JEAN PAUL GAULTIER HAS **CONFIRMED** HE IS DOING COSTUMES FOR MDNA TOUR!!

MLVC82

YAYYYYY I love when there's a single person behind all the costumes instead of picking and choosing from all over the place. Also, I like the fact that Madonna goes back to him when the show is more 'theatrical' and 'conceptural' like the DWT and CT.

TRUTH.

YAYYYYY I love when there's a single person behind all the costumes instead of picking and choosing from all over the place. Also, I like the fact that Madonna goes back to him when the show is more 'theatrical' and 'conceptural' like the DWT and CT.

He says he's making costumes for her tour that doesn't mean he's the only one. ;)

Marchesa is the other label doing costumes.. I really don't like a lot of their stuff.. it's kind of tacky or overly busy.. like what you would wear to an '80s prom. Does anyone have examples of some good stuff they've done (specifically as costumes)? I can't help but think this is a favor to Harvey since his wife (Georgina) is in charge of that label. :lol:

80's prom?!?? Now that sounds exciting, but I googled Marchesa and everything looks like typical Hollywood red-carpet wear.

Marchesa is the other label doing costumes.. I really don't like a lot of their stuff.. it's kind of tacky or overly busy.. like what you would wear to an '80s prom. Does anyone have examples of some good stuff they've done (specifically as costumes)? I can't help but think this is a favor to Harvey since his wife (Georgina) is in charge of that label. :lol:

Oh so it's not exclusively JPG? Shame.

Could these ever be topped? I hope to be pleasantly surprised. :)

madonnacomp1seo.jpg

costume_jean-paul-gaultier02.jpg

costume_jean-paul-gaultier_like_a_virgin.jpg

No mention of Marchesa here :blink: I don't know where Madonnarama got that from? Did Arianne mention it?

New quote by M from WWD:

As for the show’s couture, “I worship and adore [Jean Paul Gaultier]. He’s creating one of my costumes, and kind of godfathering the costumes for a section of my show, with all my dancers. I’m really happy he’s doing it, because he’s such a genius. And I’ll probably wear something that Riccardo [Tisci] from Givenchy makes. But the rest of it is going to be what my costume designer Arianne Phillips creates with me.”

:rant:

Only one set will be by JPG.

Guest groovyguy

No mention of Marchesa here :blink: I don't know where Madonnarama got that from? Did Arianne mention it?

New quote by M from WWD:

As for the show’s couture, “I worship and adore [Jean Paul Gaultier]. He’s creating one of my costumes, and kind of godfathering the costumes for a section of my show, with all my dancers. I’m really happy he’s doing it, because he’s such a genius. And I’ll probably wear something that Riccardo [Tisci] from Givenchy makes. But the rest of it is going to be what my costume designer Arianne Phillips creates with me.”

:rant:

Only one set will be by JPG.

http://drownedmadonna.com/index/item/728-riccardo-tisci-from-givenchy-is-also-designing-costumes-for-madonna-2012-world-tour.html

Riccardo Tisci from Givenchy is also designing costumes for Madonna 2012 World Tour

After designing costumes for Madonna's sucessful Super Bowl Half Time Show, Riccardo Tisci from Givenchy is now working on her MDNA World Tour.

"I worship and adore [Jean Paul Gaultier]. He’s creating one of my costumes, and kind of godfathering the costumes for a section of my show, with all my dancers. I’m really happy he’s doing it, because he’s such a genius," Madonna told WWD during an interview after the Macy’s appearance. "And I’ll probably wear something that Riccardo [Tisci] from Givenchy makes. But the rest of it is going to be what my costume designer Arianne Phillips creates with me."

"It’s crunch time for me getting my show ready, so after this I have to go back to the dungeon,” Madonna told WWD. "I call it the dungeon, where we work. In a room with no light. It’s kind of our factory, but I have a lot of work to do."

Madonna also talked about the Super Bowl show and called it "one of my most favorite and most treasured performing experiences, for sure. That was amazing." But next time she may opt for flats instead of heels: "The dance that LMFAO does, the shuffle, was really hard to do in heels. I have to say, I would prefer to do the shuffle in sneakers. If you want to drop it like it’s hot, it’s good to wear flats, because then your booty gets really close to the floor, but then there are things you can do in heels that you can’t do in sneakers."

From Arianne's Twitter - her other family!

5418c6868fd311e1abb01231381b65e3_7.jpg

I'm glad Tony is still M's dresser and didn't go off on tour with IT.

And this pic has some info on the white board about M's fittings on the 5th I think. Can anyone make out the words for the fitting for act II?

f90af64c8fa011e181bd12313817987b_7.jpg

Why haven't any teasers leaked yet...I'm dying to know a little of what to expect. There is no way I can remain spoiler free till 2013 :dramatic: By the time it gets to Australia I will be doing the routines from my seat while watching :vogue: