WTF Happened...? To all or any momentum...

agclef

Well clearly our "feelings" were wrong. This is what happesn to legends, this is the direction they go in. end.

omg u need to grow up and deal with your own age related issues

no doubt the lead single was not to a lot of people's tastes and GGW was too gay for me, I never liked Kylie's music

but with such motherfuckin brilliant tracks as TUTR and I'm Addicted and Gang Bang.. how can u call yourself a fan and say shit like that at a time like this

who gives a right royal fuck about anything but the music.. that's what made me a fan

I'm Addicted is the first song that I have fallen in love with on the first listen in a very long time, it's like being on MDMA to hear it

Gang Bang is the best Madonna song of all time for me right now.. it takes everything to a whole new level and I know there will be lots more brilliant music like this to come in the future

If she had only kept her mouth shut and kissed up to Gaga's fans in that Cynthia McFadden interview.. things would be different.. those dirty little fuckin monsters.. bang bang.. but she was overworked at the time and wasn't thinking straight.. W/E release should NOT have been pushed back

But who the hell cares, I mean really.. there are more important things in life than pop culture, like Spirituality.. grow up

I love her so much right now

MDNA rocks!!

I swear allegiance to the Queen

and I love her more than Gaga does so fuck you all!!

After the GMAYL leak.. seriously.. they should have released the LMFAO remix version.. it's partyrock-tastic and just at least it would have the freshened up the whole situation, she was still in the studio at the time of the leak, there is just no excuse to not do something.. i wasn't expecting that

And fuck GGW.. seriously if u want to talk about WTF.. how could that ever be a better business decision that TUTR.. i mean come on motherfuckers.. WTF.. TUTR over GGW anyday.. it is a hit single waiting to happen!!!

seriously.. i should get a job at Interscope records.. that kind of fuckup is just unforgivable

You know I am right. :lol:

B-Day Song isn't as bad as Hey You, I will give you that, but it's equally as useless and undeserving of any attention.

...and her tone sounds awful.

The album is good, there are indeed some wonderful moments on there, Love spent, Tutr, Falling free, I'm a sinner and Beautiful killer, Gang bang. But other songs, to me, sounds a bit dated and too much euro cheese.

But I think her focus wasn't, as much as earlier albums, on the music this time, she mainly focused on her movie. And I think she has a really strong desire of becoming a great director, which perhaps she can in the future.

With her other albums there has been such a worked out theme which she could market her albums around. This time there was the Super bowl and then nothing. But I'm sure she's not unaware of this, it's just a new way of handling her music business.

I'm really excited for her tour. She showed with the Super bowl that she has no plans of letting her showmanship to rest. That, at least, is reassuring.

I just can't see why her promo schedule in 2005/2008 wouldn't work in 2012. It's a choice they've made. It has nothing to do with her age.

I agree with this. Hung Up was used for a Motorola ad and telephone companies. The song was bombastic (as any first single should be), it was presented in the MTV awards with a bombastic performance and had a good video. She performed in programs like Idol (France) and some more, had a mini tour that made fans happy and even was in Japan with that mini tour (press still fall for those things. Have Madonna in your country and they go bonkers).

What's different now? NOTHING, except that Madonna focused on the tour. She was "old" back then as much as she's now. And youngsters didn't mind that she was older than their mothers, they enjoyed the song in Europe as if it was the hit of the century.

This time Madonna decided to follow another kind of promotion and it blew up on her face. Maybe next time she tries again harder.

I don't believe Madonna couldn't clear out ONE WEEK to do promo. It was obviously a conscious decision and I kind of respect her for putting the music out there and not caring about the charts and stuff. I can understand her not being interested to play that game anymore.

You're right. To be fair, i'm surprised at her stamina to fight and try harder all these years. I would have given up everything after the Virgin Tour and would have retired to build a farm (my dream).

But if she wants to be relevant, and i have a feeling that this woman needs that as if it were a drug, then she will have to try harder next time. Once again, they did it VERY GOOD with COADF, it was simply perfect:

1. Madonna falls from horse. People talk about it. They even say that she can't film the video.

2. Madonna poses with the sling.

3. Madonna stars in that Motorola ad. In countries like Spain there's an ad for a telephone company that focus on how great Madonna is and how many memories we all share with her.

4. Madonna releases one of her biggest hits.

5. Talks, performs, and is everywhere

And she had one of her most important albums. END.

I agree with this. Hung Up was used for a Motorola ad and telephone companies. The song was bombastic (as any first single should be), it was presented in the MTV awards with a bombastic performance and had a good video. She performed in programs like Idol (France) and some more, had a mini tour that made fans happy and even was in Japan with that mini tour (press still fall for those things. Have Madonna in your country and they go bonkers).

What's different now? NOTHING, except that Madonna focused on the tour. She was "old" back then as much as she's now. And youngsters didn't mind that she was older than their mothers, they enjoyed the song in Europe as if it was the hit of the century.

This time Madonna decided to follow another kind of promotion and it blew up on her face. Maybe next time she tries again harder.

Truth

I'm sorry, but some of you guys really need to move on from this idea that each time she releases an album it's going to be the next ROL in terms of her "coming back" and having some sort of massive surge in her popularity amongst the general public. The only thing that is going to help Madonna get to the level of popularity she once had is a time machine. She's accepted that, you guys need to as well. If that is something that is required for you to enjoy her or if you just can't take the fact that the general public won't get to "evidence her brilliance" at the level they once did, then you should move on.

Those of you trying to label MDNA as immature don't have a clue, she has made a perfectly well balanced and "age appropriate" pop album. Some of you are just grasping for straws to try to find reasons WHY the general public just isn't interested. If you really think about it without "loon blinders" on, it's obvious she's been on a commercial decline since her "resurgence" with ROL was over. Had ROL not happened what we are experiencing now, probably would've happened 10 years ago. When you add in the fact that the music industry itself is on it's death bed and her age (and some of you who deny that has a factor REALLY need to get a clue), it's simply unreasonable to have the expectations some of you have for her commercially. Can't you all see?? As time progresses here, things are starting to come full circle. She started off with a small, hardcore fan base and she will end with a smaller (in comparison to her peak...obviously more than the very early days) but very devoted fan base. The casual fans may not be as interested in her new work, but she will continue to have their interest in her as a live performer for a while it seems.

That's an aspect that some of you take for granted. While your bitching that GGW hasn't reached the top 10 and isn't getting played and that MDNA is plummeting down the charts you are completely ignoring that people outside of "us" (the diehards) are willing to shell out $400 to see this woman perform live at 53 years old.....WITHOUT even knowing much about her "current" music (by current I mean anything from this MILLENNIUM practically). That's pretty fucking powerful and while it's very popular around here to make fun because with her it's "all about THE TOUR...she doesn't care about promo"....well, THE TOUR is a main factor in what has been keeping her brand so incredibly powerful for nearly the last decade now. While 4M was massive, we have JT to thank partially for that....while HU is a classic Madonna song, it didn't really catch on in America....the last time she was at her absolute "peak level" worldwide commercially was with the song Music. That's now been 12 years ago. The decline has been happening since then. She's smart in focusing on where she is wanted which is on THE STAGE.

I can't speak for other countries but here in the UK the combination of a weak lead single, virtually no airplay and no promo

basically killed the album.

She's not going to be as popular as the young girls. And I don't think that's a bad thing. I can't see any of these girls becoming a touring force like M, Rolling Stones, AC/DC, Bon Jovi and U2. She's one of a kind. It only happens for rock acts. Pop music will always be disposable. I can't see any other pop act doing what she does 30 years later.

the last time she was at her absolute "peak level" worldwide commercially was with the song Music. That's now been 12 years ago.

I believe that she can still do that. Music is a killer timeless song perfect of its time. On the other hand Hung Up came to the scene when dance music wasn't very popular in the US but it was a fire hit everywhere and eventually became a Madonna classic.

Madonna just needs to focus more on her music career for that, but we all know that her interests are not only in music anymore as she is clearly going for new challenges in her movie carrer and now has a big family to care for. In the end it's all about her choices in life.

You're right. To be fair, i'm surprised at her stamina to fight and try harder all these years. I would have given up everything after the Virgin Tour and would have retired to build a farm (my dream).

But if she wants to be relevant, and i have a feeling that this woman needs that as if it were a drug, then she will have to try harder next time. Once again, they did it VERY GOOD with COADF, it was simply perfect:

1. Madonna falls from horse. People talk about it. They even say that she can't film the video.

3. Madonna stars in that Motorola ad. In countries like Spain there's an ad for a telephone company that focus on how great Madonna is and how many memories we all share with her.

Oh how I missed those days. Hung Up with Hologram of Gorillaz. :inlove::dramatic:

It will not work for her next time, so please don't try it again on her.

and...she doesn´t tour in spain!!! :lmao:

I'm sorry, but some of you guys really need to move on from this idea that each time she releases an album it's going to be the next ROL in terms of her "coming back" and having some sort of massive surge in her popularity amongst the general public. The only thing that is going to help Madonna get to the level of popularity she once had is a time machine. She's accepted that, you guys need to as well. If that is something that is required for you to enjoy her or if you just can't take the fact that the general public won't get to "evidence her brilliance" at the level they once did, then you should move on.

Those of you trying to label MDNA as immature don't have a clue, she has made a perfectly well balanced and "age appropriate" pop album. Some of you are just grasping for straws to try to find reasons WHY the general public just isn't interested. If you really think about it without "loon blinders" on, it's obvious she's been on a commercial decline since her "resurgence" with ROL was over. Had ROL not happened what we are experiencing now, probably would've happened 10 years ago. When you add in the fact that the music industry itself is on it's death bed and her age (and some of you who deny that has a factor REALLY need to get a clue), it's simply unreasonable to have the expectations some of you have for her commercially. Can't you all see?? As time progresses here, things are starting to come full circle. She started off with a small, hardcore fan base and she will end with a smaller (in comparison to her peak...obviously more than the very early days) but very devoted fan base. The casual fans may not be as interested in her new work, but she will continue to have their interest in her as a live performer for a while it seems.

That's an aspect that some of you take for granted. While your bitching that GGW hasn't reached the top 10 and isn't getting played and that MDNA is plummeting down the charts you are completely ignoring that people outside of "us" (the diehards) are willing to shell out $400 to see this woman perform live at 53 years old.....WITHOUT even knowing much about her "current" music (by current I mean anything from this MILLENNIUM practically). That's pretty fucking powerful and while it's very popular around here to make fun because with her it's "all about THE TOUR...she doesn't care about promo"....well, THE TOUR is a main factor in what has been keeping her brand so incredibly powerful for nearly the last decade now. While 4M was massive, we have JT to thank partially for that....while HU is a classic Madonna song, it didn't really catch on in America....the last time she was at her absolute "peak level" worldwide commercially was with the song Music. That's now been 12 years ago. The decline has been happening since then. She's smart in focusing on where she is wanted which is on THE STAGE.

Damn!!!! Thank gawd, someone here gets it. Thank you. :clap: I couldn't have said it any better myself. Though, if I did. I'd get blasted for writing an "essay". :lmao:

And it's a wise thing to focus on what makes her happy.

Yes. I'm sure she is happy with that decision. A single mother with 4 children to care and a possible director career in the works she could have easily retired from music, but she did not! Thank God for that!

Well she is under contract so she couldn't retire from music now if she wanted to.

True. She had that option in 2007 though.

Well she is under contract so she couldn't retire from music now if she wanted to. It does feel that music is not a priority for her now but just another thing on a checklist of things to do.

I hate it when fans say that, especially after how great MDNA is, obviously there is still a strong passion there. Isn't touring considered part of her music career?? She's been stuffed up in a rehearsal studio for like 3 months now or something yet music isn't a priority?? PROMOTION of the album isn't a priority but it's quite obvious music/performing is still very important to her. Didn't she even say recently that performing live is still her favorite of all her "jobs"?

If the 31st rolls around and the stage looks a cheap mess and the themes seem like a hodge podge of ideas thrown together with no real cohesion and she's running around the stage aimlessly, hollering and screaming like a banshee THEN we may want to be concerned. Madonna seems to like to stand out from the rest though and it seems like the market for the aforementioned type of show has already been covered. SO....I don't think we have anything to worry about. ;)

Guest bluejean

Plus she works with the best people and knows a good idea from a shit one.

I am hopeful this tour is going to be her best since Drowned World.

Weird passive aggressive jab at Gaga aside, MDNA is great but it still feels like something Madonna could toss off in her sleep. I didn't say that Madonna HATES music or touring, just that it's one of her jobs now. No need to get all fired up about it.

Sexism makes her a target for society, but that's because society thinks she can handle it. She's always being discussed by media, she's so relevant, and that's fantastic and new for a 53 years old megastar. She's leading the way once again...

You're all being too dramatic. We have been told that MDNA has a lot to give with the tour and the next singles to be released, it still can sell throughout the year and luckily enough she's one hit away from topping the charts (especially with TUTR)in some countries (obviously not in the US). We can still wait a couple of months before starting hitting this kind of (no) promotion.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

omg u need to grow up and deal with your own age related issues

no doubt the lead single was not to a lot of people's tastes and GGW was too gay for me, I never liked Kylie's music

but with such motherfuckin brilliant tracks as TUTR and I'm Addicted and Gang Bang.. how can u call yourself a fan and say shit like that at a time like this

who gives a right royal fuck about anything but the music.. that's what made me a fan

omg that's disgusting

i can't believe i am quoting it

but i think you've gone mental

u need help

i've lost all respect

where is the love?

I'm Addicted is the first song that I have fallen in love with on the first listen in a very long time, it's like being on MDMA to hear it

Gang Bang is the best Madonna song of all time for me right now.. it takes everything to a whole new level and I know there will be lots more brilliant music like this to come in the future

If she had only kept her mouth shut and kissed up to Gaga's fans in that Cynthia McFadden interview.. things would be different.. those dirty little fuckin monsters.. bang bang.. but she was overworked at the time and wasn't thinking straight.. W/E release should NOT have been pushed back

But who the hell cares, I mean really.. there are more important things in life than pop culture, like Spirituality.. grow up

I love her so much right now

MDNA rocks!!

I swear allegiance to the Queen

and I love her more than Gaga does so fuck you all!!

oprah.gif

oprah.gif

Now What the FUCK was that all about :manson:

Did he have PMS / Menstrual cramps or what ?

The problem is that she stopped behaving like Madonna years ago when she started to become too cautious and interested in the opinions of her detractors and critics. She was at the cutting edge of her game around the album release of 'Music' and since then something has faded. I wish her and her team would stop playing it so safe by releasing the singles they believe to be the most radio-friendly. She should just say 'fuck it' and release a controversial song like Gang Bang with a kick-ass video - people prefer the brazen Madonna, not the Madonna who has compromised herself more and more over time.

Also, she has lost touch a bit...whether that's just age or not is debatable...I mean, as much as I love GMAYL it was an awful choice for a lead single. MDNA is a fantastic album but it's not daring or provocative enough...it's like she has dipped her toe in the waters of controversy but she doesn't want to go the whole mile...it just isn't cohesive enough to work as a concept album.

I agree. She's been obsessed with being radio friendly and its taken all the creativity away from her singles. It's just frustrating because the content is there and yet she picks the songs that least represent the album. This era reminds me a lot of American Life: great album, terrible first single, album falling fast on the charts, no radio airplay, etc. It's a shame because the Super Bowl was the best thing ever in terms of promotion and it was completely wasted!