MDNA Promo Discussion - "non-traditional campaign"?

Apples388

Let's not twist things. "Girl Gone Wild" is the flop that isn't catching on. "Give Me All Your Luvin'" was perfect as a lead/buzz single accompanied by a great video, huge Superbowl exposure and it extended her record of Top 10 singles despite having leaked in the previous calendar year.

"Girl Gone Wild", released just a month after "GMAYL", has been out for 5 weeks now and isn't working.

untitled-1.jpg

I guess that's the sad truth - she's not cool anymore. I love her to DEATH - I do!!! But I feel like the only reason I love the new album as much as I do is because I have loved her for so long. Because I feel like I know her, and I can feel her in her new music. There are glorious moments on this album, gorgeous melodies, inventive lyrics (that I hope she wrote). It's not "cool" per se, but that's okay because it's GOOD! But when she tries to be cool, she fails. Like "Heartbeat"... the "HUH! Get down Uh HUH Get down" part... ugh, sounds like she's constipated.

She IS cool! She is cooler now than she was on HC! But she is being managed terribly ever since i don't know when anymore. Just watch that facebook interview, I SAW MADONNA there! But she needs to show us that more to put everyone into this era like it should! We miss her!

Someone said earlier the public aren't warming to the album. The problem is, the public haven't heard anything from the album! Without airplay, casual fans are probably unaware of it being out. And, if they do see it in the shop, they will look at it and not recognise any of the songs.

Erotica had plenty of exposure with several hits singles getting good airplay. That was boycotted because of Sex.

MDNA is a great album just in need of exposure.

She IS cool! She is cooler now than she was on HC! But she is being managed terribly ever since i don't know when anymore. Just watch that facebook interview, I SAW MADONNA there! But she needs to show us that more to put everyone into this era like it should! We miss her!

Yep, alot of this mess is down to poor manangement.

Let's not twist things. "Girl Gone Wild" is the flop that isn't catching on. "Give Me All Your Luvin'" was perfect as a lead/buzz single accompanied by a great video, huge Superbowl exposure and it extended her record of Top 10 singles despite having leaked in the previous calendar year.

"Girl Gone Wild", released just a month after "GMAYL", has been out for 5 weeks now and isn't working.

Oh remember that!? a big fat LOL! :lmao:

Someone said earlier the public aren't warming to the album. The problem is, the public haven't heard anything from the album! Without airplay, casual fans are probably unaware of it being out. And, if they do see it in the shop, they will look at it and not recognise any of the songs.

Erotica had plenty of exposure with several hits singles getting good airplay. That was boycotted because of Sex.

MDNA is a great album just in need of exposure.

She should have performed a couple of tracks on the Graham Norton show.

And why on why did it take so long for the remixes to hit the clubs and I tunes?

I think they went overboard when GMAYL leaked. They should have had the remixes in the clubs

building the hype. Instead they went into lockdown.

It's pretty basic, I would think, when it comes to promoting an album:

1) Pick a good song to lead off with

2) Schedule a few interviews / performances

3) Give youself enough time before you tour to do 1 and 2

Why did the tour have to start in May?? Is that when her next alimony check is due?

untitled1.jpg

this is hardly a surprise. The press drives from negativity.

Those flicker Germans seem to prefer Germanottas sheisse.

They need to remember how big noses last single flopped. Madonna was having back to back no.1s at that point.

Guest bluejean

I wouldn't mind some videos from the show on Facebook. That would be great to have earlier performances of certain songs officially filmed additional to the DVD and so soon after the tour starts. But let's remember Guy also promised the new songs on S&S 2nd leg would get released in some form and that never happened.

Guest Not4Pussies

what a mess. what a disappointing mess.

as much as people say promo is not needed and she doesn't need to go on talk shows and get asked the same things over and over, ACTUAL PROMO helps a lot!

i think Guy O thought with the SB performance and the exposure it was gonna be it to sustain interest for the new album, but how could it when she completely disappeared after the SB, when we got a weak song as the first single, when the second single was rushed and has not given the attention it deserves.

did he actually think it was all gonna be perfectly fine with no promo?

the promo she did for W.E. was the promo she should have done for the album.

and i know madonna has four kids, she is a perfectionist and she takes rehearsing seriously, that is no excuse to not go out there and promote.

that Macy's appearance to promote her perfume is a joke! she has time do that but not for her album?

she's giving the attention and focusing on minor things in her career. madonna you're never going to be accepted in the film industry. get over it!

any how, i'm over it.

just like the release of mdna, it came and went.

videos from the show on Facebook would be nice, but it won't do anything for promotion, since the only people who will see those videos are MADONNA FANS.

Warner would never have allowed Give Me All Ur Shit as 1st single.

Absolutely.

Nor GGW as second.

videos from the show on Facebook would be nice, but it won't do anything for promotion, since the only people who will see those videos are MADONNA FANS, and they already know about the album!

The public forgets about everything in about 2 hours. If they thought the Superbowl performance was sustainable promotion for the album, they're nuts. She sang one of the worst songs from the album, it did nothing for sales other than possibly impacting the pre-orders. The fact that radio dropped that song like a hot potato after the initial "promotional" weekend deal should have been a HUGE indicator to get another single out right away. GGW was not the answer. UGH!!! It's like Celebration Jr.! Great video, yes... but only for die-hards. Everyone else just thought she was too hold to act like that.

what a mess. what a disappointing mess.

as much as people say promo is not needed and she doesn't need to go on talk shows and get asked the same things over and over, ACTUAL PROMO helps a lot!

i think Guy O thought with the SB performance and the exposure it was gonna be it to sustain interest for the new album, but how could it when she completely disappeared after the SB, when we got a weak song as the first single, when the second single was rushed and has not given the attention it deserves.

did he actually think it was all gonna be perfectly fine with no promo?

the promo she did for W.E. was the promo she should have done for the album.

and i know madonna has four kids, she is a perfectionist and she takes rehearsing seriously, that is no excuse to not go out there and promote.

that Macy's appearance to promote her perfume is a joke! she has time do that but not for her album?

she's giving the attention and focusing on minor things in her career. madonna you're never going to be accepted in the film industry. get over it!

any how, i'm over it.

just like the release of mdna, it came and went.

Exactly my feelings Isaac. :thumbsup:

I thought it would be different after HC but it got worse. The magic has gone. Such a waste for a wonderful album.

Guest Fukujima

Guillermo Fojaco ‏ @guillof

@guyoseary M should really do at least one tv performance while she is in USA. I would love to see her!!!

Guy Oseary ‏ @guyoseary

@guillof if we can get further along in the next few weeks with the tour, we will do one.. We have one in mind.. but no promises..

Guy Oseary ‏ @guyoseary

@Homme_du_jour thank you. performing MDNA live everywhere is promo. but I do agree and wish we could have done more. SuperBowl took 2 months

Guy Oseary ‏ @guyoseary

@xavier69 @kakadre @Perfume_Girl there will be a few tv interviews happening tomorrow night for the album.. but then back into Tour mode..

Guy Oseary ‏ @guyoseary

@ChrisFox72 "turn up the radio"is feeling like the next single

The public forgets about everything in about 2 hours. If they thought the Superbowl performance was sustainable promotion for the album, they're nuts. She sang one of the worst songs from the album, it did nothing for sales other than possibly impacting the pre-orders. The fact that radio dropped that song like a hot potato after the initial "promotional" weekend deal should have been a HUGE indicator to get another single out right away. GGW was not the answer. UGH!!! It's like Celebration Jr.! Great video, yes... but only for die-hards. Everyone else just thought she was too hold to act like that.

As great as the Superbowl performance was it was more like a GH set with a bit of the weakest track from MDNA. It was the perfect

opportunity to showcase one of the strongest tracks.

After the Superbowl she disappeared completely. Big mistake, they should have had tv and interviews lined up.

The general public don't check her FB for bruises, updates and an interview. .

To me, answering these type of questions on twitter just proves he's not that confident with his NEW promo. God, he's clueless! He doesnt know what to do next! He had a loooooooooooong time to think in a good promotion for this album and suddenly he doesnt know what to do? We might gonna do tv... We are still brainstorming...

Go fuck yourself turd! Just say it already! You're not concerned with Madonna's career or her legacy, you just want your MONEY!

Exactly my feelings Isaac. :thumbsup:

I thought it would be different after HC but it got worse. The magic has gone. Such a waste for a wonderful album.

Yes it does feel like something is missing. You would have thought they would have nailed it after the HC mess.