MDNA #1 in 50 countries

Flip The Switch

Guest jamesshot

As has been stated, her MDNA #s were in line with her other debuts. MDNA had a ton of good buzz. I haven't heard this much excitement from casual fans since COADF and ROL. Most of those who redeemed the CD from ticket sales would have bought the CD anyhow. Her number 1 is not and will not be in question from anyone who knows what the fuck they are talking about. No controversy. At all.

As with Madonna, no matter what she does will always have an asterick beside it because after 30 years, her detractors cannot deal with her still being popular and successful. They love to throw her age around like a dart but her age is the thing that drives them crazy. They thought she would be gone from the scene long ago. She isn't and it sends them into foaming at the mouth seizures.

As has been stated, her MDNA #s were in line with her other debuts. MDNA had a ton of good buzz. I haven't heard this much excitement from casual fans since COADF and ROL. Most of those who redeemed the CD from ticket sales would have bought the CD anyhow. Her number 1 is not and will not be in question from anyone who knows what the fuck they are talking about. No controversy. At all.

As with Madonna, no matter what she does will always have an asterick beside it because after 30 years, her detractors cannot deal with her still being popular and successful. They love to throw her age around like a dart but her age is the thing that drives them crazy. They thought she would be gone from the scene long ago. She isn't and it sends them into foaming at the mouth seizures.

Amen sister!

!!!!

Guest groovyguy

Guy Oseary ‏ @guyoseary

Madonna was surprised today.. Everyone hid in the band room to surprise and celebrate her MDNA #1 album.. She had no idea the album was #1

Guest sasca1971

I think it affirms something i said in a post a couple of days ago and that was that Madonna is all about the tour and not about making music - in that she produces music insomuch as to support her tour and not the other way around. And this isn't a dig - I think it's actually a good thing. Hey, sometimes she has something to say and may want to record something - but all along in her career all the way back to her youth - she wanted to be a performer - and the way the music business is these days is perfect for her to achieve that as her goal. She doesn't HAVE to make any more music at all to do what she wants - which is to get up on that stage and shake her booty and put on a good show. The music as I see it is a means to an end - it appeases her fans that want it and it allows her to do new and interesting things with new material for her shows. And the album giveaway with the ticket purchase exemplifies just that. It's like, hey, if you are going to shell out that much money then why not get the album in the same keystroke. But to cover both bases - they ensured that the process by which they "gave away" the album with the ticket purchase that it would still be counted as a sale for soundscan, billboard, and the RIAA. Heck, why not.

I think it's great that her team came up with that approach - everybody wins. She puts out some new music, but rather than promote, she focuses on the tour, and her team puts together a plan to sell the album that doesn't require her do do anything but focus on what she does best and wants to do best and that's to put on a hot show. So she wins, her fans win, the record label wins, and the tour promoter wins - voila win win win win.

Just my thoughts, but I seriously doubt I am wrong.

Yes, it was a serious question. I guess it was a bonus for fans who bought tickets, but I'm not sure it really enticed anyone to buy them, and I'm not sure it boosted sales all that much, so I'm just wondering if it was worth the inevitable detractors who will try to say it was a gimmick.

^ But if she approached her music that way, it wouldn't be very good. And it is. So she does want to make good music, she just doesn't care to promote it the way she used to, and after 30 years of doing the same shit OVER AND OVER, I don't really blame her.

William Orbit looks like her bastard backstabbing brother Chris. I guess that's what fat and age does to gay men.

What's with the nasty comments about Orbit?? I don't get this at all? In fact, Orbit is quite slim. Also, I think your comment is quite derogatory to all gay men. I'm suspecting you're gay right? So why would you assume age and weight gain has any association to gay men? I don't know how old you are, but you will eventually reach Chris or William's age. And maybe you will or maybe you won't have put on weight, but you'll see as you get older, it's not so easy to maintain the same body one has had when they were younger, and that doesn't really have anything to do with sexual preference or even what sex you are.

William Orbit looks like her bastard backstabbing brother Chris. I guess that's what fat and age does to gay men.

idiot.

Although I agree that comments about weight are cruel and unnecessary, I don't remember anyone but myself saying anything when everyone was making fun of Kelly Clarkson and calling her fat. Just because many of us are gay does not mean we are off limits but the girls can be crucified.

I think Christopher used to be HOT.

Although I agree that comments about weight are cruel and unnecessary, I don't remember anyone but myself saying anything when everyone was making fun of Kelly Clarkson and calling her fat. Just because many of us are gay does not mean we are off limits but the girls can be crucified.

I used to have a huge crush on Chris from TOD alone. He was boy Madonna to me. In all fairness to Orbit. He was never cute.

In all fairness, some of us avoid the Diva bashing going on elsewhere. I see no good in it and see it simply as a way for some to make themselves or their most favorite entertainer look superior than the rest. Anyway, I don't see the point whether it's male or female. Besides, there are hell of a lot of talented people out there who aren't up to "Society's standards" regarding appearance. Close your eyes, and the world can definitely appear different to you.

Anyway, we are waaaay off topic. Carry on...

In all fairness, some of us avoid the Diva bashing going on elsewhere. I see no good in it and see it simply as a way for some to make themselves or their most favorite entertainer look superior than the rest. Anyway, I don't see the point whether it's male or female. Besides, there are hell of a lot of talented people out there who aren't up to "Society's standards" regarding appearance. Close your eyes, and the world can definitely appear different to you.

Hell yeah, I agree.

Guest ditaluver

there are a lot of people on this board who talk shit about fat people. the kelly clarkson thread is really bad but then again...there is gaga and her ugly mug. so i cant really say anything dammit :wacko:

Oooh, thank you for posting. I wish I could tell what the Benassi twins were saying.

Anywho, from this clip I am going to infer that Madonna writes songs now based on what she wants to hear live, not by what will sell records very well. Didn't she say she couldn't wait to do "Give It 2 Me" live because it was meant to be performed in a stadium or something? I guess the same mentality is giving us stuff like "L-U-V MADONNA". :zombie:

I loved Orbit's comments on "Falling Free." :inlove:

I think the weight of touring is definitely heavier than the weight of promoting the album. But it is still nice we got 2 awesome videos so far so at least she's not ignoring promotion that much.

there are a lot of people on this board who talk shit about fat people. the kelly clarkson thread is really bad but then again...there is gaga and her ugly mug. so i cant really say anything dammit :wacko:

We love Kathy Bates and Mama Makeup—that's good enough.

TOTALLY agree :thumbsup:

And i think Kelly Clarkson is cute and talented as hell. I don't give a fck if she's "fat" or not.