MDNA Promo Discussion - "non-traditional campaign"?

Apples388

yes she has, but never this much to the money (gyms, clothing, perfume, tours, shoes, sunglasses), so much so where she completely IGNORES her music

In all seriousness, my favorite thing about Madonna is her body of recorded work. It's what keeps me on board. I anticipate her albums now as much as I did when I was 5 and for that reason I am genuinely disappointed to see them treated of as an afterthought, whatever the reason. I'm not going to apologize or feel ridiculous for that.

We have the album, it's great and, yeah, that's all that matters. It still irks me to feel like the ball is being dropped deflated by her team.

yes she has, but never this much to the money (gyms, clothing, perfume, tours, shoes, sunglasses), so much so where she completely IGNORES her music

I'm sorry but ignoring her music would mean not releasing music or just releasing shitty music all the time. She's obviously still passionate when performing on stage so she's not ignoring her music she's just not promoting it the way her fans want her to. You're going to be hard pressed to find a massive recording artist that doesn't have "side" things going on as well.

ROTLF at all those so much in a fluster about her drop and wanting Guy O. fired. As if Madonna is as concerned as you guys when she has a huge tour soon to embark on. She loses nothing. Her money is made on the tour and until some fans get that in their head, they will continue to whine about lack of promotion and low sales when none of that matters to Madonna when she's selling out her shows, and about to break another record as the biggest grossing tour.

Of course she's not concerned thats why they are in a flap and arranging some media interviews at her perfume launch.

On top of that they are now considering a tv performance on a US show when only a couple of weeks ago they weren't going

down the "traditional promo" route. No they are not concerned at all they just in damage control mode. :lmao:

As for the touring well the way this latest album debacle is panning out she"ll be scaling back her next tour drastically due to lack of demand

if she's not careful. People aren't going to keep shelling out large wads of cash to hear her perform half of the show with songs they dont know.

What are they going to do'? Stand there with folded arms?

:lmao:

In all seriousness, my favorite thing about Madonna is her body of recorded work. It's what keeps me on board. I anticipate her albums now as much as I did when I was 5 and for that reason I am genuinely disappointed to see them treated of as an afterthought, whatever the reason. I'm not going to apologize or feel ridiculous for that.

We have the album, it's great and, yeah, that's all that matters. It still irks me to feel like the ball is being dropped deflated by her team.

I couldn't agree with you more. :clap:

yaya

at the end of the day...as u can see, she and guy o have pissed off SOME of her fans with the no promo thing...then the other fans r fine with just the cd...fine

GGW was not the answer. UGH!!! It's like Celebration Jr.!

That made me laugh out loud. I pictured Madonna wearing a propeller beanie. LOL

Adult-Propeller-Beanie-Hat-Made.jpg

Edited by FrznDrwnWrlD

Of course she's not concerned thats why they are in a flap and arranging some media interviews at her perfume launch.

On top of that they are now considering a tv performance on a US show when only a couple of weeks ago they weren't going

down the "traditional promo" route. No they are not concerned at all they just in damage control mode. :lmao:

As for the touring well the way this latest album debacle is panning out she"ll be scaling back her next tour drastically due to lack of demand

if she's not careful. People aren't going to keep shelling out large wads of cash to hear her perform half of the show with songs they dont know.

What are they going to do'? Stand there with folded arms?

:lmao:

Oh gosh, two whole paragraphs. Not sure if I can digest this much info in one setting. :lmao:

yaya

at the end of the day...as u can see, she and guy o have pissed off SOME of her fans with the no promo thing...then the other fans r fine with just the cd...fine

In reality it's a very small number of her fans that her pissed off. Most of her general fans could care less how her album sells, it's us diehards who pay attention to that stuff mostly. I just don't see how a fan can be mad that she is working her ass off to embark on this grueling tour so WE can go see her LIVE IN THE FLESH perform these songs that we all (most of us) love. Let me see....see Madonna perform awkwardly on Ellen and Good Morning America or go with other Madonna LOONS in one massive arena and see her IN FRONT OF ME performing. HARD DECISION. :manson:

Yes she's gonna make a lot of money in the process and I'm willing to bet she will please a lot of fans in the process. How is that "not caring" about anything?

Another thing, it's barely been mentioned how MASSIVE and grueling this tour is going to be for her. Have any of you sat down to look at the number of shows she is playing? And all the different cities? She's 53 and a mother of 4....I just don't see how she does it. I fly for 5 hours and I'm exhausted when I get to my destination. :lol:

A big :doh: for those saying Madonna doesn't care.

Seriously guys, if Madonna read that, she would be vomiting on it.

Yeah good point. All the hard work she does in putting together a tour and putting together a great album, she comes on here and reads MADONNA DOESN'T CARE because she didn't go on ELLEN or AMERICAN IDOL?

Don't misunderstand me, I hate it when Madonna albums flop too, but my god, to say she doesn't care... it's like you guys are Britney fans or something :confused: It's embarrassing...

A big :doh: for those saying Madonna doesn't care.

Seriously guys, if Madonna read that, she would be vomiting on it.

Just for the record, I do think she cares, but not to the extent some fans are freaking about. If she didn't care about her latest album, she wouldn't be going out on tour, performing songs from it. There's a lot of detail and creativity going into this tour as she always does.

In the end, I just don't see why fans are worried about sales and promotion when that isn't a big concern to Madonna. Obvious... some misjudgement of the success of the first single, but the second single is great. I really feel radio is just not willing to play her anymore. Anyway, I'm looking forward to the tour, not freaking out that she is dropping to #8 in a market that is not going well for most artists unless your name is ADELE!! And even her success is quite rare these days. No one is selling anything close to ADELE is these days.

Yeah good point. All the hard work she does in putting together a tour and putting together a great album, she comes on here and reads MADONNA DOESN'T CARE because she didn't go on ELLEN or AMERICAN IDOL?

I seriously doubt Madonna reads anything on here. Plus, she has already sold millions of tickets for her tour. why would anything anyone writes in this forum hurt her feelings? She has better things to do.

Exactly! Everybody always talks about how GMAYL was the perfect Superbowl song. Why does the theme of the first single and the Superbowl performance have to coordinate?

It's how Madonna works. Like the Erotica single/album promoting the Sex book (another good, so-so selling album) or her numerous soundtrack singles.

Another thing, it's barely been mentioned how MASSIVE and grueling this tour is going to be for her. Have any of you sat down to look at the number of shows she is playing? And all the different cities? She's 53 and a mother of 4....I just don't see how she does it. I fly for 5 hours and I'm exhausted when I get to my destination. :lol:

Exactly. But yeah, she dropped the ball... doesn't care about promoting her album, blah blah blah. LOL! This tour is obviously going to be huge. It's not like she's sitting around eating bon bons. She's actually rehearsing to perform the music from the album. THAT IS PROMOTION!!!

LMAO diehard vs causal fans...do u always have to have the last say??? lol

i wont be seeing her live...a lot of people are not...but wish they could...tv shows n such give fans that cant travel to see her - be able to see her.

i think she cares, she just doesn't care about promotion, which in my personal opinion is that it is a mistake in the long run...but like guy o keeps saying - 'TALK TO ME NEXT YEAR WHEN I'M WALKING TO THE BANK WITH ALL YOUR MONEY', lol

Don't misunderstand me, I hate it when Madonna albums flop too, but my god, to say she doesn't care... it's like you guys are Britney fans or something :confused: It's embarrassing...

not to mention this promo everyone is so desperate for probably won't do much, she hasn't really seen any huge boosts from promo or performances that I can think of. The album needs radio to play the fuck out of something.

Guest jamesshot

I really don't care that much but MDNA falling so much is a huge news story on all the blogs. It is soooo negative. The comments are just brutal. Of course, they took the Roger Friedman story and ran with it. I'm sure that yellow journalist is happy as piss today. This is being sold as a huge flop by the media now. Could this affect tour tic sales?

Remember American Life flopping and she went on Oprah to pimp the kids book? I think that's when it hit me that if she didn't care I shouldn't care. And she didn't even make money off those books, so it doesn't have to be about money. I don't know what it's about but it's been going on for a while. I think she just does too much and moves on too fast sometimes.

I seriously doubt Madonna reads anything on here. Plus, she has already sold millions of tickets for her tour. why would anything anyone writes in this forum hurt her feelings? She has better things to do.

:lol: I'm not an idiot. I was speaking in hypotheticals... I'm not dumb enough to think anyone from her camp, much less Madonna reads fan forums, or that she'd even be hurt by it. She'd just think we're all fucking crazy, and sometimes it seems like we are.

Remember American Life flopping and she went on Oprah to pimp the kids book? I think that's when it hit me that if she didn't care I shouldn't care. And she didn't even make money off those books, so it doesn't have to be about money. I don't know what it's about but it's been going on for a while. I think she just does too much and moves on too fast sometimes.

I think THAT has been her main problem for a while as you rightly point out...and it's also the reason why the quality and calculation of her most recent projects have suffered. Hard Candy anyone?

Madonna obviously does promote her product when she cares about it,look at all the TV shows and interviews she gave for W.E. and let's be frank,how far did that get her? It hardly set the box office on fire did it? If she is one thing,it's that's she's smart,and surrounds herself with people who are just as business savvy as she is.

Why would Interscope spend millions of dollars promoting MDNA when at best it would sell 4 -5 million copies worldwide and generate a revenue of $40-$50 million when Madonna can put all her efforts both time wise and finacially into putting on a kick ass tour that will likely go on to gross $500 million when it's over!. If you were her manager what stratergy would you think M would thank you for?

Does Interscope get a portion of her tour revenue? I thought that was a separate deal with Live Nation?

I don't think so, but what some fans have forgotten (if I recall correctly), she's only signed (through Interscope) for a three album deal for one million dollars each. She made that back just with the U.S. sales in her first week. So it's a no brainer that Madonna's focus is on the tour. That's where the money will be made. She has a bigger obligation to Live Nation. So again, why would she waste her time trying to peddle her album on TV where she makes squat only to sell a few more albums when she can tour the album and make millions and millions more. And the tour isn't cheap to put on, so obviously she cares.