Viagogo tickets - dodgy?

Apples388

Agreed! I'd be in a panic right now if I ordered tickets from them. Seems most if not all Europe dated tickets have been dispatched so there's no excuse for anyone to not have them yet.

Great..

I am in real panic now..

Guys thanks for the replies..

I sent then again email i hope they reply soon..

Found these numbers online. I don't know if these number's are still active

+44 203 137 6080 - Inside/Outside UK

0845 862 3670 - Inside UK Only

Be prepared to be on hold up to 20 minutes before you speak to a human.

I call them 1000 times..no answer..

Oh God terrible site...really..

Guest bluejean

Aren't these people official? I'd be calling Live Nation also. And tweeting Guy O. Revolving treatment. The fact that they are endorsed by Live Nation is terrible.

Their customer service department is beyond AWFUL. They fucked me over with Sticky and Sweet tickets, I ended up complaining to their CEO via email, their European Operations manager stepped in and sorted it out quickly. Since that debacle I've made sure to slag them off to everybody.

The CEO's email is eric.baker@viagogo.com

Here's a copy of the the rather arsey email I sent him.

Dear Mr. Baker,

Forgive me for the direct e-mail but my frustrations with your customer service department mean that I'm left with no other option and I'm hoping that you can help provide an acceptable resolution to my ongoing issue with Viagogo.

I contacted Viagogo on August 19th to purchase a Golden Circle ticket for Madonna's September 11th show in Wembley Stadium. On August 22nd, having not received any confirmation from the seller, I contacted Viagogo to cancel the transaction so I'd be free to find an alternative ticket. The initial salesperson I spoke to told me the transaction couldn't be cancelled for 10 days, I requested to speak to a supervisor, was told this wasn't possible and he put the phone down on me whilst I was still speaking. I called back immediately and spoke to another salesperson who said no supervisors were available as they were either in a meeting or "having a cigarette".

Eventually I spoke to a supervisor who offered a resolution, he'd authorise the reallocation of the funds to a set of Viagogo allocated tickets. The supervisor put me back on the phone to the salesperson and we found a set of suitable tickets on your website (which were slightly more expensive but I confirmed I'd be happy to pay the difference). I authorised the transaction after being on the phone for close to half an hour and, as far as I was concerned, I had purchased a Gold Circle ticket.

I checked my credit card statement on August 26th and noticed that no charges had been made by by Viagogo. I contacted your customer service team, spoke to Sean who said he'd investigate. I was told there was no record of the transaction made on Friday 22nd and that I didn't have a ticket to the concert. I was assured that Sean would investigate and that James, a supervisor would call me back. James failed to return my call and on Saturday 30th August, I had to contact him. James told me the call would be escalated to head office and gave me his personal assurance that he would contact me on Monday September 1st. It's now September 3rd and I've still not received a call. I have however received what appears to be an impersonal, automated e-mail stating that my transaction was cancelled on September 2nd.

When I spoke to the supervisor on August 22nd I made it explicitly clear that I didn't want to get to a week before the concert without a ticket or that all the tickets available were at an, and I use this word in its truest sense, EXTORTIONATE price. This is exactly the situation I am now in, thanks to the inefficiency and seeming ineptitude of your (rather ironically named, I'm sure you'll appreciate) customer service department.

You were recently quoted, Mr Baker, as saying "Before the days of secondary ticketing on the internet, fans had to deal with some tout on the street corner; you have to know who they are, you don’t know who you’re meeting, you don’t know if you’re getting a ticket, who knows what’s happening basically," and, to be honest, this is exactly how I feel after my protracted, frustrated and fruitless dealings with your members of staff. I find it truly incredulous Mr. Barker, considering the state of flux the secondary ticket market is in at the moment, that your company treats its customers so shoddily.

I hope you will understand my level of frustration from the fact that I've taken time to make so many calls, and now to write to you directly. Please can you ensure this matter is investigated and I would be grateful for your suggestions on an appropriate resolution. At the end of the day, I just want to go to the concert.

Their customer service department is beyond AWFUL. They fucked me over with Sticky and Sweet tickets, I ended up complaining to their CEO via email, their European Operations manager stepped in and sorted it out quickly. Since that debacle I've made sure to slag them off to everybody.

The CEO's email is eric.baker@viagogo.com

Here's a copy of the the rather arsey email I sent him.

Dear Mr. Baker,

Forgive me for the direct e-mail but my frustrations with your customer service department mean that I'm left with no other option and I'm hoping that you can help provide an acceptable resolution to my ongoing issue with Viagogo.

I contacted Viagogo on August 19th to purchase a Golden Circle ticket for Madonna's September 11th show in Wembley Stadium. On August 22nd, having not received any confirmation from the seller, I contacted Viagogo to cancel the transaction so I'd be free to find an alternative ticket. The initial salesperson I spoke to told me the transaction couldn't be cancelled for 10 days, I requested to speak to a supervisor, was told this wasn't possible and he put the phone down on me whilst I was still speaking. I called back immediately and spoke to another salesperson who said no supervisors were available as they were either in a meeting or "having a cigarette".

Eventually I spoke to a supervisor who offered a resolution, he'd authorise the reallocation of the funds to a set of Viagogo allocated tickets. The supervisor put me back on the phone to the salesperson and we found a set of suitable tickets on your website (which were slightly more expensive but I confirmed I'd be happy to pay the difference). I authorised the transaction after being on the phone for close to half an hour and, as far as I was concerned, I had purchased a Gold Circle ticket.

I checked my credit card statement on August 26th and noticed that no charges had been made by by Viagogo. I contacted your customer service team, spoke to Sean who said he'd investigate. I was told there was no record of the transaction made on Friday 22nd and that I didn't have a ticket to the concert. I was assured that Sean would investigate and that James, a supervisor would call me back. James failed to return my call and on Saturday 30th August, I had to contact him. James told me the call would be escalated to head office and gave me his personal assurance that he would contact me on Monday September 1st. It's now September 3rd and I've still not received a call. I have however received what appears to be an impersonal, automated e-mail stating that my transaction was cancelled on September 2nd.

When I spoke to the supervisor on August 22nd I made it explicitly clear that I didn't want to get to a week before the concert without a ticket or that all the tickets available were at an, and I use this word in its truest sense, EXTORTIONATE price. This is exactly the situation I am now in, thanks to the inefficiency and seeming ineptitude of your (rather ironically named, I'm sure you'll appreciate) customer service department.

You were recently quoted, Mr Baker, as saying "Before the days of secondary ticketing on the internet, fans had to deal with some tout on the street corner; you have to know who they are, you don’t know who you’re meeting, you don’t know if you’re getting a ticket, who knows what’s happening basically," and, to be honest this is exactly how I feel after my protracted, frustrated and fruitless dealings with your members of staff. I find it truly incredulous Mr. Barker, considering the state of flux the secondary ticket market is in at the moment, that your company treats its customers so shoddily.

I hope you will understand my level of frustration from the fact that I've taken time to make so many calls, and now to write to you directly. Please can you ensure this matter is investigated and I would be grateful for your suggestions on an appropriate resolution. At the end of the day, I just want to go to the concert.

:shock: :shock:, :shock:

oh god....

still no answer to my mails....

i sent them the first 3 days ago..

they reply today to my mails...

Dear "dimos",

thanks for contacting us at viagogo.

First of all, please accept our apologies for our delay.

Regarding your transaction # 3445355, for Madonna, in Milan - please rest assured that we contacted your seller this morning, and he confirmed us that he had brought the tickets right this morning to UPS. Therefore, your tickets will be delivered to the address that you specified in the system, at the beginning of next week.

As soon as your tickets will be taken in charge by the courier and scanned, you will receive an email with the tracking number.

Once again, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

For any further question, please don't hesitate to contact us.

To answer to this email, please click on the link CONTACT US.

Kind regards,

viagogo

Εξυπηρέτηση Πελατών

Guest Fukujima

they reply today to my mails...

Dear "dimos",

thanks for contacting us at viagogo.

First of all, please accept our apologies for our delay.

Regarding your transaction # 3445355, for Madonna, in Milan - please rest assured that we contacted your seller this morning, and he confirmed us that he had brought the tickets right this morning to UPS. Therefore, your tickets will be delivered to the address that you specified in the system, at the beginning of next week.

As soon as your tickets will be taken in charge by the courier and scanned, you will receive an email with the tracking number.

Once again, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

For any further question, please don't hesitate to contact us.

To answer to this email, please click on the link CONTACT US.

Kind regards,

viagogo

Εξυπηρέτηση Πελατών

which email address did you use?? i have the same problem!

read above the post from funkydita(thanks by the way for your post you help me a lot)

eric.baker@viagogo.com

one last question! :mellow:

can someone tell me if the tickets are really "gold"?

i bought them as gold tickets but really i cant understand if they are "really" gold.

I can not see the golden reference anywhere

only for prato a(is prato a the "gold" area"?)

Viagogo is really dodgy and i would best avoid it! Alot of my friends have had some terrifying encounters where tickets failed to arrive to cases where some did not match their overall description! They're ridicoulously over priced as well, who in their right mind would buy a gold circle ticket for hyde park for £500 ? its stupid, people...seriously..keep away from that scammy site!

• 2 months later...

Danish ticket vendor Billetlugen, which was the official ticket vendor for all of Live Nation Denmark's events until they acquired Billetnet, have reported Viagogo to the Danish police for forgery and fraud.

This comes after the consumer programme Kontant on Danish TV station DR1 revealed how Viagogo employees buy concert tickets and resell them to private consumers at twice the face value. On several occasions they have also image manipulated the price on the tickets.

In Denmark, reselling tickets for more than face value is illegal, which is one of the reasons why Viagogo is not endorsed by Live Nation Denmark.

I've never used them but friends of mine did (not for Madonna though) and it was a huge mess. Lots if Emails and phone calls before they eventually got their tickets. I don't trust them and would never buy my tickets through them

All Viagogo ads have now been removed from (the Danish version of?) Google, now that it has been revealed how the company violates Danish law.

If the Danish court finds Viagogo guilty of fraud and forgery, Danish ISPs will be ordered to block access to the site.

Btw, on the Danish version of Trustpilot, Viagogo has a score of 2.9/10 based on 43 reviews.

what a load of nonsense

just speak from your own experience as customers, not I've heard this, a friend of a cousin of my aunt said that

does anyone really think Madonna and her management and Live Nation would have cut a deal with them otherwise?

what you write makes no sense

What exactly makes no sense?

The fact that Viagogo violates Danish law by buying concert tickets and reselling them at twice the face value?

The fact that Viagogo violates Danish law by digitally manipulating e-tickets to show the price demanded by Viagogo rather than the face value?

Or the fact that Google Denmark has removed all Viagogo ads for the above reasons?

what a load of nonsense

just speak from your own experience as customers, not I've heard this, a friend of a cousin of my aunt said that

does anyone really think Madonna and her management and Live Nation would have cut a deal with them otherwise?

It's not nonsense at all. They are also been investigated in the UK. Someone went undercover and found that staff here also had credit cards to buy tickets from Ticketmaster and then put them on sale at inflated prices. Also, Ticketmaster were directly selling them tickets I seem to remember.

This is all only coming to light recently so acts wouldn't be aware of these practices.