WTF Happened...? To all or any momentum...

agclef

Weird passive aggressive jab at Gaga aside, MDNA is great but it still feels like something Madonna could toss off in her sleep. I didn't say that Madonna HATES music or touring, just that it's one of her jobs now. No need to get all fired up about it.

Sooooo.....basically what your saying then is that MDNA is an uninspired album that Madonna could do without much effort. Nice.

Music and touring are her jobs yes, she is currently under a contract and obligated to perform those duties. However, wasn't it just "one of her jobs" when she was under her WB contract(s)?? She had as much obligation to do the work whether she felt like it or not with them as well.

Also your implication in that other thread that Gaga's show is somehow unique to Jamie King's "typical slick pop productions" is quite telling as well. Is that how it is? Anybody DARES say the SLIGHTEST little snide remark about LG and now MDNA is an album Madonna slept walked through while creating it and her shows are just your average, boring, run of the mill modern day pop productions? Mind you you said these things as a reaction of what could be perceived as "disses" people in this forum made toward LG. I think you need to not get fired up anytime anyone in the MADONNA FORUM doesn't think everything Gaga does is the next coming of Christ. Check the top of your page this isn't the Madonna AND Lady Gaga forum.

Sooooo.....basically what your saying then is that MDNA is an uninspired album that Madonna could do without much effort. Nice.

Music and touring are her jobs yes, she is currently under a contract and obligated to perform those duties. However, wasn't it just "one of her jobs" when she was under her WB contract(s)?? She had as much obligation to do the work whether she felt like it or not with them as well.

Also your implication in that other thread that Gaga's show is somehow unique to Jamie King's "typical slick pop productions" is quite telling as well. Is that how it is? Anybody DARES say the SLIGHTEST little snide remark about LG and now MDNA is an album Madonna slept walked through while creating it and her shows are just your average, boring, run of the mill modern day pop productions? Mind you you said these things as a reaction of what could be perceived as "disses" people in this forum made toward LG. I think you need to not get fired up anytime anyone in the MADONNA FORUM doesn't think everything Gaga does is the next coming of Christ. Check the top of your page this isn't the Madonna AND Lady Gaga forum.

:thumbsup:

When I said a typical Jamie King production I meant all the Madonna clone shows he's done for everyone from Celine Dion to the Spice Girls and not the Madonna shows which are more Madonna creations than Jamie King creations thankfully. I see all the RAGE is coming from LADY GAGA for you too :lmao::lmao: Maybe this IS the Madonna AND Lady Gaga forum, it's all everyone can talk about :wow:

I hate it when fans say that, especially after how great MDNA is

Kurt continue to remain in the honeymoon phase. Once the tour winds down and we speculate on where she might go musically—you'll listen to non-MDNA Madonna albums and see it for the hollow shell it is.

Kurt continue to remain in the honeymoon phase. Once the tour winds down and we speculate on where she might go musically—you'll listen to non-MDNA Madonna albums and see it for the hollow shell it is.

Oh please let's not. MDNA is a GREAT album, it's extremely enjoyable and Madonna's pop sensibilities are ON POINT.

i luv mdna and listen to some regularly but i agree... feels kinda shallow~

I have unique taste in Madonna everything not just music but I refuse to believe that after the excitement has died down and we can listen to MDNA with sober ears and no expectations—it doesn't pose a threat to any of her back catalog.

Guest bluejean

MDNA is great but it still feels like something Madonna could toss off in her sleep. I didn't say that Madonna HATES music or touring, just that it's one of her jobs now.

It's always been one of her jobs. Madonna has never tossed anything off in her sleep. That's Britney you're thinking of. (Although someone else with actual tossing ability probably tosses her off in her sleep for her.)

Guest bluejean

This isn't directed at you specifically but I find it interesting that as soon as the album has been declared a flop suddenly we are seeing more and more negative opinions about it pop up.

It's always been one of her jobs. Madonna has never tossed anything off in her sleep. That's Britney you're thinking of. (Although someone else with actual tossing ability probably tosses her off in her sleep for her.)

Oh give me a break with the cheap jabs, are you that desperate for some :clap: What I said, if it wasn't clear enough already ( :manson: ) was that Madonna is skilled enough that she can create catchy pop tunes in her sleep and while MDNA is EXTREMELY well made and enjoyable, it doesn't feel particularly passionate or ambitious to me as opposed to say directing which she was obviously burning for both when making and promoting the movie.

This isn't directed at you specifically but I find it interesting that as soon as the album has been declared a flop suddenly we are seeing more and more negative opinions about it pop up.

i think the initial excitement of new madonna music wore off

Guest bluejean

Oh give me a break with the cheap jabs, are you that desperate for some cheap :clap: What I said, if it wasn't clear enough already ( :manson: ) was that Madonna is skilled enough that she can create catchy pop tunes in her sleep and while MDNA is very enjoyable, it doesn't feel particularly passionate or ambitious to me as opposed to say directing which she was obviously burning for both when making and promoting the movie.

Well aside from the fact I was only TEASING you, I meant what I said. I don't believe Madonna tosses anything off in her sleep. I would even argue she was passionate about Hard Candy (although rather misguided in choice of producers.) Madonna loves making music and she loves touring. Making the film was clearly far more challenging and time consuming for her, but it doesn't mean she just farted out an album in 5 minutes with little regard for it. I think you can clearly hear that she put alot into that album.

And if you want to argue about promotion, she spent a fuck load of time preparing for the Superbowl, which comparatively is similar to the amount of work put into promoting W.E. Unfortunately it wasn't enough (for either) but you can't say the effort wasn't there.

Guest bluejean

i think the initial excitement of new madonna music wore off

Maybe. My theory is that alot of people only like something if it does well. The minute it "flops" they lose interest.

And Hard Candy was a threat? American Life? lulz

Actually even Confessions, her last universally acclaimed album doesn't pose a threat either. Yet its hailed as one of her tightest, coolest albums. What a ridiculous and snooty way to listen to music, constantly pitting against completely different projects from years if not decades ago. MDNA doesn't have to compete with anything, it is a stand alone piece of work. And how prestumptous to assume we're all going to be indifferent about this album in a years time. Speak for yourself. Sorry that you have questionable taste. Dont assume everyone else does too. :lol:

Well aside from the fact I was only TEASING you, I meant what I said. I don't believe Madonna tosses anything off in her sleep. I would even argue she was passionate about Hard Candy (although rather misguided in choice of producers.) Madonna loves making music and she loves touring. Making the film was clearly far more challenging and time consuming for her, but it doesn't mean she just farted out an album in 5 minutes with little regard for it. I think you can clearly hear that she put alot into that album.

And if you want to argue about promotion, she spent a fuck load of time preparing for the Superbowl, which comparatively is similar to the amount of work put into promoting W.E. Unfortunately it wasn't enough (for either) but you can't say the effort wasn't there.

Madonna never tosses anything in her sleep. She will always try to be the best that she can be at anything. If someone told her to pick up trash from the street she would be the best trash picker ever. I DID NOT say she did this album in her sleep. What I said is that even though I enjoy the album IMMENSELY and I do think she put her heart into it, she wasn't as passionate about it as she was about say American Life which is a vastly inferior album but which I think Madonna really really wanted to make.

PS I'm sorry I can't. I don't even remember how this started I made a throwaway comment in the last page and Kurt had one of his usual aneurysms and went on a rant and now I'm trying to split hairs and explain myself over the most miniscule details. MDNA is a really great album. I really believe that. There, everyone happy? Thanks

Guest bluejean

Madonna never tosses anything in her sleep. She will always try to be the best that she can be at anything. If someone told her to pick up trash from the street she would be the best trash picker ever. I DID NOT say she did this album in her sleep. What I said is that even though I enjoy the album IMMENSELY and I do think she put her heart into it, she wasn't as passionate about it as she was about say American Life which is a vastly inferior album but which I think Madonna really really wanted to make.

I'm not buying this idea she was more passionate about American Life. I think she was just in a difference head space when she did that album. Ray of Light would make a better argument, and if you want to bring that album into it I will agree she was far more inspired and keen to make an album then. And that's probably why its a better album.

I don't think you can compare the movie to an album though, its just such a different type of project.

Actually even Confessions, her last universally acclaimed album doesn't pose a threat either. Yet its hailed as one of her tightest, coolest albums. What a ridiculous and snooty way to listen to music, constantly pitting against completely different projects from years if not decades ago. MDNA doesn't have to compete with anything, it is a stand alone piece of work. And how prestumptous to assume we're all going to be indifferent about this album in a years time. Speak for yourself. Sorry that you have questionable taste. Dont assume everyone else does too. :lol:

:clap::clap::clap: Fuck my little hole!!

Guest bluejean

And how prestumptous to assume we're all going to be indifferent about this album in a years time. Speak for yourself. Sorry that you have questionable taste. Dont assume everyone else does too. :lol:

Exactly. I still enjoy Hard Candy just as I did when it 1st leaked. I've been listening to the live album lately getting pumped up for the NEW tour.

You love me so much. I swear I'm never attempting to bait you but you're always there waiting to catch me when I fall. I don't want to move to Florida...come to California instead. Pud and PBG are here as well.

Guest bluejean

Pud and PBG are here as well.

You could have a 5some with the straight guy with the machine guns in his bedroom

All these "FACT" 's are ridiculous people buy what they like and even if it were a 90 year star with a killer first single people would buy it. GMAYL was shit period. EVERYONE knows this aside from some on here.

People with these FACTS on here were saying the same thing about Madonna during American Life "face it guys Madonna is too old and it's all about touring so get used to it" then she came back with Confessions on a Dancefloor with a HUGE hit all around the world. Is Madonna old? YES. Is her days at radio done in the US not around the world? YES.

If her lead off single on MDNA had been great and with the promo it got it would have been huge globally and we wouldn't be talking about this we would be bitching that the second single is bombing at US radio. The only luck she has with US radio is if the lead single is hot if not forget about it. No matter who the artist if the song is great it will get exposure either in sales or airplay it will FIND AN AUDIENCE a la 'Hung Up' in the US. Madonna needs to be great now a days period.

It's about the quality of her music and this time around it was a TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE lead off single even hardcore fans hate it. That is a fact.

Guest bluejean

That's assuming Shakiguy's plan to remove himself from his life by introducing him to orgies and turning him into a raging whore worked :dramatic:

I'm going to go bump that thread for an update :D

All these "FACT" 's are ridiculous people buy what they like and even if it were a 90 year star with a killer first single people would buy it. GMAYL was shit period. EVERYONE knows this aside from some on here.

People with these FACTS on here were saying the same thing about Madonna during American Life "face it guys Madonna is too old and it's all about touring so get used to it" then she came back with Confessions on a Dancefloor with a HUGE hit all around the world. Is Madonna old? YES. Is her days at radio done in the US not around the world? YES.

If her lead off single on MDNA had been great and with the promo it got it would have been huge globally and we wouldn't be talking about this we would be bitching that the second single is bombing at US radio. The only luck she has with US radio is if the lead single is hot if not forget about it. No matter who the artist if the song is great it will get exposure either in sales or airplay it will FIND AN AUDIENCE a la 'Hung Up' in the US. Madonna needs to be great now a days period.

It's about the quality of her music and this time around it was a TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE lead off single even hardcore fans hate it. That is a fact.

Totally agreed. Most fans just need to come to terms with the fact that the lead single was a shit choice and not of the standard to be expected from an international star in the fourth decade of her career. So she gave us another turkey. Shit happens. Roll on with the tour and the next album.

You love me so much. I swear I'm never attempting to bait you but you're always there waiting to catch me when I fall. I don't want to move to Florida...come to California instead. Pud and PBG are here as well.

:lol:

I just hate it when you speak ill of this album. Your reasoning for it is caca. But I do love you.

Oh good gawd, I can't believe some are actually questioning her "passion" or she's lost interest in making music... WTF??? That's just utter bullshit. Whatever one may think of MDNA, it's obviously one's opinion. Like it or not, it isn't something she half-haphazardly put together without much thought. It's the same with any of her albums. That's just silly. I can't imagine any musician really doing that when they are putting together an album. Obviously, some albums aren't as great as others, but it certainly doesn't mean an artist has lost interest in the music because some fans don't find it to be their best work or because it's not generally accepted by the public. Also, no one spends more than three months rehearsing for a tour which features new music from their latest album, without having some passion or interest. Hell, she's planning to "slackline" while performing. Please, c'mon! "No interest in her music"??? Madonna is about to embark on one of her longest and most likely most expensive and most grossed tour to date. The fact she's taking this tour on the road for more than three months says a lot for her "interest" in her music. This is a woman who has said many times in the past, she quickly tires of performing her old songs. No doubt, it will be grueling for her to keep performing these songs night after night, knowing she's a perfectionist and gets easily bored after performing the same thing over and over.

Say what you want... believe what you want, but to actually think Madonna has "lost interest in making music" is just utter bullshit. Even with the lack of promotion, you can see all the effort and passion she's put in the songs and the videos and surely the tour. Good gawd, some of you are quite mental over this whole idea that she's lost her passion because she isn't out peddling her album on QVC, AMERICAN IDOL, or what not. Even with the lack of promotion, she's still been quite visible and active within the public eye. It may not be up to your standards of how an artist should promote, but people still know she's making music and touring. In the end, her commitments are to touring. And yes, TOURING IS THE ULTIMATE promotion, whether it sells anymore albums or not. TOURING is part of the whole music making process. Has been for years and years... an artist makes an album and then they go out on tour, performing songs from the album. It may not be like the old days where the albums benefit, but these days... especially for Madonna, it's the tour that generates the income.

Honestly, some of you need to quit making all these nonsensical assumptions and just enjoy the music. If an album has to be accepted by the general public or produce top 40 hits, to be a good album, then obviously you've not heard a good album because some of the best albums are not always the biggest selling albums or has produced huge hits.

Guest bluejean

Oh good gawd, I can't believe some are actually questioning her "passion" or she's lost interest in making music

No, me neither.

I can't imagine any musician really doing that when they are putting together an album.

I can. Especially people like Rihanna. You can just hear it.

No, me neither.

I can. Especially people like Rihanna. You can just hear it.

Or maybe you're just not a fan of her work. That's your opinion. And you're welcome to it. Hell, I don't even really listen to her. I have no interest to. Though, I don't believe she has no interest in making music or lacks passion for it. I'm not saying that artists don't have creative lows, but again that is subjective unless the artist admits to having those times. But this isn't about Rihanna and I'm not going to play the game of bashing other artists because I may not dig their style, music or sound. :thumbsdown: