William Orbit's Thoughts on MDNA

karbatal

How many songs has Madonna brought in to producers from scratch? Don't worry, I'll wait. I love Madonna, but she's another co-author (co-producer, co-writer) like all the other females in Pop.

I don't even like this artist but the one thing I know for sure she has over both Madonna and Beyoncé is she writes her own shit from scratch and that's Mariah Carey. Her favor aspect of recording is the songwriting stage.

But this is not about whether Madonna fully writes her own songs, it's about Beyonce taking something that doesn't belong to her. Madonna never claimed to write something she didn't. Please get your thoughts together :manson:

How many songs has Madonna brought in to producers from scratch? Don't worry, I'll wait. I love Madonna, but she's another co-author (co-producer, co-writer) like all the other females in Pop.

I don't even like this artist but the one thing I know for sure she has over both Madonna and Beyoncé is she writes her own shit from scratch and that's Mariah Carey. Her favor aspect of recording is the songwriting stage.

Beyonce can't even co-write a song. That's the point. She smacks her name on songs that she had no hand in writing. Madonna on the other hand, has had sole writing credits throughout her career, written melodies all on her own, and is a skilled producer (the fact that she's had as many hit songs as she's had speaks to that).

Let's not make dumb comparisons. William Orbit made a mistake. He's not a bad guy. He just messed up a tad here.

:rotfl: are you on drugs?

DO u really think Mirwais wrote the melodies 4 Music or Love Profusion? Or Oakenfold 4 Celebration?

She also wrote the Chorus Melody & hook 4 TAB...just off the top of my head.

It's nice that Mariah writes the same two songs over & over again...but b serious, even obsessed & TMB have 4 credited writers.

Guest bluejean

DO u really think Mirwais wrote the melodies 4 Music or Love Profusion? Or Oakenfold 4 Celebration?

She also wrote the Chorus Melody & hook 4 TAB...just off the top of my head.

It's nice that Mariah writes the same two songs over & over again...but b serious, even obsessed & TMB have 4 credited writers.

Thank you!

Erotica_blu, sorry but you need to do some research. We even know about Take a Bow since she said she sang the melody to Babyface and that was the basis of that song.

Oh and then there's those Bloodshy and Avant tracks where they said they sent the instruments and she put the melody over the top. Lucky Star she wrote on a synthesizer herself. She's also said she writes songs on guitar and then they develop them from there. We've heard demos of that nature!

While I am pissed at the album's performance, I'm ok that Madonna has been focussing a bulk of her time, attention and energy on the tour. Dude, she is charging her fans a huge premium, she claims she's worth it, she's a brand name. So she makes sure she delivers, she even admitted she still develops nerves everytime she is launching a tour. I like that and respect that a lot, because it shows sheer professionalism and commitment and making sure the fans get their money worth.

I have no respect for performers who short change fans by putting up half-assed performances. That includes some of my favourite artists. Many a time I did get disappointed with Whitney and Mariah for not taking care of their voices before a show. Celine gets my respect. She is as professional as Madonna, different type of perfomances notwithstanding.

It truly stuns me that some Madonna fans still doubt her contribution as a writer and composer to her musical output. "Celebration" was mentioned above - one of the co-writers himself stated that the backing track was given to Madonna, who then wrote "the lyrics and the melody". Madonna has handled the bulk of what she has sung for most of her career (i.e. the lyrics and the melody). Her collaborators generally shape the backing track (with input/advice from Madonna), and she writes the lyrics and the bulk of the melodies (according to a wide range of her collaborators, both past and present). Even in spite of his feelings about MDNA, William said that Madonna was better than ever in terms of her songwriting, mentioning lyrics and musicality. Stuart Price has commented on how brilliant Madonna is at "coming up with a melody on the spot", describing how she'd stand at a microphone and just compose a melody. Others have mentioned the guitar demos that have surfaced. Why is it so hard for some people to accept that she really is a bona fide songwriter?!

William really stuffed up this time. It could also be argued that he shouldn't have made reference to Guy's "dismayed" email (he's basically confirmed that he's upset Madonna's camp). He's happy, now, because he's "got everything off his chest", and he's also let his "supporters" know that he was even more critical in his email response to Guy. Others have speculated that William had probably already discussed all of this with Guy/Madonna before he wrote about it on Facebook, but he has pretty much proven that they had no idea how he felt. He's behaved very bizarrely. He's produced some brilliant material with Madonna, but the guy comes across as being a bit of a nutter with delusions of grandeur....!

So I guess M and Orbit probably won't be collaborating again?

she will probably use him again, but not for the next couple albums. who we need now is patrick leonard.

Guest bluejean

It truly stuns me that some Madonna fans still doubt her contribution as a writer and composer to her musical output. "Celebration" was mentioned above - one of the co-writers himself stated that the backing track was given to Madonna, who then wrote "the lyrics and the melody". Madonna has handled the bulk of what she has sung for most of her career (i.e. the lyrics and the melody). Her collaborators generally shape the backing track (with input/advice from Madonna), and she writes the lyrics and the bulk of the melodies (according to a wide range of her collaborators, both past and present). Even in spite of his feelings about MDNA, William said that Madonna was better than ever in terms of her songwriting, mentioning lyrics and musicality. Stuart Price has commented on how brilliant Madonna is at "coming up with a melody on the spot", describing how she'd stand at a microphone and just compose a melody. Others have mentioned the guitar demos that have surfaced. Why is it so hard for some people to accept that she really is a bona fide songwriter?!

William really stuffed up this time. It could also be argued that he shouldn't have made reference to Guy's "dismayed" email (he's basically confirmed that he's upset Madonna's camp). He's happy, now, because he's "got everything off his chest", and he's also let his "supporters" know that he was even more critical in his email response to Guy. Others have speculated that William had probably already discussed all of this with Guy/Madonna before he wrote about it on Facebook, but he has pretty much proven that they had no idea how he felt. He's behaved very bizarrely. He's produced some brilliant material with Madonna, but the guy comes across as being a bit of a nutter with delusions of grandeur....!

I don't think its like that. I think he's being bombarded with opinions and questions from fans and he's getting swept up in it because he's one of those people that isn't occupied constantly and prefers to just take it in his stride. If he had any sense he would stay out of all that twitter/facebook bullshit like Madonna does.

William Orbit is abit of a mad hatter, he took alot of time off after his huge wave of success that resulted from the 1st time working with Madonna. He couldn't handle the pressure of it all. I think Madonna considers him a friend and I don't see her ditching him over that rant. More than likely she wasn't going to work with him again on the next album anyway.

Guest bluejean

Oh and the reason why some people assume Madonna doesn't write her songs is because most of those other plastic female pop singers don't so it suits them better to think Madonna is part of that pack as well.

Guest bluejean

Exactly. But it is unprofessional for him to post a rant like that. You'd think he could just stay out of it.

Madonna has been friends with Orbit for what, 20 years now? Come on. I doubt she's going to give him the boot because of this stupid little situation. If she does, it'll be very petty of her.

She may even agree with him in parts. We've all done work and looked back and thought, I should've done it slightly differently. Madonna says she's been so busy she may agree that some things have been rushed.

Guest bluejean

If you think about it though true or not its bad publicity for him to go around saying that. I mean it makes Madonna look bad. She'd be justified to be annoyed. But she's clearly too busy to care.

:lmao: Beyonce takes a complete song and changes a single word, or even the title, or even just adds "What's up with B?". That's how greedy and stupid she is. Madonna can rewrite the entire song.

Oh and the reason why some people assume Madonna doesn't write her songs is because most of those other plastic female pop singers don't so it suits them better to think Madonna is part of that pack as well.

No. She's a co-author just like the rest of the hoes. The funny thing everyone who disagreed with me are the same people who bitch about the quality of her lyrics.

:lmao: Beyonce takes a complete song and changes a single word, or even the title, or even just adds "What's up with B?". That's how greedy and stupid she is. Madonna can rewrite the entire song.

Madonna hasn't written anything top to bottom in a very long time.

Guest bluejean

I'm sorry but Beyonce is NOT a songwriter. She may be a good singer but she's as manufactured as Britney or Rihanna. The fake pregnancy proved it.

Wow I didn't know a few members here were in the recording studio with Madonna while making her albums!

Madonna hasn't written anything top to bottom in a very long time.

You must be on another planet. Just look at the leaked versions of many songs in the last 20 years!!! Even some of the latest such as Gang Bang show Madonnas level of input. Not just input but CRUCIAL input. The bits that make the work live and breathe. There's really no comparison to that liar Beyonce.