William Orbit's Thoughts on MDNA

karbatal

I think the recording was rushed and was done in fits and starts as she was still tweaking that GOD DAMN film, more because they had to have an album she could tour behind, than because she felt inspired and passionate. I said the same thing the other day and everyone (okay just Kurt) jumped down my throat. And now William corroborates it.

Actually William doesn't mention W.E at all.

oh jesus. some of the best albums of all time were rush released. MDNA is great and everyone thought so before it went down the charts. it's too late to say you think it stinks now. girlfriend needs to get her ass up there and shove it down people's throats... isn't THAT what pop music is all about?

Oh look at the dramatic headline

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/05/19/william-orbit-some-of-the-best-songs-created-for-madonnas-mdna-went-to-chris-brown/

Desperate for traffic, aren't they?

They act like tabloids sometimes. :doh:

The best songs went to Chris Brown?

If Orbit is talking about songs like "Don't Wake Me Up" (which was produced by Free School, just like "Love Spent"), he's lost his mind.

What are you talking about, we could have had this masterpiece?

:lol:

I swear everything Chris Brown has done in the past few years sounds like it was made by the same Ibiza-style cookie cutter that Jason Derulo and Taio Cruz have been using.

The Demolition Crew was a pleasant surprise. I wish she did the whole record with them. Gang Bang and I'm Addicted sound NOTHING like William Orbit and Benny Benassi, it's obvious they were the real producers behind these tracks.

The Demolition Crew + Madonna = Next album

The Demolition Crew was a pleasant surprise. I wish she did the whole record with them. Gang Bang and I'm Addicted sound NOTHING like William Orbit and Benny Benassi, it's obvious they were the real producers behind these tracks.

The Demolition Crew + Madonna = Next album

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I think I read somewhere Madonna wanted the whole album to be like GB and I'm Addicted?

As a Hard Candy lover I would say that MDNA sounds more polished and much better than the former. So regardless whether it was rushed, it does not detriment from the quality of the album at all.

I believe that William Orbit has a lot of respect for Madonna and didn't post that to bitch or to be mean to her. Lots of Madonna fans are contacting him about the "failure" of the album, the singles, lack of promotion, etc. He was just commenting how he saw it from his point of view. He would have liked more studio time with Madonna because he believed he had great material for her. He was obviously disappointed that things were rushed.

Bitch phoned the album in. As a true friend, he's just telling her like it is and not sugar-coated it like the Yes men out for money.

yet he didn't have the balls to say it to her face, which could have avoided lots of "lack of promo" drama among the fans.

at first I liked that he spoke out, but he's only putting salt on the wound. and the media will have a field day with this, trying to blame M herself instead of the people who need to get blamed.

I like his work with Madonna, I wouldn't mind if she worked with him again in the same fashion as she just did with William. Erotica Blu just thinks that MDNA is like the worst thing ever and that her best music came from him, and I happen to disagree. He hammers that point home a lot. He also thinks B'Day Song and the Bang Bang demo are the best things to come out of this era :lol: Twilight Zone!

Never stop painting me as outrageous.

Stop. I love that album and the more you keep drilling it into everyones heads here, the more i start having visions of sheers everytime i play it. You're ruining it for me.

Sheer Visions From Down Under: you owe me a private photo.

Bitch phoned the album in.

:shock:

That NEVER crossed my mind. This album does not sound phoned in. Even though I didn't agree with that comment for Hard Candy, at least I could understand that opinion with that album, but not MDNA. "Falling Free," "I Fucked Up" and even "Gang Bang" do not strike me as pointless "phoned in" fluff. This material is deeper than anything we got on the past two albums, heck, maybe even past three.

That NEVER crossed my mind. This album does not sound phoned in. Even though I didn't agree with that comment for Hard Candy, at least I could understand that opinion with that album, but not MDNA. "Falling Free," "I Fucked Up" and even "Gang Bang" do not strike me as pointless "phoned in" fluff. This material is deeper than anything we got on the past two albums, heck, maybe even past three.

What makes MDNA deep? She addresses the divorce further than a single song like the previous album (Miles Away)?

Big up to WO, for giving us some insight into the making of the album. I totally understand his frustration. He was probably e expecting another ROL experience but got a rushed out half effort that is not promoted. I still like MDNA however I can see that it could have been a brilliant era.

What makes MDNA deep? She addresses the divorce further than a single song like the previous album (Miles Away)?

Well, none of those songs have "waiting, hesitating" in them. That's a level of deepness right there. :lol:

Thank you.

Thanks for changing the title of the thread, because this new one is more neutral and can bring more fruitful conversation. (although i think that mine was more accurate: William Orbit is pissed off. Anyway, everyone is free to mold reality to their tastes)

I love MDNA, but some songs in it are simply bad. And it's a pity, because some songs in it are the best one Madonna has released in years and years and years. Gang Bang, Love Spet, Falling Free, I'm a Sinner... they are so good. But then we have Superstar, GMAYL, GGW... that have nothing to do sonically or lyrically with the rest of the album. It's as if she had recorded ROL and we had as first single 'Don't Stop'.

I don't know if Orbit is being unprofessional, but i'm glad that somebody has spoken. Madonna seems to be on denial (at least, officially, we don't know what she thinks or what she's doing) and nothing in her agenda has changed. Oseary doesn't react either... only Orbit has expressed what many fans think too: that MDNA as been poorly done.

Interesting to read WO thoughts. For the next album Madonna needs to stop being a BRAND, at least while she is making the album.

I love most of MDNA but GMAYL, Superstar and Birthday song with their dreadful lyrics are just utter shite. GMAYL should NEVER have been the lead single.

She needs to devote her full attention to making the next album, maybe hire a decent songwriter and not be distracted by movies, perfumes, gyms and clothing ranges so we have a proper era.

I admire WO for having the balls to say these things about the way Madonna is marketed and handled nowadays. It's like her life isn't her own anymore. She has dwindled since Confessions On A Dancefloor...badly... :(

Whatever you say or think about the promotion of MDNA...obviously everyone has an opinion on the lack of it...but as a loyal UK fan of nearly 30 years!! People/fans/William are not mentioning RADIO 1?????????????????????? and NO air play???

Through her whole career Madonna has had complete support from Radio 1...DJ's hyping up playing the 'first EVER play of the NEW Madonna song'!! with continued and subsequent air play on the main playlist!! hence her great track record in the UK charts!

I am 100% sure that if she had that Radio 1 support then Interscope would have been bothered to have released the songs when they should have been....and she would have definitely had those top ten hits or a potential number 1 from 'GMAYL' but from the get go they knew it was a waste of time......

Your thoughts?

Guest groovyguy

Yeah, it's unlike him and I have to say it's such an about face seeing as how literally WEEKS AGO (!!!) he was praising the album left and right and commenting on what a wonder it was to make and how she's at her best artistically. HMMM...

THIS!

the sound engineer is Demo castillon who was the sound engineer on "Hard Candy" too.

Here's Demo's full Madonna resume:

American Life (Missy Elliott American Dream Remix) - additional recording

Hard Candy

Recording, programming and mixing on all Timbaland tracks

Additional production on "Dance 2night"

4 Minutes (ReBirth Remix) - co-production, for The Demolition Crew

Miles Away (ReBirth Remix) - co-production, for The Demolition Crew

MDNA

Mixing on all songs

Recording on all Solveig tracks + "Girl Gone Wild", "Gang Bang" and "I'm Addicted"

Engineering on all Orbit tracks, apart from "Gang Bang"

Co-production on "Gang Bang", "I'm Addicted" and "Best Friend" (as part of The Demolition Crew)

Drums and bass on "Gang Bang"

Give Me All Your Luvin' (Demolition Crew Remix) - production, as part of The Demolition Crew

Girl Gone Wild (ReBirth Remix) - co-production, for The Demolition Crew

Edited by Msig

Guest groovyguy

https://twitter.com/#!/WilliamOrbit

8 Nov William Orbit ‏@WilliamOrbit

and don't u'all fret now. The eternal will prevail. On the way to Mount Olympus

28 Oct 28 Oct William Orbit William Orbit ‏@WilliamOrbit

Working with Madonna is a treat. Fantastic tracks and vibes. Going deep. She's ON IT !!! This is THE album!

28 Oct William Orbit William Orbit ‏@WilliamOrbit

@msolveig Great meeting you too Martin! What a week!

Plus VISION!!!

Madonna has phenomenal understanding of both the minutiae of music and the big picture. Zooming in, zooming out. 4ever amazing

26 Oct William Orbit William Orbit ‏@WilliamOrbit

Hitting high notes!

22 Oct William Orbit ‏@WilliamOrbit

Working with an INCREDIBLE engineer/mixer Demo (Demacio Castellon). No wiki page as yet but will have tomorrow