Madonna Songs on "American Idol"

ROCKERITO_MX

http://www.examiner.com/celebrity-headlines-in-national/american-idol-2012-madonna-songs-to-be-performed-on-idol-night?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

https://twitter.com/#!/dizzyfeet/status/185102041188810753

Girls to do a medley then perform a song each.

American Idol 2012: Madonna songs to be performed on ‘Idol Night’

Add a comment

Jodi Jill

National Celebrity Headlines Examiner

Can’t get enough Madonna? Well, then Wednesday’s American Idol with the Top 9 battling on stage is the place to be watching. The entertainer catalog will be on display for one of the group numbers that will include three of the ladies performing the Material Girl’s material. Slated to be performed include the singles Like A Prayer, Borderline and Express Yourself.

So how can anyone be so sure about the details of Madonna’s singles being used? It’s Idol Week on American Idol and the executive producer Nigel Lythgoe has been dishing details on the show only hours before it is set to hit the airwaves live.

“Okay Madonna fans tonight you've got Jessica, Holly and Skylar singing Like A Prayer, Borderline and Express Yourself on #IDOL. Thanks,” Tweeted Nigel Lythgoe on his official Twitter account.

According the AMERICANIDOL.NET the theme is "singing songs from their idols". No mention of Madonna among them.

The American Idol 2012 Top 9 takes the stage tonight to sing for your votes.

This week they're singing songs from their idols. We've learned that some of the idols they're taking on include Led Zeppelin, Lifehouse, Beyonce, Mariah Carey and Miranda Lambert.

We'll also be seeing the legendary Stevie Nicks sitting next to Jimmy Iovine in the mentor's chair. I must say, that's the most exciting thing to happen this season on American Idol. At least as far as I'm concerned.

Guest groovyguy

Nigel Lythgoe ‏ @dizzyfeet

On #IDOL they're singing Madonna as a trio as well as their solos Hollie-Carrie Underwood, Jessica-Beyonce' and Skylar-Miranda Lambert

Okay Madonna fans tonight you've got Jessica, Holly and Skylar singing "Like A Prayer" "Borderline" and "Express Yourself" on #IDOL. Thanks.

Bollocks. A Madge week or gtfo! Good timing at least anyway.

I noticed that apparently they had a joint Whitney/Stevie week - before they would just make the guys sing these faggy girls songs. :lmao: Not that any male contestant is ever straight.

Guest bluejean

On the Australian versions of Idol and X Factor they've had various Madonna songs.

Some girl did a whole choreographed version of 'Vogue,' it was pretty embarrassing.

On the Australian versions of Idol and X Factor they've had various Madonna songs.

Some girl did a whole choreographed version of 'Vogue,' it was pretty embarrassing.

Not ANYONE can dance and sing at the same time.

They're not Madonna :dramatic:

• 11 months later...

The show tonight was Motown-themed (acts from Detroit). Two of the female finalists did a duet of "Like a Prayer" on tonight's show.

Nicki later commented that the one female did songs from two queens (Aretha Franklin and Madonna). Mimi Carey mentioned Niki as a great singer who sang on the original. And that the song wasn't written as a BIG song to sing. Oh Mimi. :)

The show tonight was Motown-themed (acts from Detroit). Two of the female finalists did a duet of "Like a Prayer" on tonight's show.

Nicki later commented that the one female did songs from two queens (Aretha Franklin and Madonna). Mimi Carey mentioned Niki as a great singer who sang on the original. And that the song wasn't written as a BIG song to sing. Oh Mimi. :)

:lol: @ Mimi

Come on! She went out of her way to not give M the props she deserved....even though she referred to her as an amazing singer.

Say my name bitch!

And. She suggested that this isn't a song that requires good vocal skills. Bitch.

This bitch, what does she mean the original singer of the song? It's Madonnas and madonnas only

She was referring to Niki's solo, who originally sang in the song (obviously). What I mean is that I don't think she was trying to be a bitch for once.

Nicki Minaj looks so pretty though and I love all the praise for the song. The performance was pretty boring, but it just goes to show that not everyone can do what Madonna does. In fact, no one can. :cool:

She was not referring to Madonna when she said that...she was talking about NIKKI Harris who sang the original adlib..but yeah..jealous cow, she is..

Was it really Niki Harris or someone from

Andrea Church Choir or both?

Interesting that she knows who did the solo on LAP..but yeah, its obvious she doesnt care much of Madonnas vocal "power".

The song was ment to be sang from the heart and not with vocal acrobatics (which I hate), thats why the performance was flat.

Mariah has a point, I don't think she meant anything bitchy by it. It's the fragility that makes Like a Prayer so amazing. I like how impartial they were, particularly considering how much Nicki loves M and Mariah hates her. Didn't Randy play drums on the original track as well?

What a pile of shit. I mean compare that vocal performance to Madonna's for BAT. Their pitching was bad, they didn't harmonise, the vocal textures were unpleasant, there was no characterisation, their TIMING was SO OFF and it was just bad. So bad. I actually don't think that Mooriah was being a Bitch to Madonna. I mean not one panelist mentioned her...

Did she happen to mention the original "backup" singer of that song Niki? Yeah to everyone who knows who Niki is knows who she is talking about. To the thousands that watch that show "It's original singer Niki? What?

Really Mariah? Like A Prayer? Probaly her most beloved song by the public. I'm not only angry right now, I'm sick.

Edited by Larkspur

Well, its like they have a hard time to give any recognition to Madonna. Its always the back-up singers or song writers or choir etc. who gets the credit.

I wonder if they even know that Madonna WROTE this song. Only she (and Pat) knows how it was meant to be sing.