WTF Happened...? To all or any momentum...

agclef

She's old, no one cares as much. That's it. It happens to them ALL if you can stick around long enough. She's a touring legend act from now on like all the other greats that are still around, The Stones, Bowie, Prince ect ect.

This is IT from now on. Accept it and get over it and you'll all be able to enjoy her eras much more.

There you had to go and tell the truth. Madonna always felt like the exception to the rule.

MDNA may not be to your taste but I don't think you'll get anything more inspired than that. I do wonder now that she's done her divorce album what on Earth will she have to write about next? I can't see her treading the old "fame is a burden" path yet again. She's really said it all on this album.

If Madonna has nothing to talk about she can certainly find a better batch of producers that'll push her sound beyond you know the basic formats.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

There you had to go and tell the truth. Madonna always felt like the exception to the rule.

Well clearly our "feelings" were wrong. This is what happesn to legends, this is the direction they go in. end.

Well clearly our "feelings" were wrong. This is what happens to legends, this is the direction they go in. End.

I hope you have no ambitions on becoming a father or school teacher.

She's old, no one cares as much. That's it. It happens to them ALL if you can stick around long enough. She's a touring legend act from now on like all the other greats that are still around, The Stones, Bowie, Prince ect ect.

This is IT from now on. Accept it and get over it and you'll all be able to enjoy her eras much more.

I just can't see why her promo schedule in 2005/2008 wouldn't work in 2012. It's a choice they've made. It has nothing to do with her age.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

I hope you have no ambitions on becoming a father or school teacher.

No interest in either of those paths.

I just can't see why her promo schedule in 2005/2008 wouldn't work in 2012. It's a choice they've made. It has nothing to do with her age.

If you say so :lol:

No amount of smiling on Ellen or posing sexy on Rolling Stone is going to shift singles/albums. Everyone knows she has an album out, if they want it, they'll buy it. Clearly whoever wanted it bought it withint the first couple weeks and that is that.

I guess it's pointless really, this is pretty much the same discussion fans will be having for the next few eras. Glad i've let go of what she was doing 7 years ago since from here on end it's gonna be a free fall.

LOL... Momentum is going strong for me. Love the album. Can't wait for the massive tour. Some just need to let go of the silly idea that she needs to go on TV, have hit singles, be played on top 40 radio, and sell a kazillion albums anymore. None of that will change the fact I love the album and look forward to seeing her put on a extravagant show of 20 plus songs versus one performance here and there that isn't going to do shit for a song that isn't selling or charting. The album is already the 4th best selling album of 2012. Those before her with the exception of ADELE aren't really that far ahead of her in sales. It's so strange to see some fans so fixated over her sales, charts and lack of promotion when she's about to embark on a huge ass tour that will put to shame any silly interview or promo stint on any TV SHOW.

it is a great album with poor planning and poor lead single. they shouldn't have tried some new strategies with this album. I'm sure the tour will be oh so great, but i don't think it will help the album sale a bit.

Guest Not4Pussies

i love the album, although i wish it was more cohesive and the actual tracklisting was different, but hey that's what iTunes is for.

we gotta accept where Madonna is now. it could be a lot worse!

im still extremely excited for the tour and i just hope we get one more decent music video.

The funny thing about the 'younger generation' is that the ones I come across at least mostly say they like 'early Madonna' from back when they

weren't even born :confused:

Yeah she's considered hip as shit. :wow: It isn't even retro or "the '80s are back" with her, anyone my age would look @ Desperately Seeking Susan or any picture of her from especially the '80s + think she just oozes cool + sex.

The only thing that should matter to us from now on is whether we like the album and tours or not. We all as a fanbase have to grow out of this Stan Wars thing. Look at the people who get involved with that stuff, the average age of them is like 17 years old. Watching the charts is a cool hobby, I get it, but it's just not gonna be 1998 again, I'm sorry. She is exactly what CUBB said, a diety like Jagger or Bono - an untouchable woman who broke boundaries and did things NO ONE ELSE will do. She is not a CHARTS ACT.

I am sometimes embarrassed at how people get so genuinely disappointed and worked up when Madonna doesn't follow the career tricks and strategies of women less than half her age who make disposable, stupid music. It's almost like an insult to Madonna :lol: DONT YOU LOVE HER FOR MORE THAN THAT?

What disappointed me this era, if anything at all, was the fact that we didn't really have any pre-album fodder other than the Super Bowl to feast on, and no interviews to listen to her talk at length about the music and other artistic ventures. Yeah, the floppage sucked, but what can you do, the wrong single was picked. That was the mistake. But no worries as I am sure it will be rectified a little next time around, if for the sake of selling her tour better.

But we have to grow out of this crap. Why should we expect her to market herself the way Rihanna does. Madonna is the QUEEN OF FUCKING POP. She is not a BARBIE DOLL.

END.

The only thing that should matter to us from now on is whether we like the album and tours or not. We all as a fanbase have to grow out of this Stan Wars thing. Look at the people who get involved with that stuff, the average age of them is like 17 years old. Watching the charts is a cool hobby, I get it, but it's just not gonna be 1998 again, I'm sorry. She is exactly what CUBB said, a diety like Jagger or Bono - an untouchable woman who broke boundaries and did things NO ONE ELSE will do. She is not a CHARTS ACT.

I am sometimes embarrassed at how people get so genuinely disappointed and worked up when Madonna doesn't follow the career tricks and strategies of women less than half her age who make disposable, stupid music. It's almost like an insult to Madonna :lol: DONT YOU LOVE HER FOR MORE THAN THAT?

What disappointed me this era, if anything at all, was the fact that we didn't really have any pre-album fodder other than the Super Bowl to feast on, and no interviews to listen to her talk at length about the music and other artistic ventures. Yeah, the floppage sucked, but what can you do, the wrong single was picked. That was the mistake. But no worries as I am sure it will be rectified a little next time around, if for the sake of selling her tour better.

But we have to grow out of this crap. Why should we expect her to market herself the way Rihanna does. Madonna is the QUEEN OF FUCKING POP. She is not a BARBIE DOLL.

END.

Miguel, I appreciate what you are saying but that's not really what my post was about (unless if you were replying to the other replies). I have been there from the very beginning and have loved every incarnation, even when she fell out of favor in the 90's---my biggest thing, as I've said numerous times is it is ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC for me not charts or other meaningless forms of popularity, I want good-music. I love this new album, but I can do without M's pandering to the kids, which is what she has been doing since HC. She's so much better than that!!!

My thing was that I couldn't understand the lack of interest for the new music at this point, but yes she is a legend and on an entirely different level than everyone else so really who cares, right?!

1. Wrong single release

2. Confusing single release

3. Hardly any TV advert

4. UMG seems like doesn't wanna spend money on physical format

5. Too much time for the movie, too little time for the album

Lack of interest from who? Her fans care and the general public can't care if they've barely been exposed to the music.

Just in general Mo, if I'm not playing it, I never hear it or of it from any other area. Certainly not radio and no one I even know bought it - just surprises me, that's all since, I thought, the Superbowl was an incredible display of classic and current M all in one, looking incredibly beautiful and doing what she does best--she did have that great exposure to the world that day.

Guest groovyguy

What I dont understand is that Madonna said on the Daybreak interview that she doesnt want to do much promo because she wants to spend time with her kids and concentrate on the tour, yet she did sooooooo much promo for W.E. My sister that isnt really into Madonna thought that MDNA was the W.E soundtrack. That is how clueless the general public are to her new music. Outside the fanbase there is NO buzz that she has a new album out! Many thought that GMAYL was just a promo single for the Superbowl. There is literally NOTHING out there to promote this album. Also, they physically do not need Madonna to do the promo, tv adverts, launches, promotion other madonna related stuff more i.e. fragrance, truth or dare dvd blu ray release, showing previous tours on TV. I just dont understand any of it LOL!

She could do the WE promo cos' she wasn't doing the tour rehearsal then.

I'm a Hard Candy inductee so while MDNA is all kinds of awesome, I want to experience an era where she's really shining in the spotlight. I think the general public should appreciate her doing this at her age. Alas, they are sheep.

I believe she can still have that if she will really try to. Maybe in the next couple of years?

1. Wrong single release

2. Confusing single release

3. Hardly any TV advert

4. UMG seems like doesn't wanna spend money on physical format

5. Too much time for the movie, too little time for the album

Check check check check check.

It's a woulda coulda shoulda situation. Most of her focus is on the tour and the movie. Actually she should have released Masterpiece the day after she got the GG.

Again the album is great, but it needs more exposure.

In the UK, in a way, there's not much the Madonna camp could do. A lot of it comes down to Radio 1 and 2 not playing GMAYL and now GGW. You need that latent exposure and their figures are enormous. However, Radio 1 have removed Madonna from their playlist now like many older artists. GGW has not made it to Radio 2 playlist but it's not due for release until 14th so we'll see but it is doubtful as it's the wrong song for the UK.

But yes, it feels like it was a quick flash and it was gone in three shorts bursts: Superbowl/GMAYL video release / Album release / GGW video. The tour will mean one day's worth of press reviews for a concert and it will be over by July here :(

They struggled to bother with a third single and video for HC. I can't imagine them getting a fourth single from MDNA given the current performance.

Miguel, I appreciate what you are saying but that's not really what my post was about (unless if you were replying to the other replies). I have been there from the very beginning and have loved every incarnation, even when she fell out of favor in the 90's---my biggest thing, as I've said numerous times is it is ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC for me not charts or other meaningless forms of popularity, I want good-music. I love this new album, but I can do without M's pandering to the kids, which is what she has been doing since HC. She's so much better than that!!!

My thing was that I couldn't understand the lack of interest for the new music at this point, but yes she is a legend and on an entirely different level than everyone else so really who cares, right?!

No aggie it was in response to some of the other overall sentiments.

As GSM said... She has no momentum because she pretty much vanished after the Super Bowl. And I think we're due for a more mature musical direction too, but MDNA has a good mix of everything and is much better than HC so personally I'm satisfied for now. It really is excellent. She will mix it up for the next album, no worries.

As GSM said... She has no momentum because she pretty much vanished after the Super Bowl. And I think we're due for a more mature musical direction too, but MDNA has a good mix of everything and is much better than HC so personally I'm satisfied for now. It really is excellent. She will mix it up for the next album, no worries.

Which translates to more adults willing to buy the album.

Which translates to more adults willing to buy the album.

They'll only buy it if she starts wearing big gowns and singing ballads (or country songs) and I'm not sure Madonna is interested in doing that. It's not as simple as we all would like to think.

They'll only buy it if she starts wearing big gowns and singing ballads (or country songs) and I'm not sure Madonna is interested in doing that. It's not as simple as we all would like to think.

Substance is a big deal for people who are older. They want more nuanced production and subject matter. That doesn't mean Madonna has to be boring. She's done just that on Erotica. Although I'm bored with ROL these days most people still refer to it as musical mature high point for Madonna.

I agree, we are definitely due a change in the direction of her music. On three of her last four albums she has collaborated with dj's. Its time to drop them and

do something completely different. But like you say its not as easy as we think it is.