Should Madonna fire Guy Oseary as manager?

Apples388

The Power of Goodbye  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Good night and thank you, Guy O?

• Yes! MDNA promotion is the final straw.
    • No! He's doing a great job.
    • Not sure.

Guest boytoyville

She does need someone else involved with her management with fresh ideas. By the way, does anybody actually know why she fired Careese? Has she only had Freddy, Caresse, and Guy?

I don't think Guy should be fired,but the two of them need to realize that *non-traditional* promotion doesn't work.Unless they go back to the traditional ways of promoting,future albums will fade away just as quickly as MDNA is.

I don't think it's about something as narrow as 'oh he should have arranged three more television appearances'. I think the Madonna name is being mismanaged. Greedily milking the touring cow, endless trotting out of progressively cheaper products like MADONNA SHOES and not nearly enough attention to re-establishing her as a central force in the music world. I thought this era would be all about reaffirming her dominance and trying to make her bigger than ever, instead everything after the Superbowl has gone by like a wet fart.

I don't think it's about something as narrow as 'oh he should have arranged three more television appearances'. I think the Madonna name is being mismanaged. Greedily milking the touring cow, endless trotting out of progressively cheaper products like MADONNA SHOES and not nearly enough attention to re-establishing her as a central force in the music world. I thought this era would be all about reaffirming her dominance and trying to make her bigger than ever, instead everything after the Superbowl has gone by like a wet fart.

very well said :clap:

He cheapens the brand Madonna

Should Madonna and Guy fire some of her fans?

IDK, but they should have fired the idea that GMAYL should be recorded should be included on MDNA should be released as 1st single.

Just imagine if she had performed I'm Addicted @ the SuperBowl instead. :wow::wow:

I don't think Guy should be fired,but the two of them need to realize that *non-traditional* promotion doesn't work.Unless they go back to the traditional ways of promoting,future albums will fade away just as quickly as MDNA is.

They seriously need to think through their stratergy for the next album.

Gone are the days when Madonna could release a single or album and it would sell on the back of her name alone.

If she wants a hit single or album she is really going to have work at it and do traditional promo.

And if she wants to be seen as relevant she is going to have to come up with a single like Frozen or Hung Up with worldwide appeal

to keep the public interested in her. Rhyming L-U-V you wanna with Madonna is simply not good enough.

N-O we dont wanna!

The seriously need to think through their stratergy for the next album.

Gone are the days when Madonna could release a single or album and it would sell on the back of her name alone.

If she wants a hit single or album she is really going to have work at it and do traditional promo.

And if she wants to be seen as relevant she is going to have to come up with a single like Frozen or Hung Up with worldwide appeal

to keep the public interested in her. Rhyming L-U-V you wanna with Madonna is simply not good enough.

N-O we dont wanna!

I agree.It's frustrating to see a brilliant album like MDNA fade away so quickly,while Lionel Richie (!!) outsells her.Makes no sense.

Next time around,hopefully things will be better.At the very least,she and Guy need to pick a release date that won't interfere with tour rehearsals.The week before the album comes out and the week of its release are VERY important.That's when Madonna needs to be everywhere,promoting it aggressively on TV shows like 'Ellen','Good Morning America','Nightline','The View',etc.I think they relied too heavily on the SuperBowl,assuming that a 12-minute performance on national TV (in February) would be enough.

I agree.It's frustrating to see a brilliant album like MDNA fade away so quickly,while Lionel Richie (!!) outsells her.Makes no sense.

Next time around,hopefully things will be better.At the very least,she and Guy need to pick a release date that won't interfere with tour rehearsals.The week before the album comes out and the week of its release are VERY important.That's when Madonna needs to be everywhere,promoting it aggressively on TV shows like 'Ellen','Good Morning America','Nightline','The View',etc.I think they relied too heavily on the SuperBowl,assuming that a 12-minute performance on national TV (in February) would be enough.

As good as the Superbowl was she only perfomed part of GMAYL so she hasn't really showcased the song like she did with HU, Frozen or Music.

For those songs she had a look attached to the performance. That's what's missing from this era an image and a big performance of the lead single that the public can warm to.

I think they got caught off guard and thought the song would sell because people had been starved of new Madonna music for 4 years.

I agree next time she needs to do Ellen, GMA etc. as well as a couple of big performances in Europe. She needs to be everywhere.

or, as Guy keeps saying it's all about the bloody tour, release the album at the same time as the tour or just before. This massive period between has just lead to a lot of negative headlines although I expect they assumed the two singles would be filling the gap, not tanking.

This. :thumbsup:

or, as Guy keeps saying it's all about the bloody tour, release the album at the same time as the tour or just before. This massive period between has just lead to a lot of negative headlines although I expect they assumed the two singles would be filling the gap, not tanking.

He said that we must wait and talk to him in a year from now :horn:

BRAFUCKINGVO !

When MDNA was on the horizon I thought this era would be Madonna:World Re-Domination but so far not so good !

During the Confessions era, Angela was the main manager. She used to be Caresse's assistant. She left in early 2007 and Guy Oseary took over.

Angela was also producer on the CT.

it all cuz of that livenation contract.. :thumbsdown:

U2 and jay z also have that contract, don't they? they seem to be doing alright.

ideally she should have released the album the day after the Super Bowl. OR a week before that. that would have been huge.

At this stage of her career Madonna is just for the fans, she's not going to attract many new fans, that being said her existing fanbase is HUGE.

Why put resources into finding a new market for her music when you already have a captive audience.

I swear to God some of you are like MJ fans, so concerned with public perception and your fav remaining on top.

Just enjoy the music, that's what she made the album for, and leave the business stuff to the professionals. ;)

In my gut I think he should be as 'his' priorities seem to be totally derailing her music career. Seems hes has her under his thumb/manipulated and is just in a freestyling mode and is big influence on her saying F music and just focus on touring. Just reeks from that. Thing is- shes known him for around 20 yrs and seems to adore him. Hes a very smooth/suave, cocky, smart guy which keeps Madonna hooked. Physically, hes also her type which prob. ads a little something to it (maybe more lol). 20 yrs later their dynamic seems to be stronger than ever. Its just "we" all know hes prob. the main reason all her priorities are in the wrong places. Madonna for all we know could be wanting to explore all these innovative, new musicals styles, sounds etc..like shes legendary for. So, I refuse to believe its all Madonnas fault or 'lazy actions' dictating why her last few albums and lackluster promotion have basically been duplicates after years of raising the bar and pumping out worldwide hit singles.

BRAFUCKINGVO !

When MDNA was on the horizon I thought this era would be Madonna:World Re-Domination but so far not so good !

Me too :/. Aside from the leaked GMAYL demo, which I truly believed was a leaked demo, a blip, and bypassed it, there was this ROL esque pre buildup/ hype. Everything was feeling perfect and that it was her time to come roaring back in an epic way. The foundation was totally there. Over the lastt 30 yrs, when shes had a lackluster album or two, shes always showed up stronger and better and the world embraced it. The MDNa album name, cover, superbowl etc..everything was getting hotter and hotter then..then GMAYL :( dropped and ended up being the final version lol. Since then, I find myself back in 2003 MATM/English Roses/GAP commercial hell LOL.