What is the one song that could save MDNA?

The Power of Madonna Fans  

116 members have voted

1. 1. What is the one song that could save MDNA? (3rd single)

• Gang Bang
    • I'm Addicted
    • Turn up the Radio
    • Some Girls
    • Superstar
    • I don't give a
    • I'm a Sinner
    • Love Spent
    • Masterpiece
    • Falling Free
    • Beautiful Killer
    • I F'ed up
    • B'day Song
    • Best Friend

I don't think any song can save MDNA. I truly think the songs that had the most potential to get play were GMAYL, GGW and TUTR. The rest of it just a little too far from center to get played on pop radio. There's a good argument that TUTR would've been a better first single, but personally I'm still very skeptical that it would've done any better. With that said, at this point I think they should go the other way and just do a "Bedtime Story"/"Human Nature" type thing. Those were two of the most UNfriendly radio tracks on BS and they didn't do much for album sales or airplay but somehow over the years they've become little mini-classics...if not for the general public (although MANY remember the HN vid) then for Madonna's hardcore fanbase. I say go that way and release Gang Bang with a killer video that will get some attention and please the fans and maybe I'm Addicted with yet ANOTHER killer video. I see dark vibes for both videos of those songs. Maybe she could at least get some "indie cred". :lol:

As far as radio embracing a song with the general public catching on and in turn sending MDNA back up the charts....well, I just don't think that's gonna happen. In my eyes MDNA is a perfect pop album, one of the best released in the genre in the last 5 or so years but it's simply not an album for radio. Considering what's played on radio these days, I'm not sure if that's really a bad thing at this point. If you notice the two most radio friendly tracks (GMAYL and GGW) are the two that the fans seem to like the least.

As much as I do love LOVE SPENT, I also thoroughly enjoy Beautiful Killer. With that said, I really feel bad that MDNA fell off the way that it did and I feel the only people that care about M now are di-hard M fans. I had a really good feeling right after the buzz of the Superbowl, but keep asking myself, WTF? And, what happened. I feel like any momentum never ever builds up any steam, it dissipates rather quickly...

Maybe these thoughts should go on another topic...?

Gang Bang for me. Could be a club classic along with an amazing video. I think it best represents how she is perceived - a strong, assertive woman. GMAYL and GGW give off the wrong message of an older woman tryinig to be young. GBis woman who has lived and loved and wants to right some wrongs.

Just because fans have been hearing the buzz and loving/hating Turn Up The Radio for over two months (since we first started getting reviews) doesn't mean that the general public will turn its back on it.

I say release it and make it good...

And then, as others have said here and elsewhere, sell one or two more songs that are offbeat but that with time might be appreciate---particularly Love Spent and Gang Bang.

I'd be super proud if all these were singles. It would be a nice "MDNA package" for me in years to come, as I look back.

Of course, Beautiful Killer to me should've been a single and in the standard version. But I can't imagine her doing a video for it. She's very... erm... goal oriented ;)

I agree with Kurt. I don't think any song at this point will help the album become more successful. The two singles released first were the most radio friendly... especially GGW. I've said this upon first hearing it... "if radio doesn't play this song, then it proves they are ageists". GGW is exactly the type of song radio is playing. If any other younger big name female chick released it as a single, it would have been huge. And the thing is, I don't think there is a lot of dislike for GGW for those who aren't as big as fans, so I'm pretty sure if radio just played the damn song like the five songs they rotate every half hour, it would be huge.

I also agree that at this point, I don't think it matters what single they release. If any song does have any chance of getting radio airplay it would be "Turn Up The Radio". Though, with the radio not playing Madonna, I don't see this song fairing any better, nor do I think it would have been more successful or mattered if it was released as a first single.

I do think that releasing anything would have to be a visionary deal where a VIDEO is involved. To maximized the most exposure or attention, it has to be something 'in your face' and possibly controversial. Do I think Madonna will spend anymore money on such a video? Nope... maybe "Gang Bang" since she's been pining for Quentin to direct it. Her focus is on the tour and should be since that's where the money is made.

I've learned long ago, Madonna's a business woman first. She does what makes her the most money. Since she no longer has radio or MTV backing her like back in the early days, she no longer can attract the same attention she used to with the new media forms. Therefore, touring is where she's still her strongest. When fans finally accept this, the more appreciative they will of the music, rather focusing where she's charting and how much she's selling.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

Nothing.

Some of you really need to like....wake up :lol: sorry but it's TIME WARP central around here.

Nothing.

Some of you really need to like....wake up :lol: sorry but it's TIME WARP central around here.

AMEN

It's a bit amusing but also depressing how some of these 37-year-old fags still think that it's 1986 :rotfl::(

I vote TURN UP THE RADIO! It's radio-friendly! She will be A-listed on UK radio and it will go to UK Number 3 and the album will jump back into the UK Top 10 and sell 800,000 copies over the summer! :lmao:

Like I said before, who the fuck cares about sales? That ship has sailed. She needs to stop thinking about the charts and whatnot for a quick second and release Gang Bang. Do something amazing. Blow us away.

or the BIDET song

Na na na na

Na na na na na na na na

SING MY SONG TONIGHT

:lmao:

I think the chance for more radio play in America is probably done except if one of the songs really takes off in the rest of the world. For europe I think TUTR has a shot at becoming a hit but I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't work either.

Hey we got an awesome album anyway so who gives a ...

said that i agree, this album doesn't need to be saved and however it's late (and said that i can't understand the love for GGW, the song), if something can for a miracle put mdna on the public, not fan, interest...well they are LS and IDGA and maybe IMA, even more than turn up the radio. and this if they don't fuck up with the releases....