MDNA Promo Discussion - "non-traditional campaign"?

Apples388

That could be simply fixed with a new manager team. Clearly Guy Oseary and his team are not in the position to deal with this. As someone else said here, this is the first time he faces this situation (a bombing album/singles), and we all know what happened to Caresse after AL....

Where's freddy?

She needs a new manager, and go far far far away from benassi & solveig, really I don't care if, by the end, this era is half a success, because it isn't a flop at all. True you can find places for any dates here in europe, true she doesn't have a hit single, but she archieved many things during this era, and is just the bigining.

Then, she should just start to think about our career and how she want it to end. If she's not interessed in music anymore ok, but why bother signing with interscope for 3 albums????

this is the beggining of the end!!!! scary!!!

You get on my tits.

(PS with Hyde park they can just keep adding and adding.The initial tix did sell out, they are making it bigger.)

Perhaps a theatrical trailer (video) for "Gang Bang" followed by a full on performance of "Girl Gone Wild" THE CURRENT SINGLE WHICH NO ONE KNOWS ABOUT.

i love that

but i say ditch ggw and gmayl and focus on the deeper/edgier material instead

Some of us already staking Guy O to retire? How quick of us to forget that he was responsible for making the Superbowl happen - perhaps the best Madonna moment of the last five years. I'm perhaps in a small group here, but I don't really care much about the album sales.

Some of us already staking Guy O to retire? How quick of us to forget that he was responsible for making the Superbowl happen - perhaps the best Madonna moment of the last five years. I'm perhaps in a small group here, but I don't really care much about the album sales.

The management is not limited to give the artist a ONE big gig and that's it. It's a conjunture of decisions, and they are not making good ones.

Quite frankly I think it's the opposite, it's ridiculous that fans of a woman that has NOTHING LEFT TO PROVE are so obsessed with ruthlessly and relentlessly attacking a brand new girl that dares to have success. But you get idiots on both sides I guess

OH WELL WHAT CAN YOU DO

Well, I only visit this forum on the regular but I "stop by" others here and there and I guess because a lot of her fans are tweens/young adults they obviously have more time (and passion) to organize campaigns, spread death wishes on Twitter and just spew bullshit in general. At least MOST Madonna fans have the decency to keep the rants about the copycat in the Madonna forum amongst themselves. I mean, I can't read comments under a video of Madonna on YouTube without a little monster putting their uninformed 2 cents in. I guess seeing/hearing this wannabe chick BLATANTLY rip off the real deal can stimulate some animosity from time to time. I mean...look how the monsters reacted to GGW....claiming Madonna was ripping their girl off :lol: .....nevermind everything in that video is stuff Madonna did 20+ years ago in her videos. But yes, there are indeed idiots on both sides no doubt.

Where's freddy?

She needs a new manager, and go far far far away from benassi & solveig, really I don't care if, by the end, this era is half a success, because it isn't a flop at all. True you can find places for any dates here in europe, true she doesn't have a hit single, but she archieved many things during this era, and is just the bigining.

Then, she should just start to think about our career and how she want it to end. If she's not interessed in music anymore ok, but why bother signing with interscope for 3 albums????

Amen to the Benassi thing. ( The Demolition crew saved "I'm addicted")

I highlighted your lapsus "our career" because it really sounds like it when i read some stuff written here. Why blame Guy or anyone else at the end of the day we know Madonna does what Madonna wants. Not talking about the album, doing interviews about how the album came up is telling compared to everything she did to promote the shit that is "W.E" and talk about her passion for it and filming.

Liz Rosenberg on MDNA Sales Drop: "The Game Ain't Over!"

When asked about reports saying that MDNA has already crashed and burned, Madonna's longtime publicist, Liz Rosenberg, had something to say to the Huffington Post…

"Can't deny that there [was] a drop on the second week of sales, and a significant one, but I would not say the CD tanked.

It still has had the highest debut of 2012 and was number one in many countries.

And the game ain't over."

Madonna's MDNA sales may have plummeted in the new record's second week of release, but her entourage say it would be foolish to count the Queen of Pop out just yet.

An unnamed friend of Madonna told the Huffington Post…

"This is Madonna's 12th album in a 30-year career.

She just beat Elvis' record for number ones in the UK.

That's a career that anyone in the music business would kill to have.

Plus, she did no traditional TV appearances to promote it.

Just wait until her sold-out tour starts and more singles are released.

That's when Madonna will start pushing the CD hard."

http://www.madonnara...game-aint-over/

I'm sorry but this is just delusional shit. How will she be able to promote singles whilst she is on tour. As if she's going to find time to stop off for TV appearances? Some people need a reality check!

Can someone tell me what the fuck is happening here in the UK with this album and potential singles? It is one of her biggest markets and two weeks post album release I hear nothing.

I know her tour dates have sold well, Edinburgh is near sold out with only seats at the back of the stadium left, I am sure Hyde Park will have at least 50,000 people at it and Birmingham has sold well, but she can do so much more.

AMEN. I'm in the UK too and it's like tumbleweed on the MDNA front. If she's too arrogant to bother promoting her music anymore I wish she would just retire. Honestly.

Very true!

BUT, this is a public relations disaster.

It's obvious Guy works well as a tour manager, but maybe M now needs a manager who solely manages her albums/singles/videos?

Guest I'llTeachYouHowTo...

i really hope they have something planned to save this whole...mess.

i accepted long ago that she would never be the big IT thing of the moment ever again, and that her hits would become more scarce each album, but right now, it really does seem like everything is just...collapsing.

then again, it looked like that during the american life era, and we all know what happened next, so i don't think it's very wise to say it's all over just yet. either way, the album is amazing...pretty much everything i wanted from her this time and more, and if it falls off the charts completely next week, my love for it, and her, won't change. i do hate seeing the media, and her own fans, ripping her to shreds, though. i know, she's used to it at this point, and i can certainly understand why fans are upset, but it still bothers me...

oh well...bring on the tour.

Guest I'llTeachYouHowTo...

It's obvious Guy works well as a tour manager, but maybe M now needs a manager who solely manages her albums/singles/videos?

this wouldn't be such a bad idea, actually.

i'm not part of the 'FIRE HIM NOW!!!' brigade, but i don't think it would hurt if she made a few management changes, either.

i really hope they have something planned to save this whole...mess.

i accepted long ago that she would never be the big IT thing of the moment ever again, and that her hits would become more scarce each album, but right now, it really does seem like everything is just...collapsing.

then again, it looked like that during the american life era, and we all know what happened next, so i don't think it's very wise to say it's all over just yet. either way, the album is amazing...pretty much everything i wanted from her this time and more, and if it falls off the charts completely next week, my love for it, and her, won't change. i do hate seeing the media, and her own fans, ripping her to shreds, though. i know, she's used to it at this point, and i can certainly understand why fans are upset, but it still bothers me...

oh well...bring on the tour.

Truth is, she has brought this all on her self...and call me a flop fan but I'm getting bored of the whole MDNA era and the strategic mess that it is already. It seems she only wants to pimp her products and merchandise such as the tour and the perfume...she wants our money yet she is not prepared to even make the effort to promote to us...where is the connection and the honesty with her fanbase? (And I'm not talking about the pointless Twatter debacle either.) Why is she ONLY about the money now? Sad times.

Liz Rosenberg on MDNA Sales Drop: "The Game Ain't Over!"

When asked about reports saying that MDNA has already crashed and burned, Madonna's longtime publicist, Liz Rosenberg, had something to say to the Huffington Post…

"Can't deny that there [was] a drop on the second week of sales, and a significant one, but I would not say the CD tanked.

It still has had the highest debut of 2012 and was number one in many countries.

And the game ain't over."

Madonna's MDNA sales may have plummeted in the new record's second week of release, but her entourage say it would be foolish to count the Queen of Pop out just yet.

An unnamed friend of Madonna told the Huffington Post…

"This is Madonna's 12th album in a 30-year career.

She just beat Elvis' record for number ones in the UK.

That's a career that anyone in the music business would kill to have.

Plus, she did no traditional TV appearances to promote it.

Just wait until her sold-out tour starts and more singles are released.

That's when Madonna will start pushing the CD hard."

http://www.madonnara...game-aint-over/

How stupid is she? the highest debut of 2012 just last about 24 hours. Then what? start working your ass off!

We'll see if we get more singles released. There's no one to blame but Madonna. She is not in control of her career like she used to.

The news about MDNA dropping like a brick in the US is all over the media. It's a PR disaster.

I don't care what anyone says if she had got off her backside and done some traditional promotion

the fall in sales would not have been so big and this whole mess could have been avoided.

This "untraditional promo" thing has backfired spectacularly. It's not just in the US that the album is in freefall.

It's dropping fast in Europe. Who came up with master plan of twitter chats, posting pictures of her bruises on Facebook

and turning up at the Miami music festival to ask where Molly is?

The news about MDNA dropping like a brick in the US is all over the media. It's a PR disaster.

I don't care what anyone says if she had got off her backside and done some traditional promotion

the fall in sales would not have been so big and this whole mess could have been avoided.

This "untraditional promo" thing has backfired spectacularly. It's not just in the US that the album is in freefall.

It's dropping fast in Europe. Who came up with master plan of twitter chats, posting pictures of her bruises on Facebook

and turning up at the Miami music festival to ask where Molly is?

worst ever. :lmao:

For a second, i thought this was a part of non-traditional promo as well. :lmao: MDNA hit high and low in 2 week period!

Awaits 5 paragraph essay from neutrocks.

This is a discussion forum. People have a right to say how they feel. A lot of us are pissed off that they have messed this

era up. If you don't like it you can always stay out of the thread or use the ignore button. We know she is going to have a

successful tour we get it. It doesn't make up for the fact that this era has been badly managed. The fact the her team are panicking

and trying to throw together some lame tv interviews at this stage in the game says it all.

Look, I'm just as big of a fan of the "traditional" promo as the rest of you. Ideally, it would be great if she would promote her album hardcore then tour. I've always enjoyed following her chart trajectories of singles and albums during her "eras" and it looks like this one isn't going to have much to follow, but I get why she's not focused on that. It actually makes more sense for her NOT to be.

You say "we know she's going to have a successful tour" as a footnote but she's a LIVE NATION artist now so at this point having a successful tour is the primary goal and DOES make for a successful era in their eyes. At least that's what I'm gathering based on how the last couple of eras have been handled and the fact that she deliberately chose to not go with a conventional record deal. She obviously WANTS to do things differently. Some of the fans need to shit or get off the pot....this is Madonna circa 2012, take it or leave it ya know?

I'm sorry but the "damage control" you are over dramatizing is probably little things they already had in the works that they were keeping under wraps. After the bombardment of fanatical, loony Tweets Guy has received I'd throw a bone out too just to shut people up....and quite frankly, I'll believe it when I see it. It wouldn't surprise me if this "damage control" ever comes to fruition. That's his way of saying "LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE." :lol: Even if the event tonight is supposed to be for "perfume promotion", being that her album is 2 weeks old it's inevitable that it would come up at some point this evening anyways.

The Ultra Festival in Miami wasn't exactly a futile exercise as it was somewhat the first flagship dance event by Live Nation. It's been earmarked by New York Times as the next big touring money making venture. It needed Live Nation's Queen Madonna its blessing. Whether it did something for her benefit on the other hand...

All the focus is the tour and no promo but how about "us" fans here in far away, always ignored South East Asia who has never seen Madonna live in concert... besides a great album, few magazine covers in major publications and tv appearances will make me somehow happy.

You bring up a great point! If she IS going to go head first into the "new model" then she needs to make she sure she visits ALL the markets....a true world tour. Not skip Australia and South East Asia etc.