MDNA Promo Discussion - "non-traditional campaign"?

Apples388

this is the beggining of the end!!!! scary!!!

It's been the beginning of the end since Everybody in 1982.....NEXT!

If she were payed every time a "Madonna is over" article was written these past 30 years she would never have to release an album or tour again.

Guest Sinisin

Didn't Orbit say that she wanted the music to speak for itself instead of a promo tour?

Well the music has spoken and people don't care because it sucks lol

Really??? :blink:

Truth is, she has brought this all on her self...and call me a flop fan but I'm getting bored of the whole MDNA era and the strategic mess that it is already. It seems she only wants to pimp her products and merchandise such as the tour and the perfume...she wants our money yet she is not prepared to even make the effort to promote to us...where is the connection and the honesty with her fanbase? (And I'm not talking about the pointless Twatter debacle either.) Why is she ONLY about the money now? Sad times.

Why does she need to promote to "us"? Don't "we" already have the album? Why not go to her show and feel REALLY connected with her and the fans. She's busting her ass putting together the biggest trek of her entire career. Isn't being on stage IN FRONT OF YOUR FANS the ultimate honest connection?? Or do you feel more connected watching an Ellen interview on YouTube?? That's not all directed at you necessarily just a general comment after reading others' comments, but you guys treat the tour as an afterthought, something she's strictly doing for $$ when performing is what she's always loved most anyways.

Madonna surely must have the most UNGRATEFUL fanbase of any major artist. She's given us SO much that it's taken for granted at this point.

The Ultra Festival in Miami wasn't exactly a futile exercise as it was somewhat the first flagship dance event by Live Nation. It's been earmarked by New York Times as the next big touring money making venture. It needed Live Nation's Queen Madonna its blessing. Whether it did something for her benefit on the other hand...

Oh it was organized by Live Nation? Okay that makes more sense.

Guest Xanthium

Madonna surely must have the most UNGRATEFUL fanbase of any major artist. She's given us SO much that it's taken for granted at this point.

Oh lord not THIS argument.

Guest Not4Pussies

Lack of promo for HC, lack of promo for Celebration, lack of promo for MDNA. See a pattern here? She doesn't want to promote what really matters, the music. Seems it doesn't matter to her anymore and it shows. "i have to pay the rent."

Sorry but if they want the album to sell in the USA she needs to do The Voice, American Idol and VMAs.

If they want the album to sell in the UK she needs to do The Voice UK, X Factor and Graham Norton (and I don't mean sit down and talk about Wallace Simpson but actually talk about your music and perform!).

More singles from the album is a good idea but MDNA is an album's album.

"Turn up the Radio" is the most commercial thing on it. I can't think of any other potential singles! "Girl Gone Wild" is already DOA.

Do you think she could possibly cut into or cut down her rehearsal time ever so slightly to fit in some promo? I mean clearly the 9378 hours she does really pays off, and if I was doing something like that I'd definitely want that much to feel comfortable, she sort of has stage fright issues as well which she's alluded to.

And though some complain it's too slick and too tight she still does make mistakes even with all that and she can do spontaneous and isn't a mindless robot who needs cue cards for everything like most other diva bitches.

Let's have a MadonnaNation history lesson....

So last era, HC/S&S, much like now the usuals were screaming it was a flop because the music sucked. "She just needs to release QUALITY music again and she'll be fine!!" So....

She completely changes her sound (again) and delivers an album that the majority of her fans adore and consider a true return to form but it's called a flop because of lack of promo.....

So let's just say she promotes the next album traditionally, it's SUPERB and pleases the majority of fans and it still "flops"?? What's the excuse going to be?

I'll say it again just like in '08....next album no matter the quality or promo will sell less than MDNA.

Didn't Orbit say that she wanted the music to speak for itself instead of a promo tour?

Well the music has spoken and people don't care because it sucks lol

i don't think he meant he wanted GMAYL and GGW speak for the album though. :rant:

Guest Not4Pussies

Why does she need to promote to "us"? Don't "we" already have the album? Why not go to her show and feel REALLY connected with her and the fans. She's busting her ass putting together the biggest trek of her entire career. Isn't being on stage IN FRONT OF YOUR FANS the ultimate honest connection?? Or do you feel more connected watching an Ellen interview on YouTube?? That's not all directed at you necessarily just a general comment after reading others' comments, but you guys treat the tour as an afterthought, something she's strictly doing for $$ when performing is what she's always loved most anyways.

some people can't afford to go see her so the next best thing is for them is to see the woman on tv!

Why does she need to promote to "us"? Don't "we" already have the album? Why not go to her show and feel REALLY connected with her and the fans. She's busting her ass putting together the biggest trek of her entire career. Isn't being on stage IN FRONT OF YOUR FANS the ultimate honest connection?? Or do you feel more connected watching an Ellen interview on YouTube?? That's not all directed at you necessarily just a general comment after reading others' comments, but you guys treat the tour as an afterthought, something she's strictly doing for $ when performing is what she's always loved most anyways.

This has nothing to do with being ungrateful and more to do with not wanting an artist (many fans and myself have followed for several years) to blatantly tarnish if not destroy her own reputation and achievements through extremely poor decision making. Personally, I do not buy the whole 'touring makes me feel connected with my fans' crap...if that were the case then why did it take her 8 years to tour between 1993 and 2001? She is doing the tour for the cash plain and simple. This so-called "non-traditional" promotion is clearly not working. Other fans and myself are anxious because we know just how brilliant the MDNA album is! She is allowing these thoughtless decisions to be made time and again and it is a cause for concern for her loyal fanbase. Call us 'melt-down' merchants or whatever you want - we care...or maybe the fact that we give a shit is our biggest mistake and perhaps we should transfer our passion to other artists who make a more worthwhile effort.

Lack of promo for HC, lack of promo for Celebration, lack of promo for MDNA. See a pattern here? She doesn't want to promote what really matters, the music. Seems it doesn't matter to her anymore and it shows. "i have to pay the rent."

I think it means she's over whoring herself out for her music (and she never was that big on it anyway) and I sort of respect her for that. It is a bit dissapointing when the era deflates like this but OH WELL May is near and there are sure to be some fabulous reports when the tour kicks off.

Oh lord not THIS argument.

It can't be disputed at this point. She's given us a great album, great videos and hopefully a kick ass tour. As a fan of Madonna the artist that's all I require. She can promote til she drops, if I don't like the music it doesn't matter.

I swear to God, if she promoted heavily on all the big shows then someone would bitch that she didn't come to their home directly and perform. :lol:

I honestly thought regardless of promo the fact that the music and videos have been so good this era that nobody would really care....you know being that the biggest gripe of the last era was the supposed lack of quality. Some people can never be pleased though....what can ya do right?

This has nothing to do with being ungrateful and more to do with not wanting an artist (many fans and myself have followed for several years) to blatantly tarnish if not destroy her own reputation and achievements through extremely poor decision making. Personally, I do not buy the whole 'touring makes me feel connected with my fans' crap...if that were the case then why did it take her 8 years to tour between 1993 and 2001? She is doing the tour for the cash plain and simple. This so-called "non-traditional" promotion is clearly not working. Other fans and myself are anxious because we know just how brilliant the MDNA album is! She is allowing these thoughtless decisions to be made time and again and it is a cause for concern for her loyal fanbase. Call us 'melt-down' merchants or whatever you want - we care...or maybe the fact that we give a shit is our biggest mistake and perhaps we should transfer our passion to other artists who make a more worthwhile effort.

AMEN

Oh and this touring thing can only keep working as long she continues to have hit singles and albums

that dont fall off the charts after a few weeks. The general public are not going to attend her shows to

stand and listen to a half a show of music they are not familiar with. Unless of course she decides to do a Cher

and just do her Greatest Hits.

Guest Xanthium

Let's have a MadonnaNation history lesson....

So last era, HC/S&S, much like now the usuals were screaming it was a flop because the music sucked. "She just needs to release QUALITY music again and she'll be fine!!" So....

She completely changes her sound (again) and delivers an album that the majority of her fans adore and consider a true return to form but it's called a flop because of lack of promo.....

So let's just say she promotes the next album traditionally, it's SUPERB and pleases the majority of fans and it still "flops"?? What's the excuse going to be?

I'll say it again just like in '08....next album no matter the quality or promo will sell less than MDNA.

I see what you're saying but I just take issue with the word "ungrateful". A better word for the situation would be "dissatisfied". When you use the word "ungrateful" you make it seem like Madonna is some selfless parent that has slaved away in order to take care of her spoiled, thankless children. Madonna's fans have given her PLENTY over the last 30 YEARS, namely their money!

some people can't afford to go see her so the next best thing is for them is to see the woman on tv!

she did the superbowl and a bunch of tv. yes the interviews were for w/e but she never gets asked about music anyway.

more like feel "connected with my bank account."

I heartly agree with everything you said. :thumbsup:

This is like a relationship, you better keep things going and working, because we could get tired and bored.

+++1

Love your post. agreed

If you feel like her music has been bad lately then I can see how you feel like that. If you actually have liked the music though, how can you say she doesn't care about it? People that don't care about the music don't continuously make great music. Promo is a separate entity altogether.

I'm sorry, but I can't believe how seriously some have taken that "i have to pay the rent" comment. I think she said in jest...fuck I KNOW she said that in jest. :lol: That's a total Madonna comment to make. She's said stuff like that in the past "a girls gotta make a living somehow".

REALLY...does anybody think Madonna ever has to lift a finger again to pay the rent?? Does Madonna even pay RENT?? Wouldn't she have a mortgage?? LOL I'm not trying to sound condescending I just don't see how anyone could've taken that comment seriously and some around here have quoted as the gospel as proof she doesn't care about her music. MY GOD! I just can't.... :lmao:

she did the superbowl and a bunch of tv. yes the interviews were for w/e but she never gets asked about music anyway.

Yes she did with the Jimmy interview on Facebook and she seemed bored and uninspired when she was asked several times about the new music and about making the record. A completely wasted of time and opportunity.

AMEN

Oh and this touring thing can only keep working as long she continues to have hit singles and albums

that dont fall off the charts after a few weeks. The general public are not going to attend her shows to

stand and listen to a half a show of music they are not familiar with. Unless of course she decides to do a Cher

and just do her Greatest Hits.