MDNA Promo Discussion - "non-traditional campaign"?

Apples388

She still needs to get over herself and this dislike of promo appearances if she wants her products to continue to be successful. The general public like to SEE a pop star working hard to promote their products. She worked tirelessly to promote the turkey that was W.E. but she should have saved her energy for her true calling - her music. When it comes to promoting MDNA she has done the Superbowl and that's about it. In respect of MDNA she has been a LAZY bitch with promo which is a shame because she has a diamond of an album there. Sitting on your arse in a rehearsal studio and twatting out banal responses to banal questions does not cut it.

Well, she seemed delightful to talk about W.E in the endless promotion she did for it. She clearly does with pleasure when she is very interested in what she is promoting. Sadly it doesn't seems the case of MDNA. :(

Guest bluejean

Yes in the NME interview (1995). :) That Yule C perf was everythang (indeed a surprise smash and first bonafide hit in a while :) ). :dramatic: It was proto Cool Madgetania.

It must be a fun experience standing there miming to a CD playing trying to keep a straight face :lol:

Guest bluejean

Maybe this will b the thing that pushes her out of the top 40 mode and finally do

that Joe Henry album. :fag:

In fact just release Falling Free :fag:

I think she's got one more flop album in her before it comes to that :lol:

Guest bluejean

Well, she seemed delightful to talk about W.E in the endless promotion she did for it. She clearly does with pleasure when she is very interested in what she is promoting. Sadly it doesn't seems the case of MDNA. :(

Maybe she doesn't want to sit around talking publicly about how much she hates her ex husband for taking all her money and wanted to shoot him in the head. It's a shame cos that would be great promo.

It would have made more sense if together with the 'No traditional promo' she would have included some proper music publication interviews.

Even if it were just for my enjoyment :fag: That's the promo I like. I really don't care about this mess 2 b honest.

There's an album i like and tour I will love. Maybe this will b the thing that pushes her out of the top 40 mode and finally do

that Joe Henry album. :fag:

In fact just release Falling Free :fag:

Only like? :( I was wondering what your elusive views were, there's like 9000 threads and I always miss the good stuff - just found out that was a pic of her sticking a cake in Guy O's face!

The lack of (magazine) interviews for promo this time is a GLARING omission, that was the one constant. She's over interviewed but it's always nice to hear stuff about the music. I can understand why she wouldn't do those mini free concerts again, but some promo would be nice of course. I also don't give a shyt about sales, she debuted very strongly that's enough for me.

This "record slump" is unfortunate as it's ready made fodder for tabloids and trashy gossip rags but even if it stays a record, history won't record this. It's useless trivia. Just as history won't record Goober's Amazon deal making up much of her sales figure, or further back U2 getting to #1 with low sales for that "The Fly" rubbish - they were aided by people using pre-release coupons to get money off, this deliberate limited edition, I almost bought the crap. :o All that's recorded is the fact they got to #1, that's what makes it another historical milestone. :)

Guy posted on twitter earlier today that M's Macy's appearance will also be album promotion, she will discuss MDNA and after that it's done.

Of course. Clearly the fans meltdown and the awful press announcing the terrible fate of MDNA after a drop of 80% sales in it's second week made him finally realize that they've made a huge mistake! Now he wants to do something about it. But we know that she will not do it because she is interested. She will do this 5 minutes interviews in the middle of a perfum event because she has been forced to it. You can only imagine how her mood will be.

Oh Nessie shut up. Seriously. That's the problem I have with this whole promotion debate. Yes we all want to see her on tv and perform. But what signals more passion for your music than putting together an entire elaborate, high budget concert tour featuring more than half of your latest album?

Promotion is talking about it. Promotion is selling it. KEYWORD: SELLING IT. A tour is performing, creating, bringing music to life. It's a creative process with artistic vision behind it, not just dollar signs. Clearly WE was a labor of love for Madonna, but she knew no one would go see it if she didn't get out there and show her face. Her music is not the same. If she'd rather put together a show for her music than go on fucking DIANE SAWYER to talk about how great it is to be a single mother than WHO CARES.

Of course. Clearly the fans meltdown and the awful press announcing the terrible fate of MDNA after a drop of 80% sales in it's second week made him finally realize that they've made a huge mistake! Now he wants to do something about it. But we know that she will not do it because she is interested. She will do this 5 minutes interviews in the middle of a perfum event because she has been forced to it. You can only imagine how her mood will be.

:thumbsup:

Oh Nessie shut up. Seriously. That's the problem I have with this whole promotion debate. Yes we all want to see her on tv and perform. But what signals more passion for your music than putting together an entire elaborate, high budget concert tour featuring more than half of your latest album?

Promotion is talking about it. Promotion is selling it. KEYWORD: SELLING IT. A tour is performing, creating, bringing music to life. It's a creative process with artistic vision behind it, not just dollar signs. Clearly WE was a labor of love for Madonna, but she knew no one would go see it if she didn't get out there and show her face. Her music is not the same. If she'd rather put together a show for her music than go on fucking DIANE SAWYER to talk about how great it is to be a single mother than WHO CARES.

You have a point and i agree in parts with you. But i can't stand how she showed no interest whatsoever to expose her work proudly to the world (even if the tv host always brings up the personal questions)! She did ONE interview about the music and nothing else. Did the tour needed to happen that fast? That's what bothers me.

I will of course love the tour! We want everything! I could wait some months more to see her live just to feel the development of the MDNA era as it should be.

You have a point and i agree in parts of you. But i can't stand how she showed no interest whatsoever to expose her work proudly to the world (even if the tv host always brings up the personal questions)! She did ONE interview about the music and nothing else. Did the tour needed to happen that fast? That's what bothers me.

I will of course love the tour! We want everything! I could wait some months more to see her live just to feel the development of the MDNA era as it should be.

I am annoyed about the album not being given proper exposure either, but as long as we get one more GOOD video (Gang Bang or Turn Up The Radio) it will be a good era for me. If she doesn't wanna promote like Lady Gaga then I don't care.

Only like? :(

Honestly, I still don't have a well rounded 'deep' opinion about it, the fact that I have 2 change discs 2 listen to 3 more tracks kinda

throws me :lol: It's still a kinda disjointed listening experience 4 me. I don't know what 2 consider as 'the album' :confused::D

Guest Xanthium

It's ALL about Ingrid, that bytch is quality.

:lmao: Ingrid would've handled everything to PERFECTION. On Twitter she'd be like "STFU PHAGS. Just sit yo asses down and wait for the tour. TRUST." :rotfl:

I must say though that watching Guy O. in panic mode is hysterically enjoyable to watch *evil cackle*

The thing is most of us could see a lot of this coming, poor lead single, no promo etc and it's not even

our job. Why wasn't it so glaringly obvious to her team?

Because she seems to surround herself with arseholes who will not tell her the God's honest truth about her ideas, plans and decisions. She is surrounded by 'YES' people whose main job is to blow smoke up her rear passage rather than help her to really sell her shit with some degree of intelligence. She is becoming the way Michael Jackson was before his demise - completely out of touch with the real world.

Because she seems to surround herself with arseholes who will not tell her the God's honest truth about her ideas, plans and decisions. She is surrounded by 'YES' people whose main job is to blow smoke up her rear passage rather than help her to really sell her shit with some degree of intelligence. She is becoming the way Michael Jackson was before his demise - completely out of touch with the real world.

:megamanson:

EXCEPT WITHOUT THE DRUGS, PEDOPHILIA, NEVERLAND, QUESTIONABLE MENTAL HEALTH, BOTCHED PLASTIC SURGERY, AND COMPLETE DISREGARD FOR HER LEGACY AND CAREER. Some of you guys are such hysterical PANSIES about this shit.

It's Guy Oseary who fucked this up. Madonna is the talent, he is her manager, it's his fault for not thinking ahead. Madonna has had to focus on a MOVIE, an ALBUM, an immense tv performance, and a TOUR, all in the span of LESS THAN SIX MONTHS. Blame Guy for being sloppy, don't compare Madonna to a fucking DRUG ADDICTED, FALLEN ICON just because she didn't go on AMERICAN IDOL to hawk MDNA. Jesus the MELODRAMA.

It's Guy Oseary who fucked this up. Madonna is the talent, he is her manager, it's his fault for not thinking ahead. Madonna has had to focus on a MOVIE, an ALBUM, an immense tv performance, and a TOUR, all in the span of LESS THAN SIX MONTHS.

Yeah but she also picked the singles, if insider info is to be believed. I always put 100% of the responsibility on Madonna. If your manager isn't doing his job, it's your fault for keeping him on the payroll.

It's quite possible she doesn't care that much about the album's success.

:megamanson:

EXCEPT WITHOUT THE DRUGS, PEDOPHILIA, NEVERLAND, QUESTIONABLE MENTAL HEALTH, BOTCHED PLASTIC SURGERY, AND COMPLETE DISREGARD FOR HER LEGACY AND CAREER. Some of you guys are such hysterical PANSIES about this shit.

It's Guy Oseary who fucked this up. Madonna is the talent, he is her manager, it's his fault for not thinking ahead. Madonna has had to focus on a MOVIE, an ALBUM, an immense tv performance, and a TOUR, all in the span of LESS THAN SIX MONTHS. Blame Guy for being sloppy, don't compare Madonna to a fucking DRUG ADDICTED, FALLEN ICON. Jesus the MELODRAMA.

That is the whole problem. She has over exerted herself with too many projects all at once. The tour could have been postponed to a few months later in the year to give her the chance to promote the album and to even squeeze in a break.

Guest Xanthium

TRUTH.

Love ya Madonna but you deserve to be raked over the coals for this. It would do her some good to get a reality check.

Yeah but she also picked the singles, if insider info is to be believed. I always put 100% of the responsibility on Madonna. If your manager isn't doing his job, it's your fault for keeping him on the payroll.

It's quite possible she doesn't care that much about the album's success.

She fucked up the single, sure, but that's only a part of why this album release has been so fucked. There was clear demand for it (see what happened during the Super Bowl?), and they blew it. They can still salvage it, but unless it happens soon, it's gonan be too late. But we can't place the blame solely on Madonna. A businesswoman she may be, but when you're the performer, the writer, the talent, you need your manager to do his job with flying colors. He hasn't done that.

Honestly, I still don't have a well rounded 'deep' opinion about it, the fact that I have 2 change discs 2 listen to 3 more tracks kinda

throws me :lol: It's still a kinda disjointed listening experience 4 me. I don't know what 2 consider as 'the album' :confused::D

I must burn myself an old fashioned CD. That iTunes is an absolute nightmare, even deleting Nicki Minaj and MIA from the artist name and keeping the details all the same still wouldn't get them to put it in the one fucking folder! :rant: Even doing a playlist wouldn't work, must try that again. I've tried everything in the book - http://samsoft.org.uk/iTunes/grouping.asp :sour: