MDNA #1 in 50 countries

Flip The Switch

Guest Sinisin

Right now? Like it or not, Gaga is more 'relevant' to general public right now.

Albums go #1 for sales, not for quality.

And yes, it could be better.

Ban please. ;)

When BTW came out, the album went #1 in every country with iTunes by that time, exactly 21. Now MDNA is #1 in 48 countries, because the number of iTunes Stores is higher. This is because recently Latin American countries got iTunes Store. Well Tough Luck ! And I would like to personally THANK Itune for opening up in more countries so Madonna can get to No1s in more countries !

And yes, Gaga might not sell singles like Katy, Adele or even Rihanna, but she sells albums. BTW was the 2nd. best selling album of 2011, only outsold by Adele's 21. And in my opinion, that is more important than have a summer smash hit or a 5x platinum generic pop tune (Katy's 6 #1s) - It was at 99 Cents for a while wasn't it ?

I'm not here to fight or something, I'm just telling what I think.

Ban Ramira bitch.

No one here cares about the Xerox bitch.

Her music is R_E_D_U_C_T_I_V_E.

She is loved only by tasteless gays, which she exploits with her fake love for them.

At no time would anyone have predicted that there would be a battle for sales supremacy between this week's new releases by Madonna (MDNA) and Lionel Richie (Tuskeegee). After all, Madonna's last studio album, 2008's Hard Candy, opened at number 1 while Richie's last, 2009's Just Go, only made it to number 24.

Still, don't underestimate the rerecording of a number of hits, many of which went to the top of the charts, with a bunch of country stars to stoke your sales. Right now, as this is written, Lionel Richie's Tuskeegee is outselling Madonna's MDNA on both iTunes and Amazon.

Both albums jumped the traditional U.S. release date of Tuesday, being released yesterday, so we are only 24-hours into the week but, if the trend holds (and there are no guarantees that it will), this could be a huge upset.

For the record, the top five albums at iTunes as of 1:45 AM on Tuesday, March 27:

Tuskegee (Deluxe Edition) - Lionel Richie

MDNA (Deluxe Edition) - Madonna

The Hunger Games (Soundtrack) - Various Artists

Amaryllis - Shinedown

21 - Adele

The top five albums at Amazon  as of 1:45 AM on Tuesday, March 27:

Tuskegee - Lionel Richie

21 - Adele

MDNA - Madonna

Wrecking Ball (Special Edition) - Bruce Springsteen

At no time would anyone have predicted that there would be a battle for sales supremacy between this week's new releases by Madonna (MDNA) and Lionel Richie (Tuskeegee). After all, Madonna's last studio album, 2008's Hard Candy, opened at number 1 while Richie's last, 2009's Just Go, only made it to number 24.

Still, don't underestimate the rerecording of a number of hits, many of which went to the top of the charts, with a bunch of country stars to stoke your sales. Right now, as this is written, Lionel Richie's Tuskeegee is outselling Madonna's MDNA on both iTunes and Amazon.

Both albums jumped the traditional U.S. release date of Tuesday, being released yesterday, so we are only 24-hours into the week but, if the trend holds (and there are no guarantees that it will), this could be a huge upset.

For the record, the top five albums at iTunes as of 1:45 AM on Tuesday, March 27:

Tuskegee (Deluxe Edition) - Lionel Richie

MDNA (Deluxe Edition) - Madonna

Amaryllis - Shinedown

21 - Adele

The top five albums at Amazon  as of 1:45 AM on Tuesday, March 27:

Tuskegee - Lionel Richie

21 - Adele

MDNA - Madonna

Wrecking Ball (Special Edition) - Bruce Springsteen

If Lionel Richie beats her I'm going to be very upset.

just think lional ritchie went on home shopping network for a live concert and sold 20,000!!!

all madonna would have to do is ONE TEENIE TINY TV SPOT this week and that number one is as good as hers!!!

will she or wont she is the question

EDIT: WE COULD ALL WAKE UP TOMORROW TO FIND MDNA FALLING OFF THE CHARTS!!!!!!!!!!

Guest missy bi_tch

Ban Ramira bitch.

No one here cares about the Xerox bitch.

Her music is R_E_D_U_C_T_I_V_E.

She is loved only by tasteless gays, which she exploits with her fake love for them.

The truth is that day during a media class with a bunch of 17- 18yos, we talked about how they were gonna manage Gaga and Madonna in town for concert at the same time. All they could say was Who's Madonna? They had to be shown the 4 minutes video only to rem that lady with Justin Timberlake. Gaga obviously is more relevant to kids these days.

Guest bluejean

Surprisingly, TURN UP THE RADIO never showed up despite it being a fan favourite.

Hopefully Madonna's team take notice of this and release Gang Bang as the 3rd single.

How the hell is Lionel Richie even a contender for the charts right now????

That is the craziest thing I've ever heard. And not to be evil about it but I guarantee that if Ms. Whitney Houston died a week or two later than she did...GMAYL would have climbed a bit higher than number ten. It's a crazy thing to consider but it's the truth.

I really hope that the insane amount of positive reviews for the album will help it sell but I really don't know if the age group that spends money on music is that interested in her. What demographic doesn't illegally download music right now? I would think the young kids buy all their music and that's why I was always surprised why Germanotta sold so much because her audience is tweens, a few teenagers and a decent percentage of gay men who still think and act like teenagers. I guess she really does have them brainwashed enough to spend money on her.

Does anyone know what happened to the supposed Beautiful Killer promo video? It was supposed to premiere on the 26th and I cannot find it anywhere. It was an odd promotional route to go because I don't think she was even in the video but it definitely wouldn't hurt her because its a kick ass song that would further promote the variety on the album.

Something that didn't really hit me right away is that this album is her most explicit when it comes to lyrics and expletives. She's never had them in song titles or insinuated in song titles before. Do you think its scaring away the masses a bit? She also hasn't had a raunchy, homoerotic video is way too many years and that's such a divisive issue out there now (always was but it's worse in 2012).

It's a fantastic collection of envelope pushing and sonically and lyrically edgy. If it doesn't sell well it's just a damn shame.

When BTW came out, the album went #1 in every country with iTunes by that time, exactly 21. Now MDNA is #1 in 48 countries, because the number of iTunes Stores is higher. This is because recently Latin American countries got iTunes Store.

And yes, Gaga might not sell singles like Katy, Adele or even Rihanna, but she sells albums. BTW was the 2nd. best selling album of 2011, only outsold by Adele's 21. And in my opinion, that is more important than have a summer smash hit or a 5x platinum generic pop tune (Katy's 6 #1s)

I'm not here to fight or something, I'm just telling what I think.

nyd6za.gif

Do we have to keep comparing ? I'm not fighting with 13 years old Clearasil scenting kids. Do you really think if her monsters had a social and sexual life they'd be 20 millions following her ? If You could have a Twitter account only when being 18 and paying your own bills and not your parents 20 millions would be divided by 10. It feels like slapping a kid on the street just because he or she is acting like an insecure brat just like we did. I'm not preaching nor lecturing it's just that I don't want to lower myself or Madonna to Gaga Level. Madonna is in another league, of her own and comparing gives Gaga the credits she still has to earn.

THIS!!!!!!!!! I totally agree, it's unecessary and pointless to compare them. We all know that Madonna is the Queen, the fact that she can be n°1 on Itunes in SO many countries after more than 30 years is beyond incredible. It's WAY enough for me. I already said that COUNTLESS times and i will said it again: she had nothing to prove anymore, unlike Gaga.

I don't care what BTW has done. Gaga was at the peak of her career at that time, Madonna is not anymore, which make it more impressive. Also Gaga had the 99 cent thing and the biggest promo any artist can dream of.

:clap::thumbsup:

Madonna’s 12th studio album, MDNA was released globally yesterday 26 March 2012 and after a full day’s worth of downloads, several iTunes album charts generated MDNA’s position at NO. 1 !

Based on the chart results, GIRL GONE WILD and GIVE ME ALL YOUR LUVIN’ figure higher than any of the MDNA tracks which supports the idea that they were “arguably” the most single-worthy from the lot. Following behind are GANG BANG, I DON’T GIVE A…, MASTERPIECE and BEAUTIFUL KILLER. Surprisingly, TURN UP THE RADIO never showed up despite it being a fan favourite.

(more) http://mymonumentalicons.blogspot.com/2012/03/madonna-mdna-itunes-album-chart.html

:sassy::bow:

Interesting....

I'll say it once and say it again

You girls annoy me

Went to iTunes and it's still number 1

Dramatic? Im glad I don't waste my time thinking about whether 12 year olds know who Madonna is

The reason Lionel is doing so well is because he's doing duet covers of his songs with major country artists.

They'll allow a black man in their homes when he's of the vanilla kind—singing their bullshit honky music.

Guest Xanthium

The truth is that day during a media class with a bunch of 17- 18yos, we talked about how they were gonna manage Gaga and Madonna in town for concert at the same time. All they could say was Who's Madonna? They had to be shown the 4 minutes video only to rem that lady with Justin Timberlake. Gaga obviously is more relevant to kids these days.

I'm sorry but that's just ridiculous. I never buy that "Who's Madonna?" crap. Everybody knows who Madonna is just like everybody knows who Michael Jackson is. It's not like these teenagers were never exposed to Madonna before. They were listening to music, watching MTV, and following pop culture as kids. Children do not live in a vacuum. I was listening to music at 10 years old and had my own cassettes and yellow walkman. Children aren't oblivious creatures, cross-eyed and eating paste in a corner.

Guest Xanthium

They'll allow a black man in their homes when he's of the vanilla kind—singing their bullshit honky music.

Give me a BROTHA any day of the week :fag:

oh ya they know who madonna is!!! they just dont wanna look uncool saying they do! they just dont think she is relevent anymore

but i dont care!!!! all i care about is if Madonna can hit that album numba one, i'll laugh if lional ritchie does, but he is working for it

Guest FrozenEyes

Children do not live in a vacuum. I was listening to music at 10 years old and had my own cassettes and yellow walkman. Children aren't oblivious creatures, cross-eyed and eating paste in a corner.

:lol:

I agree. I never listened to any pop music when I was a kid (mostly country :D), but I knew who Madonna, Whitney Houston, Janet, and Michael Jackson were.