Tour Stage set-up

promise to try

I hope we will never see the day when all the action and stage "setup" is on the screens only.

I miss BA, Girlie Show and DTW with innovative real stage design without too much video screens (not to mention real band and dancing back up singers).

We have seen the floor video screen on Eurovision Song Contests since the early 2000's. Last years contest was ridiculous. All the performances were lost in the ridiculously big video screens.

I hope we will never see the day when all the action and stage "setup" is on the screens only.

I miss BA, Girlie Show and DTW with innovative real stage design without too much video screens (not to mention real band and dancing back up singers).

We have seen the floor video screen on Eurovision Song Contests since the early 2000's. Last years contest was ridiculous. All the performances were lost in the ridiculously big video screens.

Sadly it seems to be all about screens this days. Maybe its cheaper and less nightmarish to setup a show with just big screens. I wonder what an artist could do if the damn thing turns OFF! :lmao:

Sadly it seems to be all about screens this days. Maybe its cheaper and less nightmarish to setup a show with just big screens. I wonder what an artist could do if the damn thing turns OFF! :lmao:

Jacko also had a huge screen for his tour. I dunno why people complain so much when they have proven to be highly effective. Look at Celine, her show is also just one giant screen and she broke records with that stage. Big megastars like to use giant, expensive, screens.

All of them using big screen (Celin, Beyonce, Britney, etc.) were inspired by the Queen herself.

All of them using big screen (Celin, Beyonce, Britney, etc.) were inspired by the Queen herself.

Beyonce & Britney didn't use a screen of that size (too expensive). It was big, but not huge. Jacko & Celine did though. Very few of them can afford to haul around a screen of that size on tour.

I am actually tired of Screens, even C-list performers used them these days, small, big whatever. I hope Madonna team are aware that and found out something better than just screens

I am actually tired of Screens, even C-list performers used them these days, small, big whatever. I hope Madonna team are aware that and found out something better than just screens

There's a significant difference between a big screen and a gigantic screen. The effect is much stronger when the screen is gigantic. I'm sure if she does end up with a gigantic screen fans will love it once they get to see it in person.

Even picky Jacko that was obsessed with props on stage used a gigantic screen for his O2 shows, reason being, that its highly effective.

Jacko

monolith01.jpg

Celine

celinedion0.jpg

Screens is was and will be the future! Props can very easily turn into something cheap. Of course it will be a combination of different elements! But screens add so many dimensions and can be very emersive, pull you in and out of different worlds. Reach the back of the arena and make the stage come to life in a way no prop can, could or ever will. Using video screens is a MUST in today's high tech world and there are MANY ways they can be used nowadays!

Lady Gaga couldn't afford any :chuckle:

That pretty much only works for her. I can't picture any other pop star getting away with using a castle as a stage. And even her, I dunno how effective it will be. The castle will likely not change much throughout the show. It will likely get old quick, but who knows, maybe it will work for her... we'll see.

Guest CandyPerfumeBoy

well there were a lot of fans complaining in London for not seeing anything because Madonna had to little screens in the stadiums.. even if there won't be this problem because of the choice of venue, Madonna maybe chose this also for her fans!!!

And we know that we'll get more than the screens!!! @RIT we had the tv-screens, the electric chair and and a half-pipe, @CT she rode an electric horse, was crucified and had inline skaters on stage... and @S&S... well she played e-guitar :electropop:

well there were a lot of fans complaining in London for not seeing anything because Madonna had to little screens in the stadiums.. even if there won't be this problem because of the choice of venue, Madonna maybe chose this also for her fans!!!

Well unlike Celine or Beyonce she doesn't transmit on the huge screen a live image of herself on the stage. She uses it for a backdrop only. So in anyway people on the stadiums depends of the mini screens at the sides to watch what she is doing on the stage. In that aspect the huge screen doesn't do any difference.

Well unlike Celine or Beyonce she doesn't transmit on the huge screen a live image of herself on the stage.

THANK GOD FOR THAT!

She uses it for a backdrop only. So in anyway people on the stadiums depends of the mini screens at the sides to watch what she is doing on the stage. In that aspect the huge screen doesn't do any difference.

You forgot about the interludes.

run fast and hide?

it looks small, of course thats probably the picture...but it should have been something amazing, this is just....there lol

The fact that almost all the pictures of the stage that have been posted look different, means that none of them are likely accurate. Fans saw the floor seating chart and decided to make drawings of what they think the stage will look like. We should wait till an official picture leaks.

Guest groovyguy

http://www.madonna.com/news/title/madonnas-mdna-tour-now-opens-in-tel-aviv-on-may-31

Along with state of the art technical components including the largest video screens ever created, Madonna, her band and her dancers are expected to reach above and beyond her Super Bowl performance where she performed to an audience of over 112 million people around the world, the highest number of viewers in Super Bowl history.

http://www.madonna.com/news/title/madonnas-mdna-tour-now-opens-in-tel-aviv-on-may-31

Along with state of the art technical components including the largest video screens ever created, Madonna, her band and her dancers are expected to reach above and beyond her Super Bowl performance where she performed to an audience of over 112 million people around the world, the highest number of viewers in Super Bowl history.

:dramatic:

That's an indication that the main aspect of the stage are the giant video screens. I hope they left half of the budget for other creative stuffs. :|

I love the idea of huge screens and to hear that they are the biggest ever made is pretty exciting. but yes i also kinda hope that the stage itself is a bit wider, more room for the band (i hope they won't be hidden away too much) and i'd love to see an express yourself stairs again. :thumbsup: