I Fucked Up

Guest rocketman

• 1 month later...

14.) After pouring her frustrations and anger out since the beginning of the album, Madonna offers an atonement song. "I'm sorry, je suis désolée. I wish I could take it back but I can't..." goes she while verbalizing numerous activities that could've transpired had the domestic split never occurred. I Fucked Up's affecting arrangement reminds me of Dannii Minogue's Hurt In Love that starts off with a fast beat then slows down in the middle and goes fast again till the end. The opposite pattern is done with IFU as it starts down-tempo then goes fast in the middle and slows down until it finishes. Had the "F"-word not been used, this track may be an AC Hit! A lot of synonymous words could have been used instead of it. However, Madonna's controversial creativity had to surface resulting to it remaining within the realms of the album's explicit edition only and never to be fielded for general appreciation.

Vocals: 2, Production: 2, Lyrics: 1, Chorus Strength: 2, Mainstream Appeal: 2 = (9/10)

other tracks on http://mymonumentali...nce-review.html

• 2 weeks later...

this should be/shouldve been a single. This is the Madonna that should be heard on airwaves these days. Its miles better than Masterpiece (for example).

i love this song so much! but it would flop as a single.

Everything is going to flop as a single. It's a flop album. Who cares? Would make a fabulous video :wow:

Anyway, LOVE this song. Should have closed out the album. Why on earth did they cut the album at 12 tracks? Tack "Beautiful Killer" and "I Fucked Up" on to the end and it's a 14-track masterpiece. Also ends with a big instead of a whimper, like it does with "Fallin' Free."

• 1 month later...