MDNA Promo Discussion - "non-traditional campaign"?

Apples388

Guest bulgar

funny how since there is literally ZERO official promo for the album, now Guy's fucking TWITTER account is turning into the only NEWS source for fans.

pathetic.

funny how since there is literally ZERO official promo for the album, now Guy's fucking TWITTER account is turning into the only NEWS source for fans.

pathetic.

I know. It's a steaming pile of shit...and just to think they've had gold dust in their hands with MDNA yet continue to fuck it up.

The fact is that flop album will always have a big negative impact in the media. Having that in mind, they should be concerned to promote it even if they don't make money out of it.

They are in panic mode.

And they should be. You have to wonder sometimes who's more stupid, the person that gives the bad advise or the person that actually follows it. It doesn't make any sense to release an album and not bother to take some time to promote it. Instead she's spending her time preparing for a tour from an album that's dropping "quicker than a ray of light" sales wise. When was the last time that she actually had a hit single on her own? If you expect to overcharge your fans to see you on tour then shouldn't we expect at least a recent hit single? She can only live off from her past hits from the 80's and 90's for so long before we all get tired of hearing them over and over. She's a great performer, in my opinion she's the BEST but when it comes to promoting she's awful at it.

Because she seems to surround herself with arseholes who will not tell her the God's honest truth about her ideas, plans and decisions. She is surrounded by 'YES' people whose main job is to blow smoke up her rear passage rather than help her to really sell her shit with some degree of intelligence. She is becoming the way Michael Jackson was before his demise - completely out of touch with the real world.

I agree, she's becoming out of touch with the general public not just her fans. I don't think she's as screwed up as Michael was, at least she' not a drug addict, but when it comes to handling her promotion it seems that she doesn't care or doesn't want to be bother by it. She has to remember that she's in her 50's, she should be thankful that she's still relevant because in pop music, everyone has a shelve life and she's very lucky that she's been able to out good music until now but she has to work on promoting it as well. Just because she's Madonna doesn't guarantee it's going to sell anything. Just like at her last movie, although it was limited release it still didn't do that good in the theaters where it open. And now we have this album, which is a great album but nobody is bothering promoting it. But yet she's expecting us to pay at least $300 for a decent seat on her tour?

And they should be. You have to wonder sometimes who's more stupid, the person that gives the bad advise or the person that actually follows it. It doesn't make any sense to release an album and not bother to take some time to promote it. Instead she's spending her time preparing for a tour from an album that's dropping "quicker than a ray of light" sales wise. When was the last time that she actually had a hit single on her own? If you expect to overcharge your fans to see you on tour then shouldn't we expect at least a recent hit single? She can only live off from her past hits from the 80's and 90's for so long before we all get tired of hearing them over and over. She's a great performer, in my opinion she's the BEST but when it comes to promoting she's awful at it.

POST OF LIFE

Im a bit thick so sorry if this sounds stupid but I bet Madge gets updates from Guy when shes having her makeup done TOD style. He'd tell her shes at number one in 50 countries, the no promo plan has worked and high fives her. He's an arse licker that has got it TOTALLY wrong.

And now we have this album, which is a great album but nobody is bothering promoting it. But yet she's expecting us to pay at least $300 for a decent seat on her tour?

What does whether she promotes or not have to do with whether you are willing to pay $300 for a seat on her tour? You are paying that money because you want to see a great show. She is working hard on rehearsing for the tour to give you that. You are not paying for her to promote. Yes, it would have been nice if she had done more promotion for the album. But I really don't see why people get so worked up about her not doing interviews or tv appearances. If she doesn't promote, that may hurt her album sales but that only affects her really. I don't see why so many fans take the lack of promotion as some kind of personal insult.

Because its part of every fan journey! That's how it works!!!!

That's what I said before, it's not really about selling records, it's about seeing her, which I can understand. As I said before, maybe they could film some behind the scenes stuff on the rehearsals and release that and that might satisfy fans.

What does whether she promotes or not have to do with whether you are willing to pay $300 for a seat on her tour? You are paying that money because you want to see a great show. She is working hard on rehearsing for the tour to give you that. You are not paying for her to promote. Yes, it would have been nice if she had done more promotion for the album. But I really don't see why people get so worked up about her not doing interviews or tv appearances. If she doesn't promote, that may hurt her album sales but that only affects her really. I don't see why so many fans take the lack of promotion as some kind of personal insult.

Ok....Promoting an album can lead to having a hit single(s) and album...when was the last time she had a hit single? I'm not talking about the quality of her music because in my opinion MDNA poops all over other albums that are out there by younger singers. Not everyone that pays over $200 is a die hard fan and if they've never heard anything recently from Madonna on the radio a lot of them will not want to pay that much money. It's like Cindy Lauper or Mariah trying to charge that much money for their concerts where they'll be playing songs you've never heard before.

Ok....Promoting an album can lead to having a hit single(s) and album...when was the last time she had a hit single? I'm not talking about the quality of her music because in my opinion MDNA poops all over other albums that are out there by younger singers. Not everyone that pays over $200 is a die hard fan and if they've never heard anything recently from Madonna on the radio a lot of them will not want to pay that much money. It's like Cindy Lauper or Mariah trying to charge that much money for their concerts where they'll be playing songs you've never heard before.

Madonna has had so many hit singles in the past. Does another one make that much difference? People are paying a large amount of money not to hear a recent single, but the combination of older songs and more importantly in the case of Madonna because they know she is an amazing performer with a wild threatrical show. Cyndi and Mariah just get up and sing and don't put on elaborate spectacle performances that excite people. Look at all the recent hits Katy Perry and Rihanna have. That doesn't always make people excited to see them live. There are lots of reasons people want to see someone live, not just because they hear a song on the radio. In fact, most of the top grossing tour artists are older artists not the latest hitmakers.

Guest jamesshot

Look, I think we just see MDNA as a great record...a great record which is going to go down as a flop when it isn't actually. But the perception now is that it is flopping. Ask Lady Gaga about what happens when your record gets tagged as underperforming even though by any real measure it is doing fine. Gaga promoted more than I think I have ever seen any ever promote but she could'nt sleep with enough Tommy Motola's for a #1 after BTW. Meanwhile, Teenage Dream sold just as much but more slowly and thus was seen as a success and Katy farted #1's with ease.

She better be thankful she was smart enough to put most of this tour on sale before the CD dropped because now I wonder if it would have sold out so fast being tied to a "flop" CD. I, as a fan, worry that she is hurting her brand. I fear with this CD being perceived as a flop, her next tour is going to be harder to sell out if she insists on having so much new material ( and then redoing all her old material to where it doesn't sound like the original to begin with- we as fans love it but the casual fan HATES this).

I just don't want this really great CD to be an wonderful, golden opportunity lost. She may never have a better chance to sell this much again or have a buzz hit single. There are so many potential singles on this CD that even the bonus tracks are awesome.

Look, I think we just see MDNA as a great record...a great record which is going to go down as a flop when it isn't actually. But the perception now is that it is flopping. Ask Lady Gaga about what happens when your record gets tagged as underperforming even though by any real measure it is doing fine. Gaga promoted more than I think I have ever seen any ever promote but she could'nt sleep with enough Tommy Motola's for a #1 after BTW. Meanwhile, Teenage Dream sold just as much but more slowly and thus was seen as a success and Katy farted #1's with ease.

She better be thankful she was smart enough to put most of this tour on sale before the CD dropped because now I wonder if it would have sold out so fast being tied to a "flop" CD. I, as a fan, worry that she is hurting her brand. I fear with this CD being perceived as a flop, her next tour is going to be harder to sell out if she insists on having so much new material ( and then redoing all her old material to where it doesn't sound like the original to begin with- we as fans love it but the casual fan HATES this).

I just don't want this really great CD to be an wonderful, golden opportunity lost. She may never have a better chance to sell this much again or have a buzz hit single. There are so many potential singles on this CD that even the bonus tracks are awesome.

I guess I don't see music that way as a big competition. I don't have to have tons of other people buy it to justify my love for something. I like something because I like it. I don't worry about what the media writes.

Whilst I agree with the above sentiments to some extent. I don't think we should expect a hit single from an artist we are going to see. What we should expect is a great show,some bang for our buck. When did U2,Paul Mcartney,Barbra Streisand last have a top ten hit? Nobody goes to see Mcartney to hear his latest stuff. They go because they want to hear his classic Beatles tunes. Same with all the other acts I mentioned. What is the point of Madonna appearing on chat shows/radio shows when she and her team must know deep down that the majority of radio and TV stations couldn't give a fuck.

They are after the youth market and Madonna simply doesn't fit into that demographic anymore. She has to therefore play to her strengths,and touring/performing are where her strengths lay,and where the most revenue can be generated. Artistically Madonna could record another classic LP like Like A Prayer,and it still wouldn't get played on the radio,not because they think her music is shit,just because they think she is old. It sucks but I think it's the truth.

Wow, I leave for a few hours and this thread turns into a hot mess of negative nancies! All of you should be banned!

Guillermo Fojaco ‏ @guillof

@guyoseary M should really do at least one tv performance while she is in USA. I would love to see her!!!

Guy Oseary ‏ @guyoseary

@guillof if we can get further along in the next few weeks with the tour, we will do one.. We have one in mind.. but no promises..

Guy Oseary ‏ @guyoseary

@Homme_du_jour thank you. performing MDNA live everywhere is promo. but I do agree and wish we could have done more. SuperBowl took 2 months

Guy Oseary ‏ @guyoseary

@xavier69 @kakadre @Perfume_Girl there will be a few tv interviews happening tomorrow night for the album.. but then back into Tour mode..

Guy Oseary ‏ @guyoseary

@ChrisFox72 "turn up the radio"is feeling like the next single

Could the show they have in mind be SNL? She hasn't been on as a musical guest in almost 20 years, so it would be really cool. And she could do a couple of skits too.

And it's nice to see Guy at least admitting that they didn't do as much promo as they could have. Now if only he's admit that their decision to tour so quickly was the fucking reason!

The biggest tragedy is that, after four years away, the anticipation for new Madonna material was huge, and then they go and release a track as weak as Gimme All Your Luvin. It really was that that killed the MDNA era stone dead. A strong lead single would still be hanging around the charts now which would have encouraged people to buy the album. But it's almost as if everyone -fans and public alike - have sort of pretended that GAYL never really happened, but then the rush released Girl Gone Wild wasn't good enough to kick start interest either.

I've been saying this for months. GMAYL is poop. They could have at least followed it up with something that had potential.

They still could have incorporated that bleacher cheerleader shyt in the perf with another song couldn't they? :confused: And just done a random chant.

Yes. "Superstar" could have worked. TUTR could have worked.

Whilst I agree with the above sentiments to some extent. I don't think we should expect a hit single from an artist we are going to see. What we should expect is a great show,some bang for our buck. When did U2,Paul Mcartney,Barbra Streisand last have a top ten hit? Nobody goes to see Mcartney to hear his latest stuff. They go because they want to hear his classic Beatles tunes. Same with all the other acts I mentioned. What is the point of Madonna appearing on chat shows/radio shows when she and her team must know deep down that the majority of radio and TV stations couldn't give a fuck.

They are after the youth market and Madonna simply doesn't fit into that demographic anymore. She has to therefore play to her strengths,and touring/performing are where her strengths lay,and where the most revenue can be generated. Artistically Madonna could record another classic LP like Like A Prayer,and it still wouldn't get played on the radio,not because they think her music is shit,just because they think she is old. It sucks but I think it's the truth.

I agree 100%

Also its for the poor sods that pay a fortune to see her but dont know half the songs. I was ringing around mates asking if they wanted to go (its expensive for an average fan) they didnt even know she had an album out, hadnt heard it and said they didnt like the last album. Im now going on my own.

My really good friend Neil is really wealthy, but said he only heard GMAYL and Madge has lost the plot and he's not interested.

Its just gone a bit pear shaped this era, we know theres some great songs on the album but no-one else does.

Also its for the poor sods that pay a fortune to see her but dont know half the songs. I was ringing around mates asking if they wanted to go (its expensive for an average fan) they didnt even know she had an album out, hadnt heard it and said they didnt like the last album. Im now going on my own.

My really good friend Neil is really wealthy, but said he only heard GMAYL and Madge has lost the plot and he's not interested.

Its just gone a bit pear shaped this era, we know theres some great songs on the album but no-one else does.

Yes, is very sad to see that she's not putting any effort at all in promoting this work. This album is one of her best one's she done in years, a whole lot better than Hard Candy but the casual fans don't know about it or are just not that interested anymore because GMAYL was not that great of a song. It's hard to justify paying a lot of money to go see an artist who had a hit single over 6 or 8 years ago.

Guest jamesshot

I guess I don't see music that way as a big competition. I don't have to have tons of other people buy it to justify my love for something. I like something because I like it. I don't worry about what the media writes.

Girl, I love this CD with or without it selling one copy. Trust that! I have it blasting nonstop. I just want it to have the exposure it deserves because it is such a great record. That's all. Its success doesn't in any way detract from my enjoyment of such an awesome record. She exceeded my expectations. I just don't want this perception to tarnish her brand and jeapordize future tours.

Guest jamesshot

Wow, I leave for a few hours and this thread turns into a hot mess of negative nancies! All of you should be banned!

Could the show they have in mind be SNL?

I could see her on SNL

She is the checkout girl at a record store. People come in and when they go to buy MDNA, Madonna's character would say all the usual shit people say about her "You don't want this, you know she is really old." or "Oh no, that Madonna is gross. Have you seen her arms?" "I heard she lip syncs even in the studio" "Why is she trying to act like she's 20. She should act her age"...

a damn shame she didnt promote this album because it is WITHOUT DOUBT her best album since ROL critics and fans agree, could have been the perfect comeback now its backfired into something ABYSMAL :lmao: oh well at least we have that facebook interview to look back on and the tour to see. jesus christ :lmao: they fucked this one up BAD!

a damn shame she didnt promote this album because it is WITHOUT DOUBT her best album since ROL critics and fans agree, could have been the perfect comeback now its backfired into something ABYSMAL :lmao: oh well at least we have that facebook interview to look back on and the tour to see. jesus christ :lmao: they fucked this one up BAD!

they so did :ohwell:

Guest jamesshot

Roger Friedman now has a 3rd article out. He's says MDNA is DOA.

It's so badly written. Why does Forbes keep him around?

Are you kidding? What a disgusting human being he is. And all the stupid media will pick up on it and run it tomorrow. In what universe is selling 400,000 in 2 weeks and a for sure Gold certification a flop? Ugh.

ugh, the 2nd week drop record is ALL over the news...

If they were so freakin busy with the tour :rolleyes: they should have asked Donald Trump to make the promotion of MDNA one of the projects of Celebrity Aprentice :chuckle:

Guy is still mentioning GGW is the current single..I mean..hello...that single is DEAD already, cause M is to busy shoving some ugly ass perfume down our throats and that crap clothing line...

How to kill a great album...damn..

IKR. she shoulda planned to release a new single by May to coincide with the tour already. release something, anything! dammit.