MDNA Promo Discussion - "non-traditional campaign"?

Apples388

Madonna needs new fresh blood in her team. She has been with the same people for almost 20 years now (Guy, Arianne...) and she needs a reinvention.

Between W.E , Material girl, the perfume, music seems like just another branch of the Madonna brand. When her best and most respected albums were released she promoted them as a musician, like someone who wanted to be taken seriously. Stuck between perfume and cheap shoes, MDNA seems like just another business venture.

Spot on. I heartily agree. :thumbsup:

:clap:

Er, sorry but what is with this defeatist attitude? Madonna CAN have hits if she wants. Maybe not massive, world conquering hits like she had in her heyday (which wasn't that far back in the past anyway) but she can get songs on the radio. What's with the applauding the OH WELL SHES DONE WHATEVER BAI MADONNA posts?

From Digital Spy

Madonna will have a special morning dedicated to her on UK television next week when she will be interviewed by Dan Wootton, to be spread across both ITV1's Daybreak and Lorraine shows next Friday, April 20.

Wootton revealed that it will be Madonna's only UK interview this summer as she promotes her latest album MDNA.

In a short clip ahead of next week's broadcast, Madonna revealed what she does and doesn't miss about living in the UK.

"I miss riding my bike everywhere, I miss the British sense of humour," she said. "What [do] I miss the least? The congestion charge."

Madonna will talk about a range of subjects including her thoughts on Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, Adele and motherhood.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a376260/madonna-for-daybreak-lorraine-interview-next-week.html

The words DAMAGE CONTROL and PANIC BUTTON spring to mind. A few weeks ago we were told not to think "traditionally".

Now the album is in freefall in major markets they are back peddling and resorting to more "traditional" promo

:rotfl::rotfl:

And sorry but who the fuck wants to hear about her riding a bike and not paying the congestion charge?

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Er, sorry but what is with this defeatist attitude? Madonna CAN have hits if she wants. Maybe not massive, world conquering hits like she had in her heyday (which wasn't that far back in the past anyway) but she can get songs on the radio. What's with the applauding the OH WELL SHES DONE WHATEVER BAI MADONNA posts?

:clap: Cher had a hit with Believe in her 50's so can Madonna. She did it with HU and she could do it again.

She just needs a decent song with worldwide appeal, no lame L-U-V cheerleader parts a PROPERLY ORGANISED

promo campaign and BIG PERFORMANCE.

Album is just an excuse to go on Tour. Period. And i don't care about that. I bought MDNA, LOVE MDNA and will love the MDNA tour. Who cares about this fucking chart thing?

From Digital Spy

Madonna will have a special morning dedicated to her on UK television next week when she will be interviewed by Dan Wootton, to be spread across both ITV1's Daybreak and Lorraine shows next Friday, April 20.

Wootton revealed that it will be Madonna's only UK interview this summer as she promotes her latest album MDNA.

In a short clip ahead of next week's broadcast, Madonna revealed what she does and doesn't miss about living in the UK.

"I miss riding my bike everywhere, I miss the British sense of humour," she said. "What [do] I miss the least? The congestion charge."

Madonna will talk about a range of subjects including her thoughts on Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, Adele and motherhood.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a376260/madonna-for-daybreak-lorraine-interview-next-week.html

The words DAMAGE CONTROL and PANIC BUTTON spring to mind. A few weeks ago we were told not to think "traditionally".

Now the album is in freefall in major markets they are back peddling and resorting to more "traditional" promo

And sorry but who the fuck wants to hear about her riding a bike and not paying the congestion charge?

for heavens sake, these posts are really getting ridiculous.. she is the process of rehearsing for a MAJOR TOUR that will have her on the road for the rest of this year and possibly part of the next!!! The woman is 53, has 4 kids and has reigned supreme for 30 years....be f#cking grateful she is still giving us music. NAME one OTHER artist who at her age gives their fans this much....some of the people posting on here really need to put things into perspective and stop being so"ignorant and judgmental"... :) like the press they criticize.

I think people are overreacting. The only bad thing about selling little is when main media decides to destroy you because you have underperformed. After HC and MDNA, Madonna has reached a status where no big sales or big hits are expected from her, but being just herfself and being up there for new artists to be inspired. If Madonna sells suddenly a lot with a single or with an album, oh very good, but if she doesn't NOBODY in general public cares because she's Madonna.

Nobody cares if Bruce Springsteen is selling one million or half million in his first week because he's BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN. And Madonna reached that status long ago, specially after Hard Candy, when it was pretty clear that pop music was moving without her.

The better people accept this, the more they will enjoy every little bit of greatness that is this fantastic era.

i would love her to sell 10 million copies and have trasatlantic top 5 singles...but it´s not happening.I´m more surprised with the lack of top ten singles in the UK, I always thought the US was going to be the first country to have a madonna album without a top ten, but obviously, so far, I was wrong.My problem with this era is not that she has sold 1 million copies in two weeks, instead of two million copies, or 5, or ten...I am a madonna fan because of her music, and I think she´s not being respectful with it.The pictures, interviews, performances, IMO, were a way to let people know she had new music out, and a way to respect her job.And it seems she doesn´t like her job anymore.Listen, I don´t care about her hobbies, I will buy the cologne as I bought the children books, and as I went to the cinema to watch her films...but as far as I´m concern, that´s what madonna does in her spare time, and not her job! she gives interviews and has marvellous pictures for the cologne, the films, the fucking books...good for her. But, what made me a fan, was, is her music! even with AL, an era that, well, I didnñt like the first single, I couldnt´ understand why she banned her own video, and what happened with some singles...but she cared.She was out there talking about music and singing it! she even sang Like a virgin, a thing that looked as a miracle in 2003!!!! and i was happy with it: we even had some marvellous remixes!

But, in this era, she´s not taking care of the album, with stupid decisions (what is happening with the remixes, with the physical cds with only one remix, no pictures...WEIRD decidions).And that´s what I´m not liking so far.She´s not respecting her art, her music, and, let´s face it, without the music, she´s nothing.

and then, at least, we have the tour.I hope is an incredible tour, but she seems more concerned, or they seemed more concerned about the amount of millions she´s going to make than having a marvellous show for the fans...at least that happened with S&S, we don´t know it yet with this.Well, we know, so far, that she´s singing in stadiums, and that fucks 75% of the show.I´m sure most of fans in europe would prefer her to sing the 16 new songs from the album, only 4 old songs, as she did in 2001, but have the opportunity to actually see her performing without a huge screen

and of course we have a great album, that´s why I´m still here

Album is just an excuse to go on Tour. Period. And i don't care about that. I bought MDNA, LOVE MDNA and will love the MDNA tour. Who cares about this fucking chart thing?

A good part of her Madonnanation fans apparently :manson:

Sometimes i feel that some people stan more for the SALES than anything. She's still making awesome music and is about to go on a massive tour, isn't that already great at THIS moment of her career?

WPW promise... this is teh first time i saw you writing tjhings like this.

I must say, since I respect you a lot, I will consider carefully what you are saying.

From Digital Spy

Who the fuck wants to hear from you also???? Not me.

The interviewer asked her! He wanted to know! More questions will be asked! Don't blame Madonna for these questions! God some of you so damn horrible and nasty.

It's horrible coming to this forum, just ruining the enjoyment of listening to a great album. Be lucky she's not MJ, Whitney who are dead! I want to enjoy but when I come here, it's all overrating and nasty comments. For goodness, she's over 50!!! Enjoy it while it last, she's not gonna be here forever!!!

From Digital Spy

backpedal.gif

FASTER, PUSSYCAT ... :lol:

Be lucky she's not MJ, Whitney who are dead! Iforever!!!

of course!!!!!

anyways, there are another threads where we talk about how much we love the album, and how beautiful she looked yesterday!! not everything is drama here!

From Digital Spy

I think that's one reason why she doesn't like to do interviews anymore.They ask her the dumbest questions ;) It would be cool to see an entire interview that focuses only on the new album.

I think that's one reason why she doesn't like to do interviews anymore.They ask her the dumbest questions ;) It would be cool to see an entire interview that focuses only on the new album.

Exactly. I assume that's why the interviews were set up in the first place - to discuss the album/tour

Guest groovyguy

That's why I love the The Larry Flick interview:

do you mean, talking just about the music??? :drool::drool::drool:

I would ask her: from the songs on the album, which ones have melodies that were your idea, which ones were pretty much finished when you hear them, how did you choose the producers, why is orbit suddenly back, why is Stuar disappeared, which songs have real instruments and which ones not...

Fans like to see their favorite act do well- and Madonna still does. She ain't ever gonna have the kind of success she once had. Once some accept that and not panic at every plunge down the charts, they'll be better off. And this comes from a very avid chart watcher. :gent:

I'd like to see her do some more promotional appearances for the album other than the tour, but, unfortunately, we have no control over that.

From Digital Spy

Well they asked her the effing question :lol:

Oh Markm. These hourly meltdowns you have are getting old. Enough already.

Yes. Is that much to ask? Can't her mamager instruct at least one interviewer for once to talk about ONLY THE MUSIC? :confused:

Guest Xanthium

Why are you laughing markm? This is what we want. PROMO. I'm glad she's getting off her ass and trying to rectify this mess. If she has to answer a bunch of stupid questions about British life then so be it! That's what promo is all about. Endearing yourself in some way to the general public so they buy your product. I think she should go on Loose Women and drink some tea with those hoes :rotfl:

She's not done. She simply is in another part of the pop business right now. She will never be done. But being in that part of pop means that she's nearer to Sting and Rolling Stones now than Rihanna, and that's pretty clear looking at what has happened in the last 4 years.

Why are you laughing markm? This is what we want. PROMO. I'm glad she's getting off her ass and trying to rectify this mess. If she has to answer a bunch of stupid questions about British life then so be it! That's what promo is all about. Endearing yourself in some way to the general public so they buy your product. I think she should go on Loose Women and drink some tea with those hoes :rotfl:

Could you imagine??? Well at least on loose women Carol is a huge fan and would get a lot out of M. Janet is a semi friend isnt she? Although I know Janets also friends with Elton.