MDNA Setlist [SPOILERS]

IslandBreeze

This is an amalgamation of what's been rumored so far.

PART 1 - TRANSGRESSION [The backdrop videos for the first “Transgression” section are very dark and deal a lot with violence and death.]

1. Religious Intro [starts with spoken part from ggw, has sounds of church bells/ religious-catholic-kabbalah references]

2. Girl Gone Wild [includes the Act of Contrition intro and also has a new instrumental part featuring whip-sounds and even some Material Girl lyrics]

3. Revolver [feat. Lil Wayne, who will appear in the backdrop video]

4. Gang Bang [whip and gun shot sounds through out]

5. Papa Don't Preach [Edited version]

Best Friend (with Heartbeat lyrics) - Video Interlude

PART 2

6. Hung Up (sounds completely different from what we've heard before; reworked to fit the theme of the MDNA tour)

7. I Don't Give A (on guitar)

8. Express Yourself (mixed with born this way with she's not me at the end)

9. Give Me All Your Luvin [Just Blaze Remix]

10. Turn Up The Radio (on guitar)

Justify My Love - Video Interlude ["Madonna is being chased by carnival freaks who are wearing different masks, but goes hiding in a room to enjoy herself! It has the same feel as the “Truth or Dare by Madonna” commercial to it and is very sexy." "According to our sources, the video is a metaphor for everybody trying to take advantage of Madonna, judge her or exploit her private life. Instead, Madonna chooses to lock herself up in a room to escape from it all and to indulge in her own fantasies. All this in a very sexy setting!" "Starts out with an accordion and the sound of a crowd, then a gunshot then a clown or something laughing. And most of the backing vocals are changed to sound like a male, like, 'my love, my love, my love'. Theres a lot of, 'my love, my love, my love...' and 'pleasures, dreams, Naaaaaaaaked, fears. You put this in me (my love, my love my love) so now what (my love, my love, my love) then back to accordion with a crowd and then the dark laughness. (...) And it ends with: 'love me (love me) thats right (thats right). Love Me. The vocals in the ( ) are slowed down to sound eery." "She kind of dances/moves around like a young girl (not surprising, she's madonna) in her underwear. Her hair is the same as it is in the truth or dare perfume advert. At the beginning of the mix she sings "Justify" in what sounds like a childish voice (could explain the vocal pitch change). There's no NEW vocals in this mix. "]

PART 3 - BASQUE THEME? ["One of the last backdrops to be filmed is the one for Masterpiece, so we can confirm the amazing, fan favourite song from the W.E. soundtrack is definitely part of the setlist. Most of what has been filmed at the moment is inspired by the Spanish Basque Country. Scenes of traditional and religious cerimonies have already been filmed for the videos and imagery, like the big Basque Sun, is being heavily used. The sun in the Basque tradition symbolizes the eye of God. Interior of caves have also been filmed for the videos.]"

11. Open Your Heart (sounds like how it was performed during the superbowl but the whole song & feat. Kalakan [sagarro Jo])

12. Masterpiece [has a more prominent violin sound] ["Basque trio Kalakan will be collaborating with Madonna and will also be featured throughout the show.

The trio will be adding some extra vocals to Masterpiece to give it a unique feel, so it shouldn’t come as a surprise if we reveal that the footage for the Masterpiece backdrop is inspired by the Basque Country.]"

13. Vogue (sounds similar to super bowl performance)

14. Candy Shop (60's or 70's type-vibe with samples of Erotica)

15. Human Nature

Nobody Knows Me - Video Interlude

PART 4

16. I'm Addicted

17. I'm A Sinner (mixed with Cyber-Raga)

18. Like A Prayer [When asked whether the four poll-winning songs from Madonna's Facebook page would be performed (Borderline, Like a Virgin, Open Your Heart, Like a Prayer), digitalfreaknyc answered that 3 of them are in the setlist.]

20. Celebration (Benny Benassi Mix)

18. Like A Prayer [When asked whether the four poll-winning songs from Madonna's Facebook page would be performed (Borderline, Like a Virgin, Open Your Heart, Like a Prayer), digitalfreaknyc answered that 3 of them are in the setlist.]

20. Celebration (Benny Benassi Mix)

Where's 19? :confused:

I may be in the minority but I'm here for this setlist. Minus the 1st interlude it sounds like a tight show with strong themes. Confessions-esque.

I hope this show is relentless and the anti-thesis to the last one, thematically. Sticky & Sweet was premium, I loved it, but MDNA is not a happy go lucky album, and I want the show to reflect that.

The show features

Vogue, Like a Prayer, Human Nature, Candy Shop and Hung Up (all of them have been performed on S&S) This looks pretty happy go lucky to me...except for the Transgression section.

I guess we'll find out soon enough about this setlist. Honestly, I can survive without "Love Spent" as long as she does "I'm Addicted." I can't do without both. :horn:

Overall, I am most excited for the first section. It sounds absolutely KILLER. Pun intended.

I guess we'll find out soon enough about this setlist. Honestly, I can survive without "Love Spent" as long as she does "I'm Addicted." I can't do without both. :horn:

Overall, I am most excited for the first section. It sounds absolutely KILLER. Pun intended.

THIS

I pray that all of those "insiders" are liars...(nothing personal...I just need a great setlist after S&S disappointed me so much)

I need Everybody, Love Spent, Physical Attraction, Nothing Really Matters or The Power of Good-Bye and Impressive Instant! Candy Shop, Human Nature, Vogue and Masterpiece can fuck right off!! Oh, and please don't do TUTR on guitar!

:thumbsup:

The show features

Vogue, Like a Prayer, Human Nature, Candy Shop and Hung Up (all of them have been performed on S&S) This looks pretty happy go lucky to me...except for the Transgression section.

Drowned World, her darkest show... featured Holiday, Music, Ray Of Light, Human Nature, Beautiful Stranger, and La Isla Bonita. :lol: Obviously this doesn't matter on Madonna tours.

i don't think half of these rumours will be true. i HOPE some of them aren't!

best friend interlude- blah

turn up the radio on guitar- blah

another spanish theme- blah

masterpiece, candy shop, like a prayer again- blah blah blah

Overall, if the rumours at the top are true, it looks a strong, varied set list to. I agree that Confessions had a strong start and end but the middle is a blur to me. S&S was fine but didn't have a strong theme. It was more just a concert rather than her more themed shows.

And for TUTR, I think the guitar would work really well. It's got that strummy vibe that everyone could bounce up and down to and I would sooner she did this on the guitar than stand bored strumming a classic just to 'please the fans'.

Madonna Tour 2012 FB page has a report from Louis saying that the latest rehearsals include

- 'electronic' sounding Express Yourself

- acoustic Love Spent with Kalakan (middle eastern sounding) leading into

- original version of Frozen

- Some Girls, slower bpm and lower pitch

- Vogue like at SB but longer

- Open Your Heart with Kalakan.....tribal sounding

- I Don't Give A ....slower and rockish

Madonna Tour 2012 FB page has a report from Louis saying that the latest rehearsals include

Who's Louis?

Why doesn't this Louis ever record anything? I'm sure after the first time he visited the location that people asked him "why didn't you record anything?" and he would've gotten the hint. It would be great if she did change up that setlist a bit but I'm a little doubtful about it.

And thats what i like..ok maybe frozen could rest.

And TUTR on guitar? Well sure it is. Just like LS will be. Most of the songs on mdna are written for guitar.

Why doesn't this Louis ever record anything? I'm sure after the first time he visited the location that people asked him "why didn't you record anything?" and he would've gotten the hint. It would be great if she did change up that setlist a bit but I'm a little doubtful about it.

Well we know that there are real recordings, but you just need $$ to get a hold of them in madonnaland. not saying this "louis" is reliable though. i never heard of him before other than on that tour book fb page.

Posted by the MadonnaTribe admins in the Tribe forum:

CDs.jpg

That's

- 1 song from Like a Virgin

- 2 songs from True Blue

- 2 songs from Like a Prayer

- 1 song from I'm Breathless

- 1 song from The Immaculate Collection

- 1 song from Bedtime Stories

- 1 song from American Life

- 1 song from Confessions on a Dance Floor

- 1 song from Hard Candy

- 2 songs from Celebration

- 9 songs from MDNA (including 1 song from the W.E. soundtrack)

I'd say this is most likely the final setlist:

1. Girl Gone Wild

2. Revolver

3. Gang Bang

4. Papa Don't Preach

5. Hung Up

6. Best Friend (video interlude)

7. I Don't Give A

8. Express Yourself

9. Give Me All Your Luvin

10. Turn Up the Radio

11. Open Your Heart

12. Masterpiece

13. Justify My Love (video interlude)

14. Vogue

15. Candy Shop

16. Human Nature

17. Like a Virgin

18. Nobody Knows Me (video interlude)

19. I'm Addicted

20. I'm a Sinner

21. Like a Prayer

22. Celebration

EDIT: I've put in "Like a Virgin" in the list because it has been mentioned before. But technically, it could be any song from that album..

Edited by Msig

Guest groovyguy

Who's Louis?

A fan who lives near the Long Island's Nassau Coliseum where MDNA is being rehearsed.

This is what he posted on FB:

Louis Mariano

I HEAR FROZEN… LOVE SPENT… SOME GIRLS.. VOGUE… OPEN YOUR HEART… I DONT GIVE A FUCK.. N XPRESS URSELF

love spent spilled over into frozen

its [LS] the acoustic version with that middle eastern trio putting their strange vocals to it.. and some middle eastern sounding music as well

its very loud and you can hear it clearly… I'm surprised I'm the only faggotized madonna fan here… :-x

it [Vogue] sounded like the Super Bowl mix with pre-recorded vocals

some girls sounded like the album version with the bpm or pitch brought down… i don't give a sounded slower and rockish… open your heart sounded tribalish love spent was the acoustic version frozen sounded true to form.. vogue sounded like the Super Bowl mix but the whole song… and express yourself sounded electronic

thank you 2 a certain someone on here telling me that multiple people are saying I'm full of shit and that the songs that i heard aren't on the setlist I know what i heard mutha fuckahs!!… from now i'll keep what i hear in my head !!!