WTF Happened...? To all or any momentum...

agclef

now that she is in the states for three months - do u think she will take some time for interviews or appearances? build momentum for her single (which hasnt even been added to us radio!?!?)

now that she is in the states for three months - do u think she will take some time for interviews or appearances? build momentum for her single (which hasnt even been added to us radio!?!?)

That would be cool, but I am not going to hold my breath.

I actually think she will perform well into her 70's. I am not sure that it will take the shape of huge stadium tours, but performing of some nature is the central axis of Madonna's personality. It drives her purpose. Maybe she will do a concert residency in NYC or world tours in smaller venues?

If Tina Turner and Cher are doing it, you can bet Madonna will too.

She still owes Live Nation 2 more albums so she won't be retiring in 5 years. The next album will probably come in 2014-2015 and the third in 2017-2018. Both will likely have world tours attached to them. She will be active well into 2020.

I hope her next records will have an autumn release / with no rushing for summer tour once again

I agree.She should release the next album during an October or a November.She released COADF in late November 2005 and it worked out perfectly.She had plenty of time to promote it (the "traditional way") because the tour didn't kick off until June 2006.

She didn't promote MDNA because she didn't want to. I feel that she was pimping COADF everywhere because she wanted to prove that she could have a successful album again. Now she doesn't for whatever reason. And Hard Candy didn't flop as hard as American Life. It's not just sales. That album was very personal for her and everyone was making fun of it. No wonder she looked PISSED in every interview. :lol:

It's not Guy's fault, it's not W.E.'s fault, it's not Live Nation's fault. She's the one calling the shots.

i say - album next november - promote that bitch

and tour theatres (just to piss everyone off, lol, especially live nation) that way she dont have competition with everyone! including herself. just a simple FOR THE FANS type of tour

then come back and kill em all with the farewall! *SIGH*

She's never gonna stop, I'm sure she'll find her way to perform in her 60's...

Did'nt Marlene Dietrich perform at the age of 70 + ?! Madonna will not follow an ordinary path. Of course she's only human but I can totally imagine her touring 10 years from now and more...

And she can still makes great pop music, there will still be debate to know if it's age appropriate... :laugh:

Thinking again, I have to agree. She will never stop performing, she said this several times in her songs. She will never retire. For sure shes gonna change the way she does it, she could do performances like the Olympia one till she dies. And you can bet the bitch is gonna sell out every single club in the world. It would be lovely, she started in the clubs and would finish in the clubs. A wonderful cycle, like every journey. :inlove:

Thinking again, I have to agree. She will never stop performing, she said this several times in her songs. She will never retire. For sure shes gonna change the way she does it, she could do performances like the Olympia one till she dies. And you can bet the bitch is gonna sell out every single club in the world. It would be lovely, she started in the clubs and would finish in the clubs. A wonderful cycle, like every journey. :inlove:

love this. you guys made me think of it in a different but very natural way - though she could very well go into directing full time, it does seem that performance is where she is "free." So perhaps residencies or theater or musicals or something of the sort could be a great way to go for her - after one or two more tours.... [i just welled up thinking there may only be one or two more tours left!!!]

I'm sure she'll end up with a mic again SOMEWHERE or maybe throw an album or two into the world past her LN deal, but i really think her days of being the "Madonna" we know will come to an end sooner rather than later. I don't think she'll retire in Florda, playing gold all weekend, but i can't see her rubbing her tits and doing dance albums at age 70 either.

Folks, she needs to go away for a while, stop dabbling in gyms, perfume, clothing lines, movies that nobody is interested and hire some decent songwriters and comeback with an album that blows

the competition away. No more dance albums. Create something completely different with gorgeous melodies and lush hooks. She is more than capable of doing it.

I think she'll finish up her contract and be resistant to re-signing any type of contract, probably take time off, work on a film and then get bored and get the urge to release more music and do another small contract with another 2 tours...

Put that Greatest Hits Tour under her belt and call it a day!

Folks, she needs to go away for a while, stop dabbling in gyms, perfume, clothing lines, movies that nobody is interested and hire some decent songwriters and comeback with an album that blows

the competition away. No more dance albums. Create something completely different with gorgeous melodies and lush hooks. She is more than capable of doing it.

she went away for how many years before this era!??!?! shes not barbara striesand, lol...she is making herself a brand like EVERY ENTERTAINER OUT THERE, if she dont, then she is behind in the times, yadda yadda...album next year i say!...with everything else u said, lol

she went away for how many years before this era!??!?! shes not barbara striesand, lol...she is making herself a brand like EVERY ENTERTAINER OUT THERE, if she dont, then she is behind in the times, yadda yadda...album next year i say!...with everything else u said, lol

What I meant was she needs to go away and chill out. Stay out of the limelight for a while. Yes, we had a 4 year gap between HC and MDNA but she was still peoccupied with a movie, gyms etc. Its like the music is now a sideline. She needs to relax and then focus 100% on the music.

Folks, she needs to go away for a while, stop dabbling in gyms, perfume, clothing lines, movies that nobody is interested and hire some decent songwriters and comeback with an album that blows the competition away. No more dance albums. Create something completely different with gorgeous melodies and lush hooks. She is more than capable of doing it.

Instead of a dance album,I'd like for her to make a simple,straightforward pop album....recorded with a "pop" producer instead of a dance/electronica/DJ-type producer.I wanna hear more stuff like "Falling Free".

What I meant was she needs to go away and chill out. Stay out of the limelight for a while. Yes, we had a 4 year gap between HC and MDNA but she was still peoccupied with a movie, gyms etc. Its like the music is now a sideline. She needs to relax and then focus 100% on the music.

Not exactly relax, just focus on music and that's it. She spent time enough out of the limelight but yes concentrated on too many things to launch all at once. If she focus her creativity 100% on music i'm sure she will have better material and would make better decisions to market it.

The next album will probably come in 2014-2015 and the third in 2017-2018. Both will likely have world tours attached to them. She will be active well into 2020.

Yes! I can totally see the 2025 world tour with Grandma singing Like a Virgin like Nikki Harris joked on Truth or Dare! Love that emblematic part!

She doesn't neccesarily have to tour with every record. She could release material and just do a handful of shows in major cities or even none at all but still be giving her fans music...she doesn't HAVE to tour the world to continue her legacy of music.

I'm talking later in her career...

Guest Not4Pussies

who knows...she's madonna, we can always expect the unexpected

i mean when she was 40 she said she didn't see herself touring at 50

look at her now. let's not assume anything because this woman is always changing, evolving, breaking the mold and proving us all wrong.

I agree also. Is it two more tours ore just one by the way (?)

I read somewhere that Sticky and sweet was the first with Live nation

It was the first LN tour post 2007 contract

Her very first endeavour with them was 2001 DWT

If Leonard Cohen can pull it off, Madonna can too. Who know how will she reinvent herself in the future? Or how will concerts be in the future, maybe we watch them with a chip implanted in our heads and Madonna is performing with loads of airbrush.

Cher is 12 years older than madonna is and she still does touring/vegas. So hopefully we'll have many more years of madonna.

But what does Cher do really?She stands in the middle of a stage and lets Cirque Du Solil perform behind her. Not only that, she's singing 50 year old songs. Sure she's still doing stuff, but Madonna isn't really the "wear a feather hat and stand and mime" in Vegas sort of thing. I imagine if Madonna keeps touring she'll do it for as long as she's able to put on an actual show, not just being a part of a $40 million stage to do nothing on.