Na na na na.. na na na na... na na na na na na na na RUMORE, RUMORE...

scrapple

Guest jamesshot

UGH, I hope it's not TUTR, not one of my favorites :(

She should do LOVE SPENT!! :fag: or GANG BANG :dramatic:

YES! Love Spent or Gang Bang are the only 2 singles that, at this point, can save the CD. They are captivating in different ways. TUTR? Just, no. Great filler but as a single it is boooring and would do nothing to garner interest in MDNA.

YES! Love Spent or Gang Bang are the only 2 singles that, at this point, can save the CD. They are captivating in different ways. TUTR? Just, no. Great filler but as a single it is boooring and would do nothing to garner interest in MDNA.

I guess you are right :|

Guest jamesshot

I guess you are right :|

I don't want to be right. I just don't see TUTR getting anyone really interested. It is a great album track but for the next single, it is too generic to get attention. The next single needs to be one of the tracks that could really have a chance to stand out. IMO those 2 tracks are either LS or GB. Why wouldn't she want to release one of those gems instead? What does she have to lose?

I think in a non ageist world TUTR would be the perfect next choice. Whilst GB might garner some interest in terms of shock value, it would be short lived and may in fact get negative attention (i.e. Madonna is a try hard blah, blah). My sister heard it and said 'turn it off, this is dumb'....and she is commercial radio through and through. As for LS, this, IMO, is not radio friendly either. It's nice, but no hit off the back of two failed singles.

So if there will be a second single, I say TUTR. If there's a video, simple, driving in a car, having fun. No drama or controversy...no reason to get people bent out of shape and hate on the song itself.

I would love Some Girls because it sounds fresh and edgy....but she would likely cop shit for this too. Bitch can't win in a world where the string pullers are fixed on destroying her.

Love Spent would be a WONDERFUL single, it's super radio friendly. I'm not a big fan of TUTR :nocomment: it's a nice track I guess, but it really doesn't do anything for me.

Like two of her best albums, ROL and COADF I just don't think MDNA is a "singles" type of an album. These are perfect pop songs but nothing particularly radio friendly. For lack of a better term, most of these songs are too "weird" in one way or another to be mainstream hits. The only ones that had potential have been released already. While far from the best song on the album, GMAYL really is the most obvious single on MDNA to me.

I'm probably in the minority here but I don't think TUTR as the lead single would've fared much better. I prefer TUTR to something like 4M but unlike 4M it just doesn't scream LEAD SINGLE to me at all. I just don't see radio eating up the "moth to a flame" part and in general the song is lyrically like an 80's Madonna song and again for lack of a better term I think at least for US radio it would be a bit to "cheesy" and frothy to get lots of airplay.

Release I'm A Sinner or Falling Free. Both beautifuly sung and strikingly different to what radio is playing.

Someone on the icon boards:

Guy Oseary isn't as good as you think. He's responsible for much of the alienation after confessions. Her divorce has put her through hell and she had to rely too much on him to keep going..He has TOO much influence on her and His poor choices of singles and personal financial agenda is reflected in his typical Corporate discomfort for taking risks which is exactly what M is loved for. I know for fact that he convinced her not to take risks with songs like Gang Bang and I'm addicted as singles which she was rooting for and even for the whole album direction which was going to be totally edgier and different. I have friends who worked on the initial project and one day it will be clear that this guy ( like ritchie) was not good news..

Still The tour will be a great I'm sure.

Someone on the icon boards:

If it's real, I hope the semi failure of mdna will open madonna's eyes, and cost him his job as a manager. He can go back to produce twilight number 8

I don't think she should play safe at this point. She did with GMAYL and GGW and it didn't work. Those songs are more formulated for a commercial value but they simply didn't connect with the public.

She should release Gang Bang with a killer Tarantino video that would would go viral in the Internet!

She has always been the queen of the controversy and i can't see why playing safe at this point would do her any favour.

It's time for her to be MADONNA!

I don't think she should play safe at this point. She did with GMAYL and GGW and it didn't work. Those songs are more formulated for a commercial value but they simply didn't connect with the public.

She should release Gang Bang with a killer Tarantino video that would would go viral in the Internet!

She has always been the queen of the controversy and i can't see why playing safe at this point would do her any favour.

It's time for her to be MADONNA!

I don't buy any of this internet obessession. That's what she did, Twitter and Facebook. And it didnt make any difference on the album success. She already tried a different kind of promo, focusing on internet and viral and mouth to mouth. It didn't work out.

It doesn't work for anybody. People say about Gaga, Katy and Rihanna. But that's bullshit. They are in tv every day singing and dancing, not talking about motherhood. Look at Adele! She doesn't have a twitter! Internet is overrated.

If it's real, I hope the semi failure of mdna will open madonna's eyes, and cost him his job as a manager. He can go back to produce twilight number 8

Let's hope so.

I believe she won't fire him anytime soon. I guess she got too used to him.

I read/heard somewhere that she knows him for 20 years. Is that true?

I don't buy any of this internet obessession. That's what she did, Twitter and Facebook. And it didnt make any difference on the album success. She already tried a different kind of promo, focusing on internet and viral and mouth to mouth. It didn't work out.

It doesn't work for anybody. People say about Gaga, Katy and Rihanna. But that's bullshit. They are in tv every day singing and dancing, not talking about motherhood. Look at Adele! She doesn't have a twitter! Internet is overrated.

Sorry but a twitter chat with fans and facebook posts with a few pics of the rehearsals wouldnt make the difference! A viral video with a hyped director for a hyped song is an entirely different thing! The video would spread like fire much like it happened with GMAYL, but the difference is that GMAYL wasn't a very good song and Gang Bang is! People were curious about Madonna and searched the video, sadly that song wasn't good enough to keep the momentum, but Gang Bang is surely a great song that with the right video would do the trick!

I've been saying this all along. Social media is completely overrated. Gaga has twenty million twitter followers but failed to get a No.1 in the UK? Same with Bieber.

GGW and GMAYL are great videos but both have stalled. Viral videos will only go so far. People may watch it once or twice out of curiosity but clearly a hot video doesn't work. GGW has not received any airplay and has a censored video but that's not had this supposed viral effect.

You need a captive audience - people who wouldn't normally watch or listen to your product having it shoved in their faces which is what radio and tv is. The internet is too selective. I've hardly seen any videos for several years because I can pick and choose what I see.

It's funny that people like Gaga have gazillions of "friends" on Facebook, followers on Twitter and a gazillion more YouTube views of her videos but look at the amount of albums people are purchasing from her vs those numbers. It's actually a very small percentage.

It's just amazing to me that someone like Katy Perry has all those number ones off of Teenage Dream yet she has "only" sold just over 2 million in the US. Just 12 or 13 years ago that album would've been Diamond status. I'm not sure there is any real guaranteed recipe for a successful album these days.

Madonna needs to re-release MDNA and call it ADELE. I think that's the only way she'll shift albums. :lol:

Some fans simply refuse to understand that GMAYL and GGW weren't good enough to catch. Simply as that. :doh:

You really think that if she came out with Hung Up now it would be a big hit?

Mmmm...

Girl Gone Wild is a great song, and it would've been a hit had Rihanna sung it. I can see how GGW is no Ray of Light or Vogue, but how is Hung Up so superior to Girl Gone Wild? Yet Hung Up was a big hit. How is the mediocre 4 Minutes superior to Girl Gone Wild? Yet 4 Minutes was a huge hit.

GGW is a very good,very commercial,radio-friendly track.There is no reason why radio stations should ignore it.Like many have pointed out,if it had been recorded by Rihanna,it would be Number One right now.

Some fans simply refuse to understand that GMAYL and GGW weren't good enough to catch. Simply as that. :doh:

I get that they weren't strong singles but the overall flop of both singles despite great videos is beyond what anyone would expect. If they had put in a proper release schedule and serviced the remixes to clubs beforehand to build exposure, followed up with a release to both iTunes and physical at the same time along with the video, I'm pretty sure they would have performed better.

And Hung Up is superior to GGW. GGW production is over ten years out of date. Cheap Europop. Yes, Rihanna or Jessie J could have got it into the charts but it's the wrong song for a strong, mature woman to be singing. Gang Bang suits the public perception of her far better.

Mmmm...

Girl Gone Wild is a great song, and it would've been a hit had Rihanna sung it. I can see how GGW is no Ray of Light or Vogue, but how is Hung Up so superior to Girl Gone Wild? Yet Hung Up was a big hit. How is the mediocre 4 Minutes superior to Girl Gone Wild? Yet 4 Minutes was a huge hit.

Oh please stop it right here! This is embarrassing :manson:

Mmmm...

well it's the consequence of any songs that released after GMAYL. IMO, GGW is not quite there yet, they shoulda released something else.

well it's the consequence of any songs that released after GMAYL. IMO, GGW is not quite there yet, they shoulda released something else.

But if things were so linear, Rihanna would've have had a hit with Rude Boy after Hard, or Britney wouldn't have had a hit with I Wanna Go/Till The World Ends after Hold It Against Me, etc. There is something else at play here, or a host of other elements.

Oh please stop it right here! This is embarrassing :manson:

What's embarrassing? I'm just testing assumptions, that's all. Are you here to debate and discuss with other fans or to just explain your point-of-view and brush others off? If you're in disagreement, let's hear your thoughts.