lyric content... no matter how you mix it. Not that I think that would stop it from being played in clubs nor do I think it should.... it's just my opinion. After all, the song is already getting some spins in a few clubs.

You mentioned "who listens to radio"? Well, I guess we can say the same regarding clubs... "who goes to clubs?" I'm sure more people listen to the radio then go to clubs for the most part. So again, what's the point of releasing it as a single? Clubs don't really reach a large enough audience to make much of an impact for most songs. Not saying it never happens, but let's look back at the promotional mixes/singles that were serviced to clubs? Who really hears them other than the die hard fans or club goers which I think reach a far smaller audience than radio or the internet.

Singles are meant to appeal to the general masses. They are usually released with intention to reach non to casual fans in hopes they will buy the song if not the album it accompanies. Singles usually do not stray from what the general population is comfortable in hearing which is why some will construe such songs are "generic" or what not. Singles are usually serviced to top 40 (or something equivalent)... whether that is radio or some other media outlet that maximizes the most exposure if not sales which now a days is either online sources and/or DIGITAL stores such as ITUNES and AMAZON.

Again, I don't have an issue with "Gang Bang" being a single. If anything, it should definitely have an accompanied video with the song. But do I think by releasing it as a single, it will bring anymore awareness to the album? Probably not. Most media outlets will not play the song including radio. And I know you and many others think "who cares about radio", but believe it or not, it still is a huge medium that reaches a lot of people. Other than that, as a non single, the song can be easily accessed on line whether that is downloading it from several digital stores or accessing the song through many unofficial youtube videos or other social networking sites.

Well it's due time Madonna did something (music-related) simply for the artistic adventure rather than something that could help sell records or cross promote something ridiculous like a perfume. If she released it as a single and put some dough into a video then that's the best gift she could give any fan. Not to mention that a high profile video like one directed by Tarantino could definitely bring an audience to the album - maybe not a big one, but an event of that magnitude would surely bring Madonna's profile way up.

Well it's due time Madonna did something (music-related) simply for the artistic adventure rather than something that could help sell records or cross promote something ridiculous like a perfume. If she released it as a single and put some dough into a video then that's the best gift she could give any fan. Not to mention that a high profile video like one directed by Tarantinocould definitely bring an audience to the album - maybe not a big one, but an event of that magnitude would surely bring Madonna's profile way up.

That would be a brilliant idea if M wasn't so cheap. To say she wanted to do it for free is annoying and a sure way for him to not want to do it. I don't understand why Interscope isn't providing more of an initial push for her. She is the biggest selling artist of all time...hmmmm maybe there too busy with Gaga and her cutout cardboard castle.

With the Internet, traditional radio really isn't that big a deal anymore. Internet radio plays a lot of club mixes rather than the single mix.

And having a club hit that's actually released as a single makes a big difference. Take "Why's It So Hard?" from Erotica, a non-single. Or nearly any Madonna non-single, for that matter. If there's a "Shep's Club Dub Mix" for those I'd appreciate someone pointing me in that direction cuz I never saw one. Actual singles spawn remix collections.

That would be a brilliant idea if M wasn't so cheap. To say she wanted to do it for free is annoying and a sure way for him to not want to do it. I don't understand why Interscope isn't providing more of an initial push for her. She is the biggest selling artist of all time...hmmmm maybe there too busy with Gaga and her cutout cardboard castle.

I don't know if she's as cheap as used to be. Remember she just made a movie (a lot of money goes into that), did the Super Bowl (artists aren't paid for that), and did 2 pretty decently budgeted videos (Give Me All Your Luvin' was over a million bucks). Who knows. Tarantino loves Madonna. I'm sure he wouldn't require a huge fee anyway.

I think it's just going to be a single sent to the clubs only.I can't imagine radio going anywhere near this song.

But that's Ok.I like the idea of a hot,underground club single with some killer remixes.

That is my thought too. I am excited for a club single, regardless, as "Gang Bang" is one of her best tracks from this album. However, I'd love a real video too. Not sure when she'd film it though.

Plus if a song "went viral" on the Internet or really got hot in clubs, the mainstream would take notice. It's risky but is she having any better luck releasing these "safe" singles that, really, have been anything but? It takes a special song to go this route but I think 'Gang Bang' could be the one, not to mention that whole controversy aspect thingy. Again, I think it's a pretty smart move... if true.

I don't know if she's as cheap as used to be. Remember she just made a movie (a lot of money goes into that), did the Super Bowl (artists aren't paid for that), and did 2 pretty decently budgeted videos (Give Me All Your Luvin' was over a million bucks). Who knows. Tarantino loves Madonna. I'm sure he wouldn't require a huge fee anyway.

That's true, I didn't look at it that way. It just caught me off-guard when she said that so publicly and after constantly making those "gotta pay my rent" comments about touring. I don't know. To me, personally, it sounds unprofessional. Obviously, Quentin could dish out the money and as looney as he is, would totally do it just to get his vision of GB (if he had one) onto video. I just don't think she needed to say it on a public forum.

HOPEFULLY, thanks to Facebook and twitter, some months down the line, we can hound Quentin and maybe he'll be done with his film and actually do it. I just don't know if he has a FB or Twitter. I'm sure there's a way to contact him though.

That is my thought too. I am excited for a club single, regardless, as "Gang Bang" is one of her best tracks from this album. However, I'd love a real video too. Not sure when she'd film it though.

Hmmm well she DOES have a week gap betwixt the Euro leg and American leg of the tour....

Hmmm well she DOES have a week gap betwixt the Euro leg and American leg of the tour....

That's true, but then it would be a fall single and not a summer one since that week long break is at the end of August and any such video wouldn't debut until mid-September at the earliest. I thought they were intending to release it this summer? A fall single would actually make more sense if TUTR is a go. I'd be impressed if we had 4 singles with 4 real videos.

That's true, but then it would be a fall single and not a summer one since that week long break is at the end of August and any such video wouldn't debut until mid-September at the earliest. I thought they were intending to release it this summer? A fall single would actually make more sense if TUTR is a go. I'd be impressed if we had 4 singles with 4 real videos.

God, so would I. The last time that happened was Perfections :| Hard Candy only had 2 videos :manson: I remember being so pissed about that :lol:

Do you really think she's that cheap? I mean... I'm sure the TOUR is quite expensive. I think that's where a lot of money is going to. And she did pour money into two great videos. That isn't "cheap" either. As for her comment about Tarentino doing it for free... I suspect that was more in jest. But yeah, I do agree that INTERSCOPE should push her more. But if you think about it, they already got their money back from this album just from the U.S. sales alone... if it's true they paid her a million upfront.

With the Internet, traditional radio really isn't that big a deal anymore. Internet radio plays a lot of club mixes rather than the single mix.

And having a club hit that's actually released as a single makes a big difference. Take "Why's It So Hard?" from Erotica, a non-single. Or nearly any Madonna non-single, for that matter. If there's a "Shep's Club Dub Mix" for those I'd appreciate someone pointing me in that direction cuz I never saw one. Actual singles spawn remix collections.

But again, that only appeals to DIE HARD FANS.

Hard Candy only had 2 videos :manson: I remember being so pissed about that :lol:

Yeah, and they weren't even that good. I think that "Die Another Day" video from the S&S tour would've been a better video for "Give It 2 Me" than the one we got from Munroe and the gardener.

The only things I like about the "4 Minutes" video are Madonna's Chanel gloves and digitally enhanced face.

I hate to say it, but I think GUY OSEARY needs a manager :rotfl:

The general chorus from Madonna fans this time around has been pretty loud and clear and I'm almost certain that Madonna + co. won't make the same dreadful mistakes next time she launches an album. I mean Madonna fans even have William Orbit chiming in for christ sakes. Anyway, if there's anything Madonna is good at, it's learning from her mistakes.

But again, that only appeals to DIE HARD FANS.

SO WHAT? Geezus Christ, she's Madonna for god's sake. She'll ALWAYS be able to sell out massive arenas for the rest of her natural life. That's money in the bank. Why does everything have to be about mass appeal? She's worth half a billion dollars and could easily do now what damn near every artist aspires to do— Experiment and release whatever the hell she wants w/o thought or care to mainstream appeal. She can have the best of both worlds: Wild fortune AND artistic integrity; Mainstream AND underground appeal. Fans stuck on this whole She's Gotta Chart & Be On The Radio "thing" is just bizarre already. We should all be so lucky to be in the spot M is in today! What a fantastic reward she's earned!! But no, she's gotta stay on the radio, blah blah ..BLAH :ohgoodgrief:

SO WHAT? Geezus Christ, she's Madonna for god's sake. She'll ALWAYS be able to sell out massive arenas for the rest of her natural life. That's money in the bank. Why does everything have to be about mass appeal? She's worth half a billion dollars and could easily do now what damn near every artist aspires to do— Experiment and release whatever the hell she wants w/o thought or care to mainstream appeal. She can have the best of both worlds: Wild fortune AND artistic integrity; Mainstream AND underground appeal. Fans stuck on this whole She's Gotta Chart & Be On The Radio "thing" is just bizarre already. We should all be so lucky to be in the spot M is in today! What a fantastic reward she's earned!! But no, she's gotta stay on the radio, blah blah ..BLAH :ohgoodgrief:

Preach preach.

Most of her fans have always wanted her to do less safe, more risky experimental non-mainstream music as that's what they listen to - look at many of the artists popular here. The chart freaks are a small, but vocal minority. Nevertheless, Madonna is and always has been pop and she's the best at the genre and pushes it as far as she can go.

Honestly, screw them. What has most of those radio listening [all-too-often sexist] masses done for her anyway except call her an untalented slut? Excuse my French but she's got the money now to say, "Go fuck yourselves and, by the way, here's Gang Bang you bitches. Enjoy! Muah!"