Time to rank the Queen of Life's *studio* albums all over again

Apples388

Like A Prayer

MDNA (no shit guys, I can barely sleep since Friday)

Erotica

Ray of Light

Confessions On A Dancefloor

Madonna

True Blue

Music

Hard Candy

Like A Virgin

Bedtime Stories

American Life

Right now:

Confessions On A Dancefloor

Ray of Light

MDNA

Hard Candy

Like A Prayer

Madonna

True Blue

Erotica

Music

Like A Virgin

Bedtime Stories

American Life

how do u pick your least favorite madonna record?

maybe the one you can't remember when it was released?

the first one. hell no, that one was inspired. and yes, i too, was obsessed with 'think of me.' after i realized that the like a prayer chick had so many albums.

maybe the one where she talked about some dudes noodle in the liners... 'virgin.' nuh-uh 'like a virgin' is a hot album. and stay.. oooh

'hard candy' is funkier then i gave it credit for when it was released (hello dance 2nite). so it can't be that.

'music' kinda drones here and there... but then madonna says something like 'walkin around on a cloud coz every girl you meet just trips on you sayin your name out loud..." and you know despite the fucking cowboy hat phase that it's not that one.

so what the hell is it? what's the worst madonna record? i just can't do it. i will tell you i believe 'like a prayer' is STILL her best work IMO. but the world has changed... things are different now. there are people who don't like the smell of pachoulli.

what i do know is we are witnessing the return of a very very cool woman who we (shame on us) thought was maybe gone 4ever.

i blame that youtube video where she was saying everyone 'fucked off.' m, please 4give me.

At this point:

Like a Prayer

Erotica

Ray of Light

Music

I'm Breathless

Confessions on a Dance Floor

Bedtime Stories

Madonna

True Blue

American Life

MDNA

Hard Candy

Like a Virgin

Guest bluejean

Ray of Light

Like A Prayer

Confessions on a Dancefloor

Music

Madonna

MDNA

Erotica

True Blue

Bedtime Stories

Hard Candy

American Life

Like A Virgin

I'm Breathless

Guest bluejean

what i do know is we are witnessing the return of a very very cool woman who we (shame on us) thought was maybe gone 4ever.

Never occurred to me.

I respect everyone's enthusiasm, and I'm spinning the album every day (skipping GMAYL), but I'm curious to see where this album lands on people's lists one, three, 10 years from now. I feel like a lot of us are running on adrenaline right now.

I respect everyone's enthusiasm, and I'm spinning the album every day (skipping GMAYL), but I'm curious to see where this album lands on people's lists one, three, 10 years from now. I feel like a lot of us are running on adrenaline right now.

The fact that it can't touch my top two Erotica and American Life proves I already understand its place in Madonna cannon.

Guest bluejean

I do agree. But then I don't think anyone was placing Hard Candy this high on any list 2 days after release.

Guest FrozenEyes

I do agree. But then I don't think anyone was placing Hard Candy this high on any list 2 days after release.

I definitely wasn't. I kept repeating "Wtf is this??? It doesn't even sound like Madonna!" And the only songs besides 4minutes I liked was She's Not Me and Miles Away. The rest I hated.

I don't feel that way now, but it's still not my favorite. So my reaction to MDNA is already a million times better. :D

right now

1 Like a Prayer

2 Ray of Light

3 Erotica

4 Music

5 MDNA maybe..still don't know

6 I'm Breathless

7 True Blue

8 American Life

9 Bedtime Stories

10 Confessions

11 Madonna

12 Like a Virgin

13 Hard Candy

I agree. But it was probably higher than where people are placing it right now. I think MDNA is going to have an edge no matter what, if only because of the genre/style of music (although HC is ultimately a dance album - it's VERY disco).

right now

1 Like a Prayer

2 Ray of Light

3 Erotica

4 Music

5 MDNA maybe..still don't know

6 I'm Breathless

7 True Blue

8 American Life

9 Bedtime Stories

10 Confessions

11 Madonna

12 Like a Virgin

13 Hard Candy

Wha'-ERRRR.

01 - Ray Of Light

02 - Like A Prayer

03 - Confessions On A Dance Floor

04 - MDNA

05 - Music

06 - Like A Virgin

07 - True Blue

08 - Madonna

09 - Erotica

10 - Bedtime Stories

11 - American Life

12 - Hard Candy

:thumbsup:

Guest I'llTeachYouHowTo...

having played MDNA about 287428742381983927475 times since sunday night, and having soaked it all in, comparing and contrasting it to the other albums, and putting it into the context of her entire body of work, i feel this is my ranking right now:

1. Ray Of Light (i don't think this will ever change, honestly)

2. Confessions On A Dancefloor

3. MDNA (as i said in my 'review', i was initially unsure of how i felt about it, but it's completely taken me over now. it's amazing, and i can see it being in constant rotation on my ipod for years to come, just like the two albums above it.)

4. Erotica

5. Music

6. American Life

7. Madonna

8. Bedtime Stories

9. Hard Candy

10. Like A Prayer (i know, it seems so low...i've just never loved the album as much as many do. the title track is my 2nd favorite madonna song ever, and my number ONE favorite song of all time, and i love the other singles, but something just stops me from loving the album as much as i feel like i should. i think a lot of it has to do with the sound quality. they NEED to remaster this ASAP.)

11. True Blue

12. Like A Virgin

Erotica

Like A Prayer

Madonna

MDNA

True Blue

Like A Virgin

Ray Of Light

Confessions

Hard Candy

I'm Breathless :smooch:

American Life

Music

Bedtime Stories

the title track is my 2nd favorite madonna song ever, and my number ONE favorite song of all time,

how can that be? :dazed: