MDNA Promo Discussion - "non-traditional campaign"?

Apples388

they're doing a madonna documentary specifically on the second week sales of MDNA on TF1 in france later today. how's that for promo?

http://www.tf1.fr/50-mn-inside/les-emissions-tv/50-mn-inside-7129230.html

:nocomment:

Fucking idiots just release her best work and stop jerking around. :scared:

They/re devoting an ENTIRE documentary to her sales drop? TV must be pretty shit in France. :manson:

They/re devoting an ENTIRE documentary to her sales drop? TV must be pretty shit in France. :manson:

i think the whole show is 50 mins long and they're also gonna talk about movie stars etc. I'm not familiar with it. they're doing competitions on their twitter to get the MDNA cd, so that sounded good, but that description on their website is really, really bad.

if this is true, then madonna´s career is safe! remember, when an artist starts having career problems, nobody notices it, nobody talks about it, the artist simply starts disappearing...but if you have your own documentary to talk about how your album is only the third best seller of the world, then yes, your career is unstopable!

if this is true, then madonna´s career is safe! remember, when an artist starts having career problems, nobody notices it, nobody talks about it, the artist simply starts disappearing...but if you have your own documentary to talk about how your album is only the third best seller of the world, then yes, your career is unstopable!

very true.

I think M's team are requesting it get pointed out that "this is Madonna's only promotion for her album" since both Jimmy Fallon and UK Guy mentioned it- there must be a reason that will make sense later, lol.

about her sales drop in the US?? kinda stupid...has nothing to do with her sales in france

apparently she did an interview with a french journalist which you can watch here:

http://videos.tf1.fr/jt-we/madonna-chez-moi-tout-le-monde-parle-francais-sauf-moi-7169492.html

this isn't that "doc" though.. ;) clearly. the site still mentions that so maybe they'll show some "knowitalls" whine about madonna not being successful on a later show this evening.

edit: apparently they did a M vs LG kinda thing, about M's horrible sales and btw selling better (even though it also dropped 86% in its second week which they failed to mention) Hm.. it was on a program called 50m around 8pm.. missed it.

Guest groovyguy

apparently she did an interview with a french journalist which you can watch here:

http://videos.tf1.fr/jt-we/madonna-chez-moi-tout-le-monde-parle-francais-sauf-moi-7169492.html

this isn't that "doc" though.. ;) clearly. the site still mentions that so maybe they'll show some "knowitalls" whine about madonna not being successful on a later show this evening.

edit: apparently they did a M vs LG kinda thing, about M's horrible sales and btw selling better (even though it also dropped 86% in its second week which they failed to mention) Hm.. it was on a program called 50m around 8pm.. missed it.

Interview 20H TF1 (14.04.12)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwWJjJ06BCk&feature=youtu.be

Promoting #MDNA, #Madonna gave a super cool interview to French Channel TF1... Share ! ;) @MDNA http://pic.twitter.com/wup039ai

Aqdp5BQCMAA47m6.jpg

To be honest, I've found Madonna rather flat in recent interviews, but then I watched these clips and WOW! Sure, she looks gorgeous but is also completely compelling to watch. She's at her most interesting when she mixes it up as she does here, and is sort of intelligent and playful, regal and flirtatious. Can't wait to see the longer versions of these interviews.

translation?

I wanted to work with him because I love his music. I love working with djs who happen to be also musician and it is his case.

Q: what the title of your album means?

Madonna : I play with words. It’s my name without the first vowel(?) It’s also close to a name of a drug who gave us euphoria and I hope my album will give the same feeling.

Q: Is it a bit dangerous to use a wordplay with a drug influence?

Madonna : I don’t think calling my album MDNA will make people take drugs. I don’t have that power. If people want to take drugs, they will anyway.

Q. Is the Superbowl giving us any hints to your upcoming tour?

Madonna : Not exactly. I made that show over a circular stage. So we couldn’t had big screen… My tour will be different but I hope it will as exciting and spectacular. Anyway, I’m working hard right now and I hope it will be great.

Q: The tour will be very long. How you will handle it?

Madonna : Like a gypsy(LOL).

Q: And your children?

Madonna: My children will come with me and school too(LOL) I have great people around me. It’s a big entourage.

Q: Do you have a special relationship with France?

Madonna: I think I do. I’m working with a lot of french people and have a lot of friends too. Like I said earlier, ¾ of my dancers are French….. I hope one day I will speak French because at home, everybody does.

I am very sorry for my english. This is the best I can do.

I wanted to work with him because I love his music. I love working with djs who happen to be also musician and it is his case.

Madonna : I play with words. It’s my name without the first vowel(?) It’s also close to a name of a drug who gave us euphoria and I hope my album will give the same feeling.

Madonna : I don’t think calling my album MDNA will make people take drugs. I don’t have that power. If people want to take drugs, they will anyway.

Madonna : Not exactly. I made that show over a circular stage. So we couldn’t had big screen… My tour will be different but I hope it will as exciting and spectacular. Anyway, I’m working hard right now and I hope it will be great.

Madonna: My children will come with me and school too(LOL) I have great people around me. It’s a big entourage.

Madonna: I think I do. I’m working with a lot of french people and have a lot of friends too. Like I said earlier, ¾ of my dancers are French….. I hope one day I will speak French because at home, everybody does.

Your English is great! Thanks a lot for that!! :thumbsup:

I love that damage control interview! :chuckle: She looks soooooooo beautiful and very compelling to watch! Sadly she is not doing it because she really wants to and we all know the story behind this :gross: Sometimes is nicer just be a casual fan and check those things way after it happened. If we were casual fans we would not even know that Guy Oseary forced her to do this and we would only enjoy our queen. :|

such a sweetheart thanks!

Guest Not4Pussies

thank you.

Sadly she is not doing it because she really wants to and we all know the story behind this :gross:

But she is doing it.

So she does care.

She can't rest on her laurels. Like any venture - if it doesn't sell - you have to promote it. She knows that. They tried something different (lazy) and it failed. They will remember it and it won't be repeated next time.

its ridiculous they are doing the main promo via Facebook

she has to low internet presence

http://www.starcountsquared.com/facebook-rank/Worldwide/all/Music?page=3

And although her "promo" was very limited this week, she was still more visible than she was the week prior yet she's still dropping on that chart. She could do AI, Ellen....the whole works and yeah....she'd see a spike in sales for a week but then it'd drop right back down again. I still say had she promoted her ass off that opening week, the sales drop still would've been in the 60-70% range. Basically, it would just delay the inevitable.

MDNA was always destined to sell less than HC.

COADF- 1.7 million

HC- 770k

MDNA- 500k (hopefully within the next couple months)

Miracles happen though, hopefully I'll be proved wrong.

Ah well...without a lead hit single the album was destined to bomb unfortunately.:bruised:

Ah well...without a lead hit single the album was destined to bomb unfortunately. :bruised:

I think its too early to say its bombing. It's definitely under performing due to several factors. Lets see what

happens in the next few weeks.

I think its too early to say its bombing. It's definitely under performing due to several factors. Lets see what

happens in the next few weeks.

It's dropped in sales by 88% in its second week and it's not even in the top ten in the third week of release. Fingers crossed that it returns to the top 5 at least...but I highly doubt it...unless she does a few TV performances.

It's dropped in sales by 88% in its second week and it's not even in the top ten in the third week of release. Fingers crossed that it returns to the top 5 at least...but I highly doubt it...unless she does a few TV performances.

It was #15 in the UK midweeks and finished a #13. Someone mentioned on another forum that the album was reduced to a special

price in a 1 day deal on Amazon so that probably helped a bit.