"Non-traditional" promo ideas! Let's help out Guy O.

Apples388

Get a free copy of MDNA every time you purchase a gram of MDMA @ the street corners. It's raw. It's cutting edge. It's ballsy.

Guest jamesshot

Get a free copy of MDNA every time you purchase a gram of MDMA @ the street corners. It's raw. It's cutting edge. It's ballsy.

I like! Or include some Molly with every purchase of MDNA. It's raw. It's cutting edge. It's ballsy. It's illegal! :)

Guest jamesshot

On the next Celebrity Aprentice...

Both teams must create an EFFECTIVE promo campaign for Madonna's newest album, MDNA.

That is too much, it would only make Guy O's head hurt...

Guest Fluorine

Partner with General Mills and make a copy of "MDNA" the featured cereal prize for the next six months. Better yet, go after P&G and put them in all the boxes of laundry soap. They might be a little slimy/gritty (depending on whether you go with liquid or powder soap), but they'll be an unexpected surprise!

Another idea:

Throw in a copy of MDNA with every shoe purchase from the Material Girl ALDO collection! As long as there is a redemption code of course. I'm sure the shoes will be above $50 anyway, so just factor in $5 for the album and that's it. Can you imagine the sales assistants?

uhhhmmm... would you like a copy of Madonna's brand new Number 1 album with your faux-leather thigh high boots, maaaa'am? :wow:

:wow:

"And you can't get this shoes at the ALDO" - Nicki Minaj's verse in I Don't Give A

Irony? :dramatic:

Declare this tour as the farewell Tour, Cher did it gazillion times

Cher is desperate to sell tickets to her shows. Hence the "farewell" title. Plus her shows suck balls.

Madonna is Beyond that level.

HER ALBUM WAS #1 People!!!!!!!!!!! And its in the top 10 still. Who cares about the drop. after so many years in the industry, having a number one album is envy-worthy.

The Celebrity Apprentice would be an EXCELLENT idea. :inlove:

In all seriousness though, I think the best NON TRADITIONAL PROMO technique would be to feature Girl Gone Wild on multiple episodes of a very high rated US tv series. I don't know if ya'll rememba, but Hung Up was featured on CSI a few nights back in 2005, and that caused hte song to BLOW UP here in the states.

Tie it in to the storyline of an ep would create a hit for Marge, spiking some sales for our LADI. Pero I dont know about worldwide. Really the best thing for her right now is to get a hit. She needs one so badly.

^ Yep I think she did that with Ugly Betty too. I remember there was an entire episode full of Confessions songs on the background. The Devil Wears Prada prominently had Jump too. Nothing like that this time around, except that obscure placement of GGW in that wrestling show watched by Probed.

The Celebrity Apprentice would be an EXCELLENT idea. :inlove:

In all seriousness though, I think the best NON TRADITIONAL PROMO technique would be to feature Girl Gone Wild on multiple episodes of a very high rated US tv series. I don't know if ya'll rememba, but Hung Up was featured on CSI a few nights back in 2005, and that caused hte song to BLOW UP here in the states.

Tie it in to the storyline of an ep would create a hit for Marge, spiking some sales for our LADI. Pero I dont know about worldwide. Really the best thing for her right now is to get a hit. She needs one so badly.

Fantastique idea... I have these ideas -

THE GOOD WIFE: - Alicia Florrick gets down and dirty (again) with Will Gardner :wow:

GOSSIP GIRL: - just the usual Upper East Side party thing with all the pretty people

RINGER: - when Siobhan and Bridget finally meet up again

REVENGE: - Queen Victoria Grayson cuts some rug on the dance floor when Daniel is exonerated

REVENGE (again): - Amanda Clarke (Fauxmanda) stripping away in a seedy joint to show us she's still around

GREY's ANATOMY: Meredith and Christina "dance it out" after the Boards

DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES: series grand finale - big massive lesbian orgy with all the housewives fucking and sucking each other's tits!

Watch it go to BB Number 1 trust!!

:lmao: at some of these. Someone who's on twitter should really post these -@GuyO #mdnapromo #nontraditional etc. It could become a thing! :D

My contribution:

Every purchaser of MDNA gets an actual sample of M's DNA!! Deluxe edition comes with some hair clippings -standard edition she spits on the liner booklet. #trailblazer

Guest bluejean

:lmao: at some of these. Someone who's on twitter should really post these -@GuyO #mdnapromo #nontraditional etc. It could become a thing! :D

My contribution:

Every purchaser of MDNA gets an actual sample of M's DNA!! Deluxe edition comes with some hair clippings -standard edition she spits on the liner booklet. #trailblazer

Or some of her vagina juices

Guest bluejean

Sorry no longer available #blamethemenopause

:lol: True.

Maybe your contribution could be actually buying the album yourself?

ok i never read all that BUT-

-beaming live a few songs to the Home Shopping Network - every now and then (hey if it can work for lionel)

-doing a reality tv show about her tour (to air later this fall) *doesnt have to focus entirely on her*

-radio interview in every city she is in on tour

-get arrested in russia or st petersberg!!!! LOL

Orchestrate some Michael Jackson style mob scenes in different cities during the tour. Pay the press to cover it with a heavy positive spin and mention how Madonna is the most successful female artist in history, she's on top of the world right now and of course say MDNA. People eat up what they think everybody else loves.

Payola to radio to make TUTR the theme song for summer 2012.

A video album that goes with MDNA with a lot of controversial shit.

A live broadcast of the tour that airs simultaneously on several different channels.

Guest bluejean

-doing a reality tv show about her tour (to air later this fall) *doesnt have to focus entirely on her*

That is actually a GREAT idea. Imagine a 20 part series and a song from the tour features in every episode (in order of appearance in the actual show of course.) She could even call it 'Truth or Dare' as a sort of spin off from the movie. She'd have to bring back the mega bitch of 1990 to make it a ratings winner (I'm sure that wouldn't be too hard for her :lol:)

Someone tweet this to guy NOW