MDNA Promo Discussion - "non-traditional campaign"?

Apples388

Ja genau das mein ich. :lol:

Sie braucht ja nicht in jeder talkshow rumhüpfen aber ein paar spots oder Plakate würden nicht schaden. Nur damit die Leute überhaupt wissen, dass sie kommt bzw dass es ein neues Album gibt.

Sonst seh ich fürs Konzert eher schwarz. Es gibt IMMER noch GC Karten auf oeticket :confused: ...

Oje lol :lol:

Guest bulgar

Guy Oseary ‏ @guyoseary

@xavier69 @kakadre @Perfume_Girl there will be a few tv interviews happening tomorrow night for the album.. but then back into Tour mode..

Guy Oseary ‏ @guyoseary

@ChrisFox72 thank you. Tomorrow night with all the press coming for launch of perfume at Macys will provide an opportunity to promote MDNA

I CAN'T. :rotfl:

Guillermo Fojaco ‏ @guillof

@guyoseary M should really do at least one tv performance while she is in USA. I would love to see her!!!

Guy Oseary ‏ @guyoseary

@guillof if we can get further along in the next few weeks with the tour, we will do one.. We have one in mind.. but no promises..

Guy Oseary ‏ @guyoseary

@xavier69 @kakadre @Perfume_Girl there will be a few tv interviews happening tomorrow night for the album.. but then back into Tour mode..

Guy Oseary ‏ @guyoseary

@ChrisFox72 thank you. Tomorrow night with all the press coming for launch of perfume at Macys will provide an opportunity to promote MDNA

Seriously Guy O...first you say it is a non-traditional campaign then when her album free falls (because of nothing promoting it - hello!) you then decide to do traditional campaigning. What a fucking FIRST CLASS mess. Oh well, maybe M and G will learn next time around. :rolleyes:

From UK mix

Guy Oseary via twitter inform us that tomorrow for the presentation of Truth or Date at Macy's Herald Square, Madonna will answer of some questions from the fans and she'll give some interviews to the press.

He also tweeted that TUTR " feeling like the next single".

What's the point if they cant get the radio, video and itune dates in sync? It will just be another flop.

Coldplay have had big sales with their latest album. I thinks it's sold 1.1 million in the UK and its approaching 5 million ww.

To be fair though they have done a lot of tv promo, interviews and free shows. I think if an group/artist wants a hit album they have

to be prepared to promote. Madonna has ignored the usual promo this time around probably because after 30 years she is bored with

the same questions and probably because a lot of the interviewers are a lot younger than her. In the last few years she seems uncomfortable

and irritated when being interviewed. Ellen would be good at interviewing her and would probably be fun. I think they will have a problem with her next tour

if she doesn't do the usual promo. For this tour she has no hit single. GMAYL was mediocre and fell of the charts quickly and GGW had fared even worse. She likes

to devote half of her show to her new album but if the public aren't interested in her next album or don't feel they connect with the era then they aren't going

to rush to buy her tickets especially at the prices she charges. Many of european shows have not sold out and some shows are apparently struggling.

Her hardcore fanbase is getting older and probably have different priorities in life than attending multiple shows. MDNA is a great album but the general public

just aren't warming to it. I don't think she will get many sales from people attending the shows unless they have something up their sleeves.

The 'Oooh I'm seeing Madonna for the very time' thing is starting 2 wear off' A lot of casual fans had their fix in a lot of concert markets

that were madonna starved for years and years...and u do have a point. I consider Madonna 2 still b a pretty 'vital' artist but the majority of

audiences that come 2 C her 'Stadium Tours' r there 4 the hits...and for those people her shows have sometimes been a relative disappointment.

The 'Oooh I'm seeing Madonna for the very time' thing is starting 2 wear off' A lot of casual fans had their fix in a lot of concert markets

that were madonna starved for years and years...and u do have a point. I consider Madonna 2 still b a pretty 'vital' artist but the majority of

audiences that come 2 C her 'Stadium Tours' r there 4 the hits...and for those people her shows have sometimes been a relative disappointment.

My sister enjoyed the SS show but she wasn't happy about the REINVENTED version of La Isla Bonita. :lol:

This people wants to hear the album version and it's easy to understand why, it's the music they love and it brings memories back. I want the album versions too but as a fan i can enjoy her recreations, unless she doesn't murder them on a fucking guitar! :manson:

Guy Oseary ‏ @guyoseary

Guy Oseary ‏ @guyoseary

OH GUY

BLESS YOUR SOUL. GOD HAVE MERCY.

:megamanson:

Completely agree. They need to be a lot more realistic about the price of the tickets and the size of venue

that she plays. She has toured many countries so often in the last 10 years that casual fans are not prepared to keeping parting

with large sums of money for a show where she re invents half of her hits and plays her new stuff in the other half.

My sister enjoyed the SS show but she wasn't happy about the REINVENTED version of La Isla Bonita. :lol:

This people wants to hear the album version and it's easy to understand why, it's the music they love and it brings memories back. I want the album versions too but as a fan i can enjoy her recreations, unless she doesn't murder them on a fucking guitar! :manson:

The thing is I LOVE a good RE-ARRANGEMENT! But when it's re-invention 4 the sake of re-invention then it's just 2 much/forced imo.

Just listen 2 the Girlie Show, u can tell those arrangements just grew organically in a rehearsal space with musicians.

I ADORE Sticky & Sweet...& I guess I'm one of the few people that actually likes HU...but stuff like Into Groove was a mess 2 my ears.

It took out all the magic, 2 much going on...I fucking loathe the whole DJ/mash-up premise.

Lack of promotion would be to blame here: (just posted on CNN)

Madonna on track for record sales drop?

Madonna had the biggest album debut of the year with her new offering, "MDNA," but the disc's second week sales may lead to a less flattering record.

Forbes reports that the superstar's latest is on track to have the biggest second-week drop in chart history.

Contributor Roger Friedman is hedging his bets that "when all the numbers are in on Tuesday night, 'MDNA' will have fallen from No. 1 by 88 percent - from 359,000 copies in its first week to roughly 46,000 the second week." :scared:

Fans who purchased tickets to Madonna's upcoming tour, which launches May 29, were given the option to purchase the album as part of a bundle, and those sales contributed to Madge's attention-grabbing debut.

“Most of Madonna’s first week sales were CDs that were included in the sale of concert tickets,” Friedman says. “That promotion artificially inflated Madonna’s numbers, putting her first before Lionel Richie and his [new] ‘Tuskegee’ album."

The sales of "MDNA" earned Madonna her eighth No. 1 album on the Billboard 200, but according to Friedman, Richie is the true chart victor.

“In the second week, Richie fell only 47 percent, and sold about 110,000 albums,” he continues, predicting that “‘Tuskegee’ will now finish much higher than ‘MDNA.'"

tumblr_m2ah23wkrF1qzwglb

WHAT? Is he actually for real with that? How the hell would he know! :manson: Just when I thought that turd couldn't make my skin crawl anymore.

Aside from parroting platitudes, it's actually the OPPOSITE, from the time of her first single/album Madonna actually started out with a bit of respect and credibility, then in came Like a Virgin and the perception changed big time with the conscious (and fabulous) image shift that pushed her into legendom. This "manager" doesn't even know his own artist, Seymour Stein needs to give him a history lesson. CUNT.

Was S&S ITG really worse than Miss E ITG? I liked the look of the ropes, seemed like another great fun gimmick. :fag:

I'm not talking about the visuals, RIT wasn't the best ever but on Sticky it had 2 many samples, like 7 songs at the same time.

lack of promotion, terrible single choices (as much I like GGW wasn't the proper single release). This happens when you do all at the same time: movie, album, tour, fragance.

Well done! :clap:

And she has given everything more attention than the album. She has time to do a Macy's appareance for Truth or Dare but not a 2 segment interview on a talk show or live performance on American Idol? I'm starting to think it really is all about the money. Is that the only reason she releases albums anymore? So she has an excuse to tour?

The latest from Guy

@guyoseary M should really do at least one tv performance while she is in USA. I would love to see her!!!

Guy´s answer:

@guillof if we can get further along in the next few weeks with the tour, we will do one.. We have one in mind.. but no promises..

i really feel that they have miscalculated the effects of the Superbowl..had she gone thru the same promo like doing tv,mags, radio an appearance on some popular talent show.MDNA would have fared better..#just sayin.

lack of promotion, terrible single choices (as much I like GGW wasn't the proper single release). This happens when you do all at the same time: movie, album, tour, fragance.

Well done! :clap:

And the winner is.....

GUY OSEARY!!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

dumb-ass-award.jpg

And she has given everything more attention than the album. She has time to do a Macy's appareance for Truth or Dare but not a 2 segment interview on a talk show or live performance on American Idol? I'm starting to think it really is all about the money. Is that the only reason she releases albums anymore? So she has an excuse to tour?

I seriously think they are starting to loose it. This era is becoming an unnecessary mess.

Dreadful decision for GMAYL to be the lead single. No promo lined up,

nothing is co ordinated properly, headlines for all the wrong reasons. How ridiculous to say there is

no time to promote the album but there is time to promote her perfume. The perfume launch should never

have been scheduled in around the album and tour rehearsals in the first place.

:lmao:

so embarrasing telling a manager how to get things done. They don't give a fly. ITS ALL ABOUT THE TOUR TOUR TOUR TOUR.

As acko said, my last advice for GO is to vanish from this twitter mess to avoid any further embarrassment. The situation is already too delicate to PLAY. :hurt:

I'm not talking about the visuals, RIT wasn't the best ever but on Sticky it had 2 many samples, like 7 songs at the same time.

Yeah I was gon' say, I agree with that part of your post in particular - new arrangements pwn that mash-up shyt. One has to be careful there - what was another, Calvin Cunt Face Harris in Frozen, wtf?! On the other hand I can see the need 4 change 2 these overplayed warhorses, but I also see the "play the original single version you cunt!" side too. The LAP mash-up was genius mind you.

I was thinking in Whores Gone Wild she should morph into 808 State, her next rave classic to incorporate - when I hear those 808 drums. :lmao:

:confessions:

Wow finally on twittes Guy said they are thinking of ONE TV PERFORMANCE in upocoming weeks in USA :):

Guillermo Fojaco ‏ @guillof

Risposta RitwittatoRetweet

Elimina

Aggiunto ai preferitiPreferiti · Chiudi Apri Dettagli @guyoseary M should really do at least one tv performance while she is in USA. I would love to see her!!!

48m Guy Oseary ‏ @guyoseary

Risposta RitwittatoRetweet Elimina Aggiunto ai preferitiPreferiti · Chiudi Apri Dettagli

In risposta a Guillermo Fojaco Nascondi conversazione