MDNA Promo Discussion - "non-traditional campaign"?

Apples388

I don't agree with albums don't sell anymore. Look at Adele and Take That! Good albums, well promoted still shift large amounts of units. It's just lazy journalism. It's the same with magazines. Sales may have dropped per title but there are more of them than ever to choose from and the big names still can shift big copies!

If the record company seriously think the tour starting is likely to kickstart sales of the single in the UK, they are deluded. Even when she gets to the UK in July, it would fail to have much impact. Hopefully the mixes will make it to the clubs and it will build support as that's the only way I can see it having an effect on her chart position.

I don't agree with albums don't sell anymore. Look at Adele and Take That! Good albums, well promoted still shift large amounts of units. It's just lazy journalism. It's the same with magazines. Sales may have dropped per title but there are more of them than ever to choose from and the big names still can shift big copies!

If the record company seriously think the tour starting is likely to kickstart sales of the single in the UK, they are deluded. Even when she gets to the UK in July, it would fail to have much impact. Hopefully the mixes will make it to the clubs and it will build support as that's the only way I can see it having an effect on her chart position.

Coldplay have had big sales with their latest album. I thinks it's sold 1.1 million in the UK and its approaching 5 million ww.

To be fair though they have done a lot of tv promo, interviews and free shows. I think if an group/artist wants a hit album they have

to be prepared to promote. Madonna has ignored the usual promo this time around probably because after 30 years she is bored with

the same questions and probably because a lot of the interviewers are a lot younger than her. In the last few years she seems uncomfortable

and irritated when being interviewed. Ellen would be good at interviewing her and would probably be fun. I think they will have a problem with her next tour

if she doesn't do the usual promo. For this tour she has no hit single. GMAYL was mediocre and fell of the charts quickly and GGW had fared even worse. She likes

to devote half of her show to her new album but if the public aren't interested in her next album or don't feel they connect with the era then they aren't going

to rush to buy her tickets especially at the prices she charges. Many of european shows have not sold out and some shows are apparently struggling.

Her hardcore fanbase is getting older and probably have different priorities in life than attending multiple shows. MDNA is a great album but the general public

just aren't warming to it. I don't think she will get many sales from people attending the shows unless they have something up their sleeves.

https://twitter.com/#!/guyoseary

Guy Oseary ‏ @guyoseary

@michael1993 thank you, I wish we could have done tv last week but we were in rehearsals morning and night. 7 more weeks to show time..

Haha!

I thought going on TV was now old hat - the rubbish "traditional" way of promoting something?

Make your mind up Guy!

MDNA is making headlines for the wrong reasons right now. Surely, they must realize this hurts her "brand," even if all they care about is touring revenue. :confused:

http://www.bild.de/unterhaltung/musik/madonna/mdna-album-total-flop-23558460.bild.html

" Das brachte ihr offiziell 359 000 verkaufte CDs ein.

Autsch! Das macht ein sattes Minus von 88 Prozent aus."

' That brings her official total of CD's sold to 359,000. That is a drop of 88%.. '

The Bild.de article is a rehash of the doom and gloom Forbes one but the sentiment is the same. :bad:

This is such a shame because MDNA is so freaking great, but like Erotica, it seems not many other than her hardcore fans will ever hear it.

You know I'm on Twitter now. I had to create an account for my Howard Stern bootlegger to give us the hookup. I think I might send Guy a line?

Many are doing it right now already. He knows that he(or his team) screwed everything up. They might have learned a lesson ou of this mess.

Many are doing it right now already. He knows that he(or his team) screwed everything up. They might have learned a lesson ou of this mess.

I want to ask him for Madonna tickets—anywhere. I have no money. :lol:

http://www.bild.de/unterhaltung/musik/madonna/mdna-album-total-flop-23558460.bild.html

" Das brachte ihr offiziell 359 000 verkaufte CDs ein.

Autsch! Das macht ein sattes Minus von 88 Prozent aus."

' That brings her official total of CD's sold to 359,000. That is a drop of 88%.. '

The Bild.de article is a rehash of the doom and gloom Forbes one but the sentiment is the same. :bad:

This is such a shame because MDNA is so freaking great, but like Erotica, it seems not many other than her hardcore fans will ever hear it.

they even mentioned it on RTL Punkt 12, and on ProSieben they called gaga the new queen of pop :S

they even mentioned it on RTL Punkt 12, and on ProSieben they called gaga the new queen of pop :S

Du bist doch auch in Wien, oder? Hast du schon IRGENDWO ein plakat fürs konzert oder irgendeine Werbung für MDNA gesehn?

Ich könnt kotzen

Du bist doch auch in Wien, oder? Hast du schon IRGENDWO ein plakat fürs konzert oder irgendeine Werbung für MDNA gesehn?

Ich könnt kotzen

Hallo =) ja bin ich lol, hab überhaupt nichts gesehen, es wurde ein paar mal in ÖSTERREICH erwähnt sonst nichts, hab auch einen Werbespot einige Male auf Viva gesehen.

Ich könnt auch kotzen, die Medien scheinen voll auf der Seite von Gaga zu sein, die Leute wissen nicht mal dass M ein neues Album draussen hat lol, echt nervig

People don't even understand the basic laws of gravity...you can't have immense highs (like having an international #1 album available on pre-orders) without having the low points. My only concern is that Guy O and Madonna's marketing team seem to be soley reliant on the tour as a means of promotion for MDNA. This is such a shame because MDNA is a fantastic album. I wish she would just make a surprise appearance on X Factor USA or American Idol to help sustain some sales. TV appearances are probably the most effective forms of promotion. If she can take a day out of her schedule to promote her perfume, can she not take a day out for a TV spot?

Hallo =) ja bin ich lol, hab überhaupt nichts gesehen, es wurde ein paar mal in ÖSTERREICH erwähnt sonst nichts, hab auch einen Werbespot einige Male auf Viva gesehen.

Ich könnt auch kotzen, die Medien scheinen voll auf der Seite von Gaga zu sein, die Leute wissen nicht mal dass M ein neues Album draussen hat lol, echt nervig

Ja genau das mein ich. :lol:

Sie braucht ja nicht in jeder talkshow rumhüpfen aber ein paar spots oder Plakate würden nicht schaden. Nur damit die Leute überhaupt wissen, dass sie kommt bzw dass es ein neues Album gibt.

Sonst seh ich fürs Konzert eher schwarz. Es gibt IMMER noch GC Karten auf oeticket :confused: ...