William Orbit's Thoughts on MDNA

karbatal

I am kind of confused by this reaction. If it has nothing to do with money (ergo, how successful the record was) then why is he upset? It's a brilliant album, even if it doesn't end up in the Top 10 best selling albums of the year (which it very well may). I certainly agree it wasn't promoted well enough, but that is the commercial aspect, not the creative.

Yeah, that was my thought as well when reading it. It's a great album nevertheless. But did I expect Madonna was going to come back with a commercially successful album? Certainly not! Her commitments lie with LIVE NATION... touring. And it's not like she's been lying around doing nothing. She's been working her ass off. There is a lot of vision and creativity going into the tour. It seems to me Madonna is looking to provide a live experience for her FANS. It's very much what U2 is doing and has been doing. It's been working very well for them. A tour of 22 to 25 songs is much more exciting to me than any TV interview or one off promotional performance.

Sorry, but what a fucking faggot. Totally unprofessional, and really not his place 2 comment at all, he was basically 'the staff' as in hired help.

Finally the truth. The secret of The Crying Game has been revealed: MDNA is a man! A rushed juvenile man child of disappointment. Go William Orbit. Madonna will surely not use you again pretty but dated music.

NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR AMERICAN LIFE AGAIN. Now that's a truth for you.

First of all, I doubt she'll hear anything about this for a few weeks, by which point I doubt she'd even care.

The thing that bugs me is all this talk about songs that are already written...I know random, but it keeps me questioning how much writing M really does cause changing a few words isn't writing a song.

Anyhow, I don't think William cares about "success" in a sense, but I do believe he felt that the record was a "ready" smash for her as we all do too. Hopefully she'll do what he says and she could rehash the record and re-release it with more bonus tracks MDNA: the Exctasy Edition (lol) with a bonus tour DVD and maybe the correct push promotion wise it deserves. I'd be happy if she does something like that after the tour, even if it's so late in the fact.

It's really unfortunate that even though she is focused on the tour which is most important, that I think the fact is she wouldve given MDNA the correct promotion even if it wasn't a lot, if she didn't have so many things on her plate. I truly believe now, that she just really hasn't got the time. I mean if she really has only 4 hours to shoot a new video, that's really saying something.

If Guy would use his brain, after the tour, they could do a re-release with more tracks and a DVD of the videos and some performances of the tour, or even release the tour DVD packaged in with the Album as a special edition,to boost some sales and she could promote when she has time.

And with about all the WO hate, I honestly don't think he's being unprofessional. He has really used Facebook to communicate with M fans and he's just voicing our frustrations, and rightfully so. If anything, I think M would respect him for being honest, but just dismiss it as he has no idea the amount of pressures her career has on her and how it's not only about the record for someone like Madonna.

Sorry, but what a fucking faggot. Totally unprofessional, and really not his place 2 comment at all, he was basically 'the staff' as in hired help.

Yeah, it's unlike him and I have to say it's such an about face seeing as how literally WEEKS AGO (!!!) he was praising the album left and right and commenting on what a wonder it was to make and how she's at her best artistically. HMMM...

This. Yes, the working environment might have not been good - which pisses him off, understandably, and in a way any fan as well - but we have to see what those songs sound like. Because MDNA is great as is, and perhaps those other songs are not as good.

If that is what he is conveying then I am puzzled. He couldn't do anything but freak out on Twitter the whole time last year about how awesome everything was going. The first hint of disappointment from him comes when the album tanks on the charts? Either IT IS about the money for him or he simply wanted more industry recognition (i.e. another big Grammy winner like ROL). I wanted a blockbuster album as well, but let's face it...it's not going to be. What we can look forward to is a great album being brought to life on the stage in a matter of two weeks! Creatively, this era is a huge success IMO.

If that is what he is conveying then I am puzzled. He couldn't do anything but freak out on Twitter the whole time last year about how awesome everything was going. The first hint of disappointment from him comes when the album tanks on the charts? Either IT IS about the money for him or he simply wanted more industry recognition (i.e. another big Grammy winner like ROL). I wanted a blockbuster album as well, but let's face it...it's not going to be. What we can look forward to is a great album being brought to life on the stage in a matter of two weeks! Creatively, this era is a huge success IMO.

Of course it is.

As usual some of the dramatic ponies in here will have you believe that William thinks the entire project was shit and that he hates it.

In all fairness, he was responding to a fan who was looking for the album to chart longer and the singles to be more successful. I'm sure he was hoping the album would have fair half as good as RAY OF LIGHT or MUSIC. But I agree, it's just not going to be a "blockbuster album". Also, I agree this era is "creatively... a huge success". It's all about the tour now.

Very unprofessional of him. I am really disappointed that he's done this & his approach. What a way to undermine Madonna and the album. If he wanted to blast Interscope, Jimmy, and others for the handling of things after the album was done, then he should've done so directly. If he had issues, he should've contacted all in involved from the beginning, not now. This is just going to be used against Madonna as tends to be the case. It's already been picked up by the press and they will change things to suit whatever story they want to write. It seems like he's bitter the album hasn't sold millions, but if his idea of breathtaking is Bang Bang Boom, then I'm glad he didn't have more control nor more of his songs were used. I'm a Sinner is a rehash of Run, Amazing, and Beautiful Stranger and while it's alright, I don't need more of that. Chris Brown makes very radio friendly/commercial songs, so I'm going to wait and see if these supposed breathtaking songs are really that once his album's out.

While I think that some of the mastering Demo has done is not good (HC album & didn't he work on Revolver too?), he was part of the Demolition Crew that helped turn Gang Bang into what it is & they also worked on I'm Addicted (although I don't think Best Friend is amazing).

William also threw a fit when Britney's team rejected his songs. If I was an artist looking to work with him and saw how he acted, I would change my mind about him. It's not professional at all. He sometimes act like a bratty child who acts out when they didn't get their way.

NO ON WANTS TO HEAR AMERICAN LIFE AGAIN.

Well that's not true at all, I hope we get another American Life sometime in the future.

We got 2 albums of Mirwais. That's what I meant.

I see. Anyway, have you heard his work on Arabology, the Y.A.S. album? It's great and sounds nothing like his 2000-2003 records...

I like his work with Madonna, I wouldn't mind if she worked with him again in the same fashion as she just did with William. Erotica Blu just thinks that MDNA is like the worst thing ever and that her best music came from him, and I happen to disagree. He hammers that point home a lot. He also thinks B'Day Song and the Bang Bang demo are the best things to come out of this era :lol: Twilight Zone!

Oh great, another thread for the "arms folded HC haters" of this forum. :rolleyes:

It's an odd post by WO, like how Miguel said, just weeks ago Orbit was praising the album. The post is pretty biased, there's some slight shade mixed in, but also bits of positive notes. He bitches about the engineers (I kinda agree, I don't like the mastering for this record either) and whines about "great songs" of his not being on the album. Oh well Willy, enjoy your crystals and Norse mythology fanfiction!

I just don't understand why some fans go out of their ways to find new methods of bashing Madonna. Seriously, grow the fuck up or move onto another artist. She delivered a Grade A Deluxe Masterpiece with this album. Madonna's DNA is in every single one of those songs. Yeah, she may not have spent the most time in the studio recording this album like her previous records, but so what?

I just don't understand why some fans go out of their ways to find new methods of bashing Madonna. Seriously, grow the fuck up or move onto another artist. She delivered a Grade A Deluxe Masterpiece with this album. Madonna's DNA is in every single one of those songs. Yeah, she may not have spent the most time in the studio recording this album like her previous records, but so what?

Because they live in the past and hold on to this image of her that they wanted her to be 24/7.

She recorded Hard Candy over the course of an entire year and look how that turned out (I don't hate it, but it's not exactly an artistic coup lets be frank). Who the fuck cares how much time she had to record it. You people can be so ridiculous, yuck.

I think William, beating around the bush with too many words, was just trying to say that he saw Madonna was busy and all over the place to begin with. Maybe he thinks it should have been his stuff for the whole album, I doubt they cast the best stuff aside like he's implying.

This was posted in the MDNA discussion. And it's being overlooked. It's the only reaction we have read about all this debacle.

Yes this did deserve its own thread of course, but your thread title is hysterical and misleading. A bit of CONTEXT would be nice.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

Meh, if that's how he feels then so be it. I don't think he's being nasty or inappropriate about it. In saying that though, i don't think MDNA sounds rushed at all, but i wasn't there when it was made so whatevs, don't really care tbh, could have been made in 4 hours, still sounds great :dazed:*reads Ask Elizabeth*

the sound engineer is Demo castillon who was the sound engineer on "Hard Candy" too. He's also behind the Demolition crew that remixed and saved "I'm addicted" from the horrible production of Benny Benassi that can be heard on GGW and apparently they also saved "Gang bang" as well judging from what the demo sounds like compared to the album version they remixed.

Demo Castillon is pretty much God imo. He pretty much saved those 2 songs from being the musical jokes of the last decade. If only he could have saved B'Day Song :demonic:

American Life.

Stop. I love that album and the more you keep drilling it into everyones heads here, the more i start having visions of sheers everytime i play it. You're ruining it for me.

One word: embarassing. And it will spread like wild fire. M would probably not hear about it, but it won't come unnoticed to Liz. Good luck WO.

It's not even about being 'private'...but just who r these idiots responding2 any ole fanny fart online...u were hired 4 studio time, u got

ur cheque...now fuck off. This really is about his ego. :fag:

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

u were hired 4 studio time, u got

ur cheque...now fuck off.

Well of course. But they do actually have more than just a working hand relationship don't they?, their collaborations go a little deeper than that i imagine. He isn't Timbaland, who really was there to get his cheque after handing Madonna his "Nelly Furtado, Loose left overs" disc.

Well of course. But they do actually have more than just a working hand relationship don't they?, their collaborations go a little deeper than that i imagine. He isn't Timbaland, who really was there to get his cheque after handing Madonna his "Nelly Furtado, Loose left overs" disc.

But Madonna is not a band :lol: He acts like Madonna keeps singing over his solos on stage.

I bet they're gonna split up soon. :fag: