WTF Happened...? To all or any momentum...

agclef

I don't mean to be a 'Debbie Downer' but I feel really bad that MDNA fell off the way that it did and I feel the only people that care about M now are her di-hard M fans. I had a really good feeling right after the buzz of the Superbowl, but keep asking myself, WTF? And, what happened? This, to me, is an incredibly SOLID album, with great vocals, great Orchestrations and production yet it seems any momentum never ever builds up any steam, it dissipates rather quickly...

What do you guys think...? Is it me or do others feel this way.

I think we've established that the shit SINGLES killed all the buzz.

+

She really is her age as a pop star now.

I predict her having another big album when she says goodbye 2 the DJ's.

She's David Bowie after Tin Machine. And thank God she never had a Tin Machine phase :fag:.

I think it's because we're so use to seeing Madonna's face on magazine covers and promoting her new albums through performances on tv and promo shows and we don't really have any of that this time. I do believe once the tour kicks off and we watch performances of songs from MDNA the momentum will return.

The young generation does NOT give a F*CK about Madge *FACT*

Only older segment of general public(mostly ppl who grew up with her) and her die-hard fanbase are still willing to pay her MEGA expensive ticks for the shows and that's it *FACT*

Just be happy that she is still releasing good music and touring and forget about charts, radio play and the young music fans who are into Riri, Gaga, Katy, etc.

The funny thing about the 'younger generation' is that the ones I come across at least mostly say they like 'early Madonna' from back when they

weren't even born :confused:

I feel you, agclef.

1) the 1st single was shit. Non-fans didn't like it. FANS didn't like it. The November leak of GMAYL could have been a good opportunity to make things right. Fans hated disliked it back then but of course, Guy O, & Co. were too busy finding and catching the guy who leaked it to realize that. I mean WHO FUCKING CARES? New, unreleased music leaks everyday weeks before the official release. And guess what, her music can still be successfully downloaded illegally over the internet. I don't know the whole story, maybe I'm missing something but I find it quite strange that the only track that leaked was the 1st single. No other track on the album has leaked. [LuckyGuy] Maybe the whole thing was done on purpose [/LuckyGuy].

So seeing that the song got a negative reception from fans (not positive as Guy O. stated) they could have done something (release another 1st single, rework the song) but NO.

OH WELL WHAT CAN YOU DO :dazed:

Oh, and I'm also disappointed by the way she used the other 2 artists (mainly M.I.A., Nicki not so much). I DIED when I heard she would work with them. I was so happy. Then I heard the leak :manson: I really expected a super cheeky, bad-ass song. It should have been the SONG OF LIFE (I mean Madonna + M.I.A. + Nicki Minaj? you can't really get better than that, as far as I'm concerned).

2) the album should have been released the day after the SuperBowl. I think it would have had MASSIVE sales. And I don't get why they didn't. And it's not just about the sales, but the publicity and her being back in full force (I mean HELLO?? the most watched moment in American television history? the positive next day reviews? again, you can't get better than that). I'm sure the album was finished by that date and she knew almost 3 months before that she would perform there. Why waste this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity? :dazed: After that she wouldn't even had to do any other kind of promotion.

The saddest and most frustrating part about this whole thing is that the album is SO INCREDIBLY GOOD!!! :rant:

zwgn86.gif

The funny thing about the 'younger generation' is that the ones I come across at least mostly say they like 'early Madonna' from back when they

weren't even born :confused:

Yeah, I love when they say that, they haven't a clue.

I feel you, agclef.

1) the 1st single was shit. Non-fans didn't like it. FANS didn't like it. The November leak of GMAYL could have been a good opportunity to make things right. Fans hated disliked it back then but of course, Guy O, & Co. were too busy finding and catching the guy who leaked it to realize that. I mean WHO FUCKING CARES? New, unreleased music leaks everyday weeks before the official release. And guess what, her music can still be successfully downloaded illegally over the internet. I don't know the whole story, maybe I'm missing something but I find it quite strange that the only track that leaked was the 1st single. No other track on the album has leaked. [LuckyGuy] Maybe the whole thing was done on purpose [/LuckyGuy].

So seeing that the song got a negative reception from fans (not positive as Guy O. stated) they could have done something (release another 1st single, rework the song) but NO.

Oh, and I'm also disappointed by the way she used the other 2 artists (mainly M.I.A., Nicki not so much). I DIED when I heard she would work with them. I was so happy. Then I heard the leak :manson: I really expected a super cheeky, bad-ass song. It should have been the SONG OF LIFE (I mean Madonna + M.I.A. + Nicki Minaj? you can't really get better than that, as far as I'm concerned).

2) the album should have been released the day after the SuperBowl. I think it would have had MASSIVE sales. And I don't get why they didn't. And it's not just about the sales, but the publicity and her being back in full force (I mean HELLO?? the most watched moment in American television history? the positive next day reviews? again, you can't get better than that). I'm sure the album was finished by that date and she knew almost 3 months before that she would perform there. Why waste this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity? :dazed: After that she wouldn't even had to do any other kind of promotion.

The saddest and most frustrating part about this whole thing is that the album is SO INCREDIBLY GOOD!!! :rant:

zwgn86.gif

EXACTLY!!!

I feel you, agclef.

I agree with all of this. I do think Nicki Minaj on "I Don't Give A" is a good use of her talents, however it wasn't the first single so oh well. MIA's talent is absolutely wasted on this record.

In some ways, I am glad GMAYL flopped as hard as it did. Maybe Madonna needs a wake-up call. There is the possibility she is bored with the pop star game and simply doesn't care as much if her music is accepted or not. If that's the case, I wish she'd just make an experimental record with Joe Henry and say FUCK IT to commercial success.

Guest Fukujima

it's funny when you people say that youngsters don't like MAdonna...have you ever been to a Madonna's concert in Italy, Spain, France, Brazil, Argentina etc etc???? in these countries a HUGE part of her fanbase is young ( 19/26yo) and not old, honestly why some of you generalize so much is beyond me.

Just because in the US she doesn't appeal to teenagers she's to be considered as an act for older people EVERYWHERE ELSE??

There is the possibility she is bored with the pop star game and simply doesn't care as much if her music is accepted or not. If that's the case, I wish she'd just make an experimental record with Joe Henry and say FUCK IT to commercial success.

goes to unzip your pants

it's funny when you people say that youngsters don't like MAdonna...have you ever been to a Madonna's concert in Italy, Spain, France, Brazil, Argentina etc etc???? in these countries a HUGE part of her fanbase is young ( 19/26yo) and not old, honestly why some of you generalize so much is beyond me.

Just because in the US she doesn't appeal to teenagers she's to be considered as an act for older people EVERYWHERE ELSE??

The rest of the world is less ageist than America—especially when it comes to entertainers.

Guest Fukujima

The rest of the world is less ageist than America—especially when it comes to entertainers.

sometimes i wonder how can a US fan react if she/he just had the chance to see any of her last tours in Europe/South America...the number of young fans is amazing...when i went to see Confessions in Rome i was overwhelmed by all the young girls that were there with Madonna's name written on their faces or wearing M's t-shirts

The problem is that she stopped behaving like Madonna years ago when she started to become too cautious and interested in the opinions of her detractors and critics. She was at the cutting edge of her game around the album release of 'Music' and since then something has faded. I wish her and her team would stop playing it so safe by releasing the singles they believe to be the most radio-friendly. She should just say 'fuck it' and release a controversial song like Gang Bang with a kick-ass video - people prefer the brazen Madonna, not the Madonna who has compromised herself more and more over time.

Also, she has lost touch a bit...whether that's just age or not is debatable...I mean, as much as I love GMAYL it was an awful choice for a lead single. MDNA is a fantastic album but it's not daring or provocative enough...it's like she has dipped her toe in the waters of controversy but she doesn't want to go the whole mile...it just isn't cohesive enough to work as a concept album.

Guest bluejean

I'm too busy anticipating the tour to notice any "momentum dying." Although I 2nd what Acko said, she seems to finally have become a David Bowie or Prince type now and I am okay with that. Apart from the fact that their albums have been repeatedly shit while MDNA and even Hard Candy are good. Hopefully she keeps the quality up in the future regardless of commercial success.

sometimes i wonder how can a US fan react if she/he just had the chance to see any of her last tours in Europe/South America...the number of young fans is amazing...when i went to see Confessions in Rome i was overwhelmed by all the young girls that were there with Madonna's name written on their faces or wearing M's t-shirts

I have no point of reference for culturally why the young elsewhere are appreciative of established performers. I'm sure from a certain vantage point Madonna is what Tina, Cher, and Chaka Khan were to me in the 80's.

I'm too busy anticipating the tour to notice any "momentum dying." Although I 2nd what Acko said, she seems to finally have become a David Bowie or Prince type now and I am okay with that. Apart from the fact that their albums have been repeatedly shit while MDNA and even Hard Candy are good. Hopefully she keeps the quality up in the future regardless of commercial success.

I have to say this I want better than MDNA quality and I don't think that's asking a great deal.

Guest bluejean

I have to say this I want better than MDNA quality and I don't think that's asking a great deal.

MDNA may not be to your taste but I don't think you'll get anything more inspired than that. I do wonder now that she's done her divorce album what on Earth will she have to write about next? I can't see her treading the old "fame is a burden" path yet again. She's really said it all on this album.

I've been 2 many of her concerts all over Europe and when there's GA or a comparative ticket rate the crowd tends 2 b younger.

The Majority of her fanbase consists of 30 something women & fags age 25-40...I've slept outside with these people while queueing. Her fans r not teens. Although they might come 2 her gigs cuz she is Madonna. But let's b serious, Madonna's key demographic is not current youth culture.

I don't see how the momentum could have kept going with nothing going on.

Inclined to agree with this.

I've been 2 many of her concerts all over Europe and when there's GA or a comparative ticket rate the crowd tends 2 b younger.

The Majority of her fanbase consists of 30 something women & fags age 25-40...I've slept outside with these people while queueing. Her fans r not teens. Although they might come 2 her gigs cuz she is Madonna. But let's b serious, Madonna's key demographic is not current youth culture.

Ive seen a lot of young fans, gay-straight-groups of young & hot girls-groups of young & hot gays.. in.. MADRID. Bulgaria had a lot of young people as well.. South America too of course, but thats hardly a surprise ;) Paris & other places seem to be mostly around their mid 20s-till 40s. Male & gay especially. Im in touch with a LOT of young M fans (all girls) online, they're under 18 and will see M in group at many places.

NL & BE have the ugliest & most emberassing female fans for SS. those 30-40+ something women who go see her out of nostalgia reasons. I hate those :lmao:

The problem is that she stopped behaving like Madonna years ago when she started to become too cautious and interested in the opinions of her detractors and critics. She was at the cutting edge of her game around the album release of 'Music' and since then something has faded. I wish her and her team would stop playing it so safe by releasing the singles they believe to be the most radio-friendly. She should just say 'fuck it' and release a controversial song like Gang Bang with a kick-ass video - people prefer the brazen Madonna, not the Madonna who has compromised herself more and more over time.

Also, she has lost touch a bit...whether that's just age or not is debatable...I mean, as much as I love GMAYL it was an awful choice for a lead single. MDNA is a fantastic album but it's not daring or provocative enough...it's like she has dipped her toe in the waters of controversy but she doesn't want to go the whole mile...it just isn't cohesive enough to work as a concept album.

+1

NL & BE ha the ugliest & most emberassing female fans for SS. those 30-40+ something women who go see her out of nostalgia reasons. I hate those :lmao:

:lmao: I thought S&S had a nice mix though...it was a weird crowd in every respect. Italy is cool, but Bercy Is really Burning :wow:

:lmao: I thought S&S had a nice mix though...it was a weird crowd in every respect. Italy is cool, but Bercy Is really Burning :wow:

I remember when I took the thalys to paris in bru-midi to paris there were two hot 20-something gays singing "Rainbow High" from Evita PLUS a dance routine when they came off the escalator. :lmao: I love those younger gays of her.

However..

when the italians come to bercy its always a bitchfest though :lol:

Guest Not4Pussies

madonna gained a lot of younger fans with the release of HC.

i know a handful of people who became madonna fans because of HC and they're in their early 20's.

it does suck MDNA does not have the attention it deserves because it is a really good album.

but oh well. it is what it is.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

She's old, no one cares as much. That's it. It happens to them ALL if you can stick around long enough. She's a touring legend act from now on like all the other greats that are still around, The Stones, Bowie, Prince ect ect.

This is IT from now on. Accept it and get over it and you'll all be able to enjoy her eras much more.