MDNA Setlist [SPOILERS]

IslandBreeze

I think this Louis person is full of shit to be honest. All those insiders who later on badmouth others and say they will keep it to themselves turn out to be liars. Which means no "Love Spent" and no "Frozen" unfortunately.

Guest groovyguy

Clearly this Louis is full of shit. The set list posted by m.d.n.a and partially confirmed by rama and now tribe is the real one. Deal with it. I can't wait.

We'll know soon enough if he's really full of shit.

I think this Louis person is full of shit to be honest. All those insiders who later on badmouth others and say they will keep it to themselves turn out to be liars. Which means no "Love Spent" and no "Frozen" unfortunately.

This.

I think if any of us were right outside of rehearsals we would be using our phones to record the audio if you can hear them as clearly as this Louis says instead of just posting what you hear.

Guest Not4Pussies

One thing I admired about Madonna is that she never performed the obvious and she had a fuck you attitude towards having to play the hits. As much as I am not 100% on board with the final setlist, (no Love Spent, no Some Girls, so many other songs that have never gotten the live treatment) I understand she has the obligation to play the obvious hits so she can satisfy a large part of her audience and alsk because she will be visiting places that haven't seen a lot of the hits live. I am pleasantly surprised she finally gave La Isla Bonita, Music and Ray of Light a break. Hopefully for the next tour she takes more chances with the setlist.

Guest Not4Pussies

Glaring omissions: nothing from Madonna, Erotica (!!), Ray of Light and I can't believe this bitch is doing Candy Shop and Human Nature again.

Did someone say there will be some repeats from previous tours?

If so, I expect "Human Nature" will be very similar (see also: "Ray of Light" Confessions Tour and Sticky & Sweet). And perhaps the "Candy Shop" choreography will be similar but the musical arrangement / costumes / theme will be different (see also: "La Isla Bonita" Confessions Tour and Sticky & Sweet)

Did someone say there will be some repeats from previous tours?

If so, I expect "Human Nature" will be very similar (see also: "Ray of Light" Confessions Tour and Sticky & Sweet). And perhaps the "Candy Shop" choreography will be similar but the musical arrangement / costumes / theme will be different (see also: "La Isla Bonita" Confessions Tour and Sticky & Sweet)

HeWeGo in the DrownedMadonna forum wrote some time ago that the setlist would feature quite a few oldies that were also performed on the Sticky & Sweet Tour.

And there are 6 of those: Candy Shop, Human Nature, Vogue, Like a Prayer, Hung Up and Like a Virgin (I'm counting in "Like a Virgin" because it was performed in the request sections on the shows that were filmed for the DVD/Bluray).

Candy Shop

S&S: similar to album version

MDNA: 60s/70s-style mix incorporating bits of "Erotica"

Human Nature

S&S: rock version

MDNA: apparently similar to album version

Vogue

S&S: R&B-ish version with samples from "4 Minutes" and Timbaland's "Give It to Me"

MDNA: similar to Super Bowl mix (album version)

Like a Prayer

S&S: rave/dance version with samples from Meck's "Feels Like Home"

MDNA: similar to Super Bowl mix (TIC version)

Hung Up

S&S: guitar-heavy rock version with out-of-place elements from the album version

MDNA: reworked to fit into the Transgression theme

Like a Virgin

S&S: acapella

MDNA: piano-driven (ballad?) version

Guest Not4Pussies

Hung Up better be completely different to make it fit in the Transgression section cuz I don't see that song being 'angry dark'. Also, Celebration follows LAP? OYH and Masterpiece in the same section as GMAYL? Everybody should follow LAP.

I'm glad to see LAV back on the setlist. I feel like it needed one more major classic to make it even. Some of the diehards may be sick of Vogue, LAP but the casual/Madonna concert virgins will be ecstatic to see those classics performed live in favor of some MDNA album tracks. It looks like she's doing pretty well with trying to balance things. Not as "fuck you" as the DWT setlist but maybe not quite as casual fan friendly as S&S. All this speculation!! I just want May 31st to get here stat!!!!

I was told that Falling Free may have returned to the setlist and if it does replace a song it will not be masterpiece (i only mention this because early on masterpiece replaced falling free).

I was told that Falling Free may have returned to the setlist and if it does replace a song it will not be masterpiece (i only mention this because early on masterpiece replaced falling free).

:wow:

PLEASE let this be true!!!

Maybe she'll alternate "Falling Free" and "Like a Virgin" at the piano depending on her mood. That would be nice.

I like the setlist; and I'm sure the casual fans will be happy with it. Trust.

I'm glad to see LAV back on the setlist. I feel like it needed one more major classic to make it even. Some of the diehards may be sick of Vogue, LAP but the casual/Madonna concert virgins will be ecstatic to see those classics performed live in favor of some MDNA album tracks. It looks like she's doing pretty well with trying to balance things. Not as "fuck you" as the DWT setlist but maybe not quite as casual fan friendly as S&S. All this speculation!! I just want May 31st to get here stat!!!!

Yes im very happy with that! Vogue, LAP, Hung Up and LAV are enough hits to make the casual audience very happy leaving lots of space to explore the MDNA songs. I have a feeling that this will be a very solid and theatrical show. Its amazing that by now we have almost no information. We are from 20 days from the show and not a single snipet about the actual performances (coreography, visuals, costumes) have leaked. Im ready to be surprised! :clap:

Maybe she'll alternate "Falling Free" and "Like a Virgin" at the piano depending on her mood. That would be nice.

I like the setlist; and I'm sure the casual fans will be happy with it. Trust.

That's interesting you say that because I was given the impression from the person that told me this that Falling Free would be performed after Human Nature.

That's interesting you say that because I was given the impression from the person that told me this that Falling Free would be performed after Human Nature.

It looks like she's torn between those two then. I suppose it's a case of "Gone"/"You'll See" DWT.

I honestly wouldn't mind either!

The absence of Erotica is the real story if this set list is accurate?

Not surprised by the inclusion of Candy Shop. You don't like it but Madonna obviously does. It's the new "La Isla Bonita"! :lol:

I loved that Love Spent followed by Hung Up on those rumored setlist :(

I know right...I feel that the setlist is going to change throughout the tour. I think she decided to do those really popular songs for the middle-eastern leg (Tel Aviv, etc.) She might replace some songs for the American or European leg.

never. she might sing one song in stead of the other like gone/you'll see but that would be it. she won't change more than one number..

Sticky and Sweet was a real surprise when she changed several songs for the second part. I agree with someone previously where they said she may change the set once she's moved on to a later leg but I wouldn't expect anything necessarily. The set list is usually fixed from day one. Not like Prince who changes his every show!

Sticky and Sweet was a real surprise when she changed several songs for the second part. I agree with someone previously where they said she may change the set once she's moved on to a later leg but I wouldn't expect anything necessarily. The set list is usually fixed from day one. Not like Prince who changes his every show!

Prince is a musician. Madonna's a showman. Prince does it because he can.