MDNA #1 in 50 countries

Flip The Switch

I'd guess 20,000-25,000 tops for ticket redemption.

I agree, I get so many Madonna emails from her web site and sites like Amazon (and I don't even buy much Madonna online) that I almost deleted the redemption email.

1850869-madonna-ultra-music-617-409.jpg

Could they have used a worse picture for the front page of billboard?

It has the Demonna poof, so I can not complain. :queenbitch:

Well, do we know how many tickets she sold? Who wouldn't take advantage of the redemption? I mean, half the people who bought tix for the two Yankee Stadium shows alone would put her over 50K.

:eek::D:cool:

Now it can be said, MDNA also topped the Billboard 200 with 359,000 sales. Everybody is happii at Madonnatown with these back-to-back US & UK Number 1 !!!

updated MDNA Chart positions on http://mymonumentalicons.blogspot.com/2012/04/madonna-mdna-album-chart-performance.html

:o:);):rolleyes:

Ok so two questions about this whole CD's with tickets thing. a. Do you have a choice to NOT pay for it when buying the ticket or are they forcing you to buy it and then it's a choice of claiming it or not and b. what if someone buys two or three tickets with the same order? Does he get three separate copies?

Guest northernlad

Ok so two questions about this whole CD's with tickets thing. a. Do you have a choice to NOT pay for it when buying the ticket or are they forcing you to buy it and then it's a choice of claiming it or not and b. what if someone buys two or three tickets with the same order? Does he get three separate copies?

There's no choice, you pay the same either way and the whole 'figured in the price of the ticket' is really just a chart excuse since Live Nation is subtracting $9 or whatever from the ticket and then handing it right back to themselves for the album, and tickets are priced the same as the last two tours anyway so if they weren't offering the deal they likely wouldn't be charging any less. And I think it's a copy for every ticket.

Yeah that's why I asked really because top ticket was $350 for the last couple of tours anyway. Would you get it cheaper if you didn't buy the album? You would be a fool NOT to redeem it. So it's just a case of wanting to inflate album sales.

The ticket is the same price either way. You either redeem your album or you don't redeem it.

No one is sure how inflated these sales really are since she had a massive amount of pre-orders too. We all know the ticket sales helped her a good deal, just how much... no one knows. I sincerely doubt half of her album sales in the USA came from that redeeming thing though. Plus you have to keep in mind how many peeps would have bought the album anyway if there was no album bundle. The album redemption is kinda lame, because it's the clean version of MDNA, which leaves off the most important song on the album, Gang Bang :lol: FLOP.

Madonna's numbers for this album are impressive regardless of how you slice it. Even if 50% of her sales were from the album redemption, that's a shit-ton of people that are gonna hear one of Madonna's best albums EVER. It can only help.

Yeah that's why I asked really because top ticket was $350 for the last couple of tours anyway. Would you get it cheaper if you didn't buy the album? You would be a fool NOT to redeem it.

Well I pointed out the email looking like spam at first glance because these sort of redemptions are normally low, and yeah why not redeem something included? If they were offered at Ticketmaster as you paid, I think it would be a different story. But the emails come days or weeks later. I'm sure, it being Madonna fans and the offer of pit tickets, the redemtion rate was still higher than the norm. There should be a better way to get more redemptions (if they want them).

The album redemption is kinda lame, because it's the clean version of MDNA, which leaves off the most important song on the album, Gang Bang :lol: FLOP.

Live Nation planned this so well by putting up the clean version for redemption. Of course, they had to leave out the best track Gang Bang whereas Some Girls was still included. This forced ppl to go out there to buy or order online for the explicit version. I also think the deluxe edition played a good part in this as well since it was on sale from $7.99 (fab.com) to $13.99, so I bet most people have at least two albums (even plus the Superbowl pre-orders). This is why the first week sale numbers are so high!

I guess the redemption this time is about 25% which is about 90k. (did the number come out?). that's pretty high compared to what lionel richie has to go through to sell near 200k. :bow:

Good strategy, even better, without tiring the queen! :thumbsup: