Na na na na.. na na na na... na na na na na na na na RUMORE, RUMORE...

scrapple

Rumor: Madonna is set to open the billboard awards with a performance of girl gone wild and they are going to give her a special award for her record of 42 number one singles in the dance club play charts!

Billboard Awards - May 20 in Las Vegas

MDNA Tour Opening Night - May 29 Tel Aviv

True :lol: but still a fan can dream. Maybe if she did GGW might actually appear on the Hot 100.

...unless its via satellite a special dress rehearsal performance.

nah, too good to be true.

Why would it have to be "via satellite"? Not that I am saying she's doing this at all, but it's quite possible that she can pull it off. She would have been rehearsing that performance for tour for a couple of months by then. There is no reason why she couldn't pull off a watered down version of it. Being 9 days from her first show wouldn't mean anything since she wouldn't be in that part of the world until two days later if she's planning to be there in a week in advance.

Though, I'd think by May 20th, she might as well roll out a performance for a THIRD SINGLE.

Oh yes PLEASE . I hope it will be Gang Bang/GGW !

I hope the performs the Third single for a boost.

yeah, there is no point in trying to promote GGW if it's already on the decline in airplay, not like it is much help...

the 3rd single should be the target of this opening performance if it holds true...

But will there be a third single?

Guy did Tweet a week or so back that a third single was being planned, but didn't necessarily act like he knew which song it would be, yet hinted "Turn Up the Radio" was a good choice when a fan tweeted about it.

This would be a GREAT way to promote THE TOUR. Which is why I think this might be true and i'm about to pee my pants.

It would be such a winner.

With that said, it doesn't matter whether she performs the 2nd or 3rd single. What matters is what's most visually arresting.

But I dream of her doing both (shortened: Girl Gone Wild + Turn Up The Radio.

GGW won't be a lost cause at all by then. It's the digital era and a rush of people buying that song on itunes right after the performance would be great. In the U.S. it has been barely promoted so why not! All promotion is good promotion.

Fantastic rumour I hope it's true!

In the meantime, to entice the rumour Gods to push this rumour into truth, this is what I'm doing at home:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61zXKspRqDI

Oohh.

I bet Madonna has seen this. She got her Sorry look from this vid.

that would be great!! and of course she can do it! she´s madonna, she can pay the tickets from Tel aviv to the US, and it´s the Billboards awards! they will pay for everything!

and, of course, she deserves the recognition!

Really the best thing would be a mini-MDNA-medley type perf to promote the album rather than a particular single, so I suggest:

Turn up the Radio INTRO VIDEO going into Girl Gone Wild PERF

After 1st chorus, "turn up the radio... radio.. radio.. radio..." (video)

light goes down, volume turns up on radio (video projection) but then it starts playing ACT OF CONTRITION with footage from GGW video...

and then...

* SILENCE / DARKNESS *

And then

It's so HYPNOTIC.....

:wow: