MDNA #1 in 50 countries

Flip The Switch

Guest Xanthium

This is good news, but I think we should temper this with the fact that iTunes is not an official chart nor are they a large sales presence in many countries. I'm waiting to see the impact on the official album charts.

Now now, no need to ruin everybody's fun with silly things like logic ;)

As i posted before Turkey for example does not have music charts on itunes

Aah, I see - that first post pic is a bit misleading then, eh?

#1 United Kingdom

#1 Argentina

#1 Belgium

#1 Brazil

#1 Bulgaria

#1 Canada

#1 Chile

#1 Colombia

#1 Costa Rica

#1 Czech Republic

#1 Dominican Republic

#1 Denmark

#1 El Salvador

#1 Finland

#1 France

#1 Greece

#1 Honduras

#1 Hungary

#1 Italy

#1 Japan

#1 Latvia

#1 Luxembourg

#1 Malta

#1 Mexico

#1 New Zealand

#1 Nicaragua

#1 Peru

#1 Poland

#1 Portugal

#1 USA

#1 Romania

#1 Slovakia

#1 Spain

#1 Sweden

#1 Venezuela

#1 Guatemala

madonna-give-me-all-your-luvin-gif.gif

feel free to add...

monster-o.gif

As i posted before Turkey for example does not have music charts on itunes

Are you sure about Turkey because Turkish pop music like Hande Yener, Demet Akalin, Bengu etc... are all avaliable on itunes?

Now now, no need to ruin everybody's fun with silly things like logic ;)

:lol:

Well, the whole war may not be won yet but at least a battle has been won! :D Cuz imagine the forum meltdown if MDNA were struggling on itunes charts around the world right now. :dramatic:

Madonna's more popular - more relevant - deal with it.

Right now? Like it or not, Gaga is more 'relevant' to general public right now.

No. It's going to #1 in more countries because it's a better album.

Albums go #1 for sales, not for quality.

And yes, it could be better.

Guest Xanthium

:lol:

Well, the whole war may not be won yet but at least a battle has been won! :D Cuz imagine the forum meltdown if MDNA were struggling on itunes charts around the world right now. :dramatic:

I just think people need to calm down with the boasting because if MDNA does not sell well we'll NEVER hear the end of it. But still it is a FABULOUS thing that MDNA is #1 on iTunes is so many countries. It's a testament to Madonna's popularity but not sales.

Guest Xanthium

That's even better! :thumbsup:

This is a valid point because look how popular Rihanna and Katy Perry are but they don't sell albums.

Where's Gaga? Where's Gaga? Bang Bang I Shot Here Dead! Pud's Gonna Put A Ring On My Finger.

Guest jamesshot

Sweety, apparently not. Now, I hate to break it to you but Gaga is kinda played out. At the top of her game, she only got to #1 in 21 countries while the "has been" Madonna is going to easily get #1 in over 40 countries.

Then, look at Katy Perry who had, what, 6 #1 singles last year to Gaga's one and Gaga did 1000x the promotion. Ditto Rihanna. Then there is Adele who annihilated Gaga in everything last year. Gaga, even with suffocating promotion, is an afterthought now. Nobody wants her or misses her.

Guest Xanthium

WW.

Oh ok. Sorry I don't pay attention much to sales. I just remember reading once in an article that while Rihanna and Katy sell a lot of digital singles, they are struggling to shift albums. I guess the article was just referring to the US then.

Oh ok. Sorry I don't pay attention much to sales. I just remember reading once in an article that while Rihanna and Katy sell a lot of digital singles, they are struggling to shift albums. I guess the article was just referring to the US then.

That's possible because Rihanna doesn't sell much in US, her biggest sales come from UK.

Sweety, apparently not. Now, I hate to break it to you but Gaga is kinda played out. At the top of her game, she only got to #1 in 21 countries while the "has been" Madonna is going to easily get #1 in over 40 countries.

Then, look at Katy Perry who had, what, 6 #1 singles last year to Gaga's one and Gaga did 1000x the promotion. Ditto Rihanna. Then there is Adele who annihilated Gaga in everything last year. Gaga, even with suffocating promotion, is an afterthought now. Nobody wants her or misses her.

When BTW came out, the album went #1 in every country with iTunes by that time, exactly 21. Now MDNA is #1 in 48 countries, because the number of iTunes Stores is higher. This is because recently Latin American countries got iTunes Store.

And yes, Gaga might not sell singles like Katy, Adele or even Rihanna, but she sells albums. BTW was the 2nd. best selling album of 2011, only outsold by Adele's 21. And in my opinion, that is more important than have a summer smash hit or a 5x platinum generic pop tune (Katy's 6 #1s)

I'm not here to fight or something, I'm just telling what I think.

Gaga is more popular right now. Being that she is borrowing Madonna's song melodies and images left and right, I'd say Madonna is more relevant than she's ever been.

When BTW came out, the album went #1 in every country with iTunes by that time, exactly 21. Now MDNA is #1 in 48 countries, because the number of iTunes Stores is higher. This is because recently Latin American countries got iTunes Store.

And yes, Gaga might not sell singles like Katy, Adele or even Rihanna, but she sells albums. BTW was the 2nd. best selling album of 2011, only outsold by Adele's 21. And in my opinion, that is more important than have a summer smash hit or a 5x platinum generic pop tune (Katy's 6 #1s)

I'm not here to fight or something, I'm just telling what I think.

Remember she sold BTW for 99cents. She was giving the album away. People are spending real money for the album.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

Best to take cover fag. Because you about to be STONED by a mob :demonic: