Jamie King?

pattitude

I wouldn't mind if he stayed on another tour. He and Madonna did a great job with DWT and CT, in terms of artistic appeal. Even their most recent endeavor S&S had many moments of brilliance, regardless of whether you liked the show as a whole or not. Considering the fact that Madonna is on a creative high (with MDNA and her videos), I imagine they could come up with something as great as the Confessions Tour or the Super Bowl performance. The Transgression theme is already new for her and it sounds promising.

I have to agree his work was becoming a bit stale and hopefully this go around we don't have to endure Nelly Furtado mashups again.

Was Jaime King also responsible for Musical Production too? (remixes, etc.) I thought it was just setlist placement/arrangements, stage design, choreography...

Was Jaime King also responsible for Musical Production too? (remixes, etc.) I thought it was just setlist placement/arrangements, stage design, choreography...

I think the musical director of each tour (Stuart Prince on DWT, RIT, CT Kevin Antunes on S&S) is in charge of that.

I remember reading he wouldn't be involved with this one and I hope it's true too. His style has become the industry norm after he directed the tours of everyone from the Spice Girls to Celine fucking Dion and I wish Madonna would change it up.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

He does cool shows, but they can get a bit samey. I'd like to see her work with someone new.

Guest Not4Pussies

Norman Shay is the director? the CT dancer turned trainer/babysitter?

And Jamie King had little to nothing to do with the Super Bowl performance

and nothing to do with the last two music videos.

so hopefully he is on his way out.

(Why is Marc Anthony so skinny? I've always wondered. Is it manorexia, cancer or AIDS? I think it's the first option.)

Anyway - I join the chorus of men hailing the potential departure of Jamie King. Time for her to try something fresh. I absolutely loved the Superbowl performance; so I'm glad to hear he had no hand in that (although I thought he did?).

Guest Not4Pussies

he wasn't as involved but he said himself he was too busy doing other stuff (i think the JLo show and a Vegas show) that he had other people take over

I think the musical director of each tour (Stuart Prince on DWT, RIT, CT Kevin Antunes on S&S) is in charge of that.

I remember reading he wouldn't be involved with this one and I hope it's true too. His style has become the industry norm after he directed the tours of everyone from the Spice Girls to Celine fucking Dion and I wish Madonna would change it up.

Yes it has! The two or three large backing screens that move up or down and side to side are last decade :thumbsdown: I would love to see her go back to a more theatrical (props) type of show. DWT seemed to be the last of that type for her.

As said in an earlier post, I do remember reading that Jamie King was doing the J Lo/ Marc Anthony show and I was like "YES! Maybe there's a chance he wont be on the Madonna tour for 2012!"

Guest bluejean

I don't have a problem with Jamie King, his work has been brilliant but I think the fact he's working with almost everyone now means he's spreading himself too thin. Sticky & Sweet was a great show in terms of setlist, music arrangements and choreography but the themes and the costumes were pretty uninspired.

I expect the tour to be as epic as the Superbowl especially since they used that as an advert for it.

Guest bluejean

I would love to see her go back to a more theatrical (props) type of show. DWT seemed to be the last of that type for her.

I want to see something more hi tech than the last few tours. Those screens on the floor at Superbowl, similar to what Kylie had on the X tour were great. I don't have a problem with the normal types of screen projections either, but I think the actual content of the backdrops has gotten abit lazy. Especially in songs like Hung Up (the chess shit) or Like a Prayer.

Norman Shay is the director? the CT dancer turned trainer/babysitter?

How many fucking names does this man have? William "Norman" Charlemoine - Williams "Shy" Norman — He really is juicy I wonder if he's one of us?

paris_park3.jpg

I want to see something more hi tech than the last few tours. Those screens on the floor at Superbowl, similar to what Kylie had on the X tour were great. I don't have a problem with the normal types of screen projections either, but I think the actual content of the backdrops has gotten abit lazy. Especially in songs like Hung Up (the chess shit) or Like a Prayer.

You mean like Hikaru Utada's Utada United 2006 tour.