MDNA Setlist [SPOILERS]

IslandBreeze

again why are people taking that rumored setlist so seriously? there's been countless of set lists before this one, who says she hasn't changed a few songs late last week or even today?

I'm not saying Madonnatribe is not reliable, Im saying that they talked about this setlist since last week, and it's still almost 3 weeks before the first show. Unless they have up-the-minute updates, its still possible she may add or switch around songs.

Of course you did no say Tribe is not reliable, you were just wondering if they are the holy ground of all Madonna knowledge at all time even though they refuse to share more than one exclusive to the fans.

By the way dress rehearsal is this week. Of course she can change *any* number 'til opening night taken that there is no video backdrop involved and all lighting in the song is a spotlight on her persona.

Oh and of course there will be no accurate setlist in the tour program when the tour starts, but hey, those with the older setlist would be collectable so GuyO will probably double their pricing.

Guest Not4Pussies

Oh that setlist from madonnachile is perfection but probably fake. Cuz that setlist posted by m.d.n.a. and mtribe is dead on arrival, flat, reductive.

We already confirmed that Turn up the Radio is part of the setlist and can now report that the song has been revisited into a fabulous electro-rock version with pumping beats and electric guitars.

A new track that has been added to the setlist is fan-favourite I’m Addicted from the MDNA album!

It sounds a lot like the album version with a few added sounds to give it a better live impact.

One of the songs being considered for this tour is none other than Like a Virgin.

The song has been reworked using Abel Korzeniowski’s Evgeni’s Waltz from the W.E. soundtrack. Madonna tried adapting the song to the music, but apparently isn’t convinced with the result.

We can’t confirm if this version will be part of the setlist…

We previously reported that Candy Shop and Human Nature were never rehearsed. They were in fact playing around with the original Sticky & Sweet Tour demos for both songs.

According to our sources, different studio versions exist. The early versions of Candy Shop had a more chill vibe to it and also included a few lyrics from Erotica.

The Human Nature demos are similar to the album version with an added piano outro leading into Like a Virgin.

Read more: http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/05/14/the-mdna-world-tour-2012-setlist-spoilers-part-5-exclusive/#ixzz1urU5Oj8r

Read more: http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/05/14/the-mdna-world-tour-2012-setlist-spoilers-part-5-exclusive/#ixzz1urTxoEyk

Rama is still reading the forums.

Anyway, for the record, they previously stated that the rumoured Candy Shop and Human Nature were never rehearsed and are not part of the setlist. Today they make some damage control on the "never rehearsed because they were demo" part, but they actually stated that those are not part of the setlist.

Rama, is shit, just like the vague bullshit they posted leading up 2 album release which was basically internet rumors with a few added nonsensical words.

We can confirm the song will have a chorus...OOh exclusive :wow:

Was the main Tribe source a Warner related source? Cuz these days they offer next 2 nothing. :fag:

90 Seconds of PDP? Is that all? :lmao:

I mean, like Kurt said, why can't she just sing the fucking song and stop teasing us? :americanlife:

Maybe it's because she doesn't feel confortable singing it anymore. Is the same case with Material Girl (although in this case I think there's more to do with vocal ranges than idealistic statements).

INTRO (Kalakan singing, gregorian music and religion scenes)

Girl Gone Wild (chained Madonna falls to the ground and start praying while the Material Girl dancers appear)

Gang Bang (Madonna turns bad and dangerous, she shoots her dancers)

Revolver (Mix by David Guetta, Lil Wayne in the backdrop)

Papa Dont Preach (Violin sound,and Madonna changes again)

BEST FRIEND (Interlude, Heartbeat mix)

Hung Up (2012 version, mix with Love Spent)

Love Spent (Acoustic version with kalakan)

I Dont Give A (Guitar)

Express Yourself (Slacklining; Electro version)

Give Me All Your Luvin (Special MDNA Remix)

JUSTIFY MY LOVE (Interlude- controversial video; will be awesome, be prepared)

Open Your Heart (Kalakan remix)

Masterpiece (Madonna in the middle of the stage, romantic backdrop)

Im Sinner (Mix with Cyberraga)

Vogue (Superbowl full version)

NOBODY KNOWS ME (Mega dance interlude)

Turn Up The Radio (album version)

Bedtime Story (2012 Version)

Like a Virgin (Madonna singing with a piano)

Some Girls (only girls in this number)

Im Addicted (Big Party on the stage)

CELEBRATION ENCORE

Like a Prayer (Short version but unforgettable)

Everybody (dance mix with Holiday)

Celebration (Grand Closing)

Hope this is the real deal. And if it, then Louis was not bullshitting about what he heard.

If this is true, I will die of excitement. It could be her best show yet. And I'm not even joking.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!!!

Is it just me or is TUTR on a guitar sound like the worst idea ever!

It's not just you! Such a fun song only to be destroyed by guitar...well I guess I'll have another song to learn and play. Lol

Is it just me or is TUTR on a guitar sound like the worst idea ever!

No its not just you. Maybe she is hoping TUTR will be the new ROL.

COME ON MOTHERFUCKEERS AH CANN'T SEE YOU JUMPIN

Guest groovyguy

http://boyculture.typepad.com/boy_culture/2012/05/all-set-the-final-mdna-set-list.html

All Set: The Final (?) MDNA Set List

Multiple sources have said that the final setlist for The MDNA Tour is as follows (spoilers, duh)...

"Act of Contrition"

"Girl Gone Wild" (meets "Material Girl")

"Revolver"

"Gang Bang"

"Papa Don't Preach" (edit)

"Hung Up" (MDNA remix)

"I Don't Give A" (rock remix)

"Best Friend"/"Heartbeat" (interlude)

"Express Yourself" (meets "Born This Way")

"Turn Up the Radio"

"Give Me All Your Luvin'" (Just Blaze remix)

"Open Your Heart" (meets "Sagarra Jo" by Kalakan)

"Masterpiece" (feat. Kalakan)

"Justify My Love" (William Orbit remix—interlude)

"Vogue"

"Candy Shop"

"Human Nature"

"Like a Virgin"

"Nobody Knows Me" (interlude)

"I'm Addicted"

"I'm a Sinner" (meets "Cyberraga")

"Like a Prayer"

"Celebration"

Counting interludes and songs that are apparently references in new mixes of other songs, we're getting songs broken down as follows among albums she's released with new material:

Madonna = 0

Like a Virgin = "Material Girl", "Like a Virgin" = 2

True Blue: "Papa Don't Preach", "Open Your Heart" = 2

Who's That Girl Soundtrack = 0

You Can Dance = 0

Like a Prayer: "Act of Contrition" (if done in this style and not just a part of "Girl Gone Wild"), "Express Yourself", "Like a Prayer" = 3

I'm Breathless: "Vogue" = 1

The Immaculate Collection: "Justify My Love" = 1

Erotica: 0

Bedtime Stories: "Human Nature" = 1

Something to Remember = 0

Evita Soundtrack = 0

Ray of Light: "Cyberraga" = 1

Music = 0

American Life = "Nobody Knows Me" = 1

Remixed & Revisited = 0

Confessions on a Dance Floor: "Hung Up" = 1

Hard Candy: "Heartbeat", "Candy Shop" = 2

Celebration: "Revolver", "Celebration" = 2

MDNA: "Girl Gone Wild", "Gang Bang", "I Don't Give A", "Best Friend", "Turn Up the Radio", "Give Me All Your Luvin'", "Masterpiece", "I'm Addicted", "I'm a Sinner" = 9

Non-Madonna projects with Madonna songs: 0

Non-Madonna songs: "Born This Way", "Sagarra Jo" = 2

I think this is a good mix of her best new stuff and some intelligently, if ruthlessly, selected old stuff, with a couple of surprises. It shocks me she is skimping on Madonna (mainly because "Physical Attraction" is rumored to have been rehearsed) and Erotica (an album many fans adore, and one that fits neatly—perhaps too neatly?—with MDNA's vibe). Is the setlist perfect? It never can be, not with a catalogue as vast as Madonna's. Some fans will never be satisfied, but most are once they see and hear the actual show she invariably puts on.

I think the first section sounds insane! It's going to be really hot. The songs seem perfectly chosen to play well together. I do continue to be amazed that she thought enough of her Celebration bonus tracks to include both of them.

The second section feels weird because "Express Yourself" begs to be at the end of a section, not at a beginning. It's so anthemic and driving that it feels like a conclusive statement. Glad to see "Open Your Heart" snuck in, and pleasantly surprised she will stand there and sing the lovely ballad "Masterpiece". (Of course, she may have other plans, but that is definitely a vocals-driven number.)

The third section seems like fun if short. The songs work well together. I love that she's carting out "Like a Virgin" because I'll always remember critics laughing of young Madonna's shelf life, "What is she gonna do, sing 'Like a Virgin' at 40?" Try 53/54. And on what will probably become one of if not the biggest money-making tours in history. I definitely don't see what she sees in "Candy Shop," a silly song that not only made last tour's set list in spite of being a much-derided leak from before Hard Candy dropped, but that also helped name the album on which it appears and said tour!

The final section sounds killer (where's "Beautiful Killer"?) but I really think it needs another song, like the rumored "Physical Attraction"! If I could change any one thing about this set list, not including adding a much-wanted song ("Rescue Me" comes to mind...) or a crowd-pleasing song ("Take a Bow" comes to mind...) I would just beg Madonna not to end her tour with "Celebration," a cute but forgotten song that doesn't really do anything for her in such an important slot. I guess I really expected her to end the tour with "Turn Up the Radio," which should be a single by then and is very sweeping and fun.

It's good, though that the tour seems to start dark and get progressively lighter, ending on an up note.

There are things I wish were on here (I can't quite believe "Love Spent" has been left in the cold), and a few I wish were off (really only "Candy Shop" and "Revolver" bug me as tone-deaf choices). Some will carp about "Human Nature" getting yet another live performance (in truth, it's not a favorite of mine), but it is excitingly placed, and others are sick of "Like a Prayer," to which I say: "It's arguably her best-ever song." (For me, "Into the Groove" is her best, but "Like a Prayer" is right up there.)

Ultimately, Madonna probably would not tour if she felt she couldn't do it with a lot of new material, and thankfully I really love MDNA. But even if I didn't, I'd be happy to lump the new stuff because her live performances are unparalleled. I can't wait to see and hear this thing...five times!

im baffled why she is doing both Celebration and Revolver, but NEVER did Rescue Me which was actually a hit..

At that time (90s till 00s) she had so many hits that she didn`t have much space for little gems from the early 90s like Rescue Me. Nowadays she is struggling to have a hit and since Music she doesn`t have many to perform on tour leaving lots of space for uneventful songs like Celebration and Revolver.

Guest Not4Pussies

that last section does need another song.

LAP followed by Celebration. Sounds like an encore.

Everybody would be perfect before Celebration.

Where's Everybody?? You'd think she'd sing it for its 30th anniversary! I hope this setlist is not real

Overall I think this set list is good, but I do wish Everybody was on it since it's the 30th anniversary. I'm surprised there's nothing from the first album on it.

The boyculture article has been changed to:

"Multiple sources (with a shout out to Madonnarama) have said that the final setlist for The MDNA Tour is as follows (spoilers, duh)..."

Lobbying still works in Madonnaland