Masterpiece - Yes Please

Shane

Today I listened to this song for the 1st time in months - it's actually not that bad. Nice production, nice lyrics. Altough some days, it sounds very "sugary", you know what I mean? Like way too dramatic. Today it sounded pretty. It really deserved that Golden Globe.

Too bad I keep associating it with the GGs - that's why I feel it doesn't fit very well on MDNA.

Also I remember someone saying the album version is different from the one used at the end of the movie (that version apparently is more orchestral). Is that true? Where can I find It?

I agree that Masterpiece is a very good song that could have probably been more appreciated by a wider audience, but it was not promoted as a single with a good video. I remember feeling really happy when I first heard the song leaked on Perez Hilton. Let's hope for more special Madonna ballads on future albums :excl:

• 2 weeks later...

It would've been awesome if Abel had been able to provide arrangements for it, though. He's one hell of a composer and clearly knows how to bring tension in the middle of blissful beauty - something that Masterpiece lacks (tension).

Actually, he did. This is what Abel Korzeniowski told MadonnaNewEra about his involvement:

I arranged the strings for „Masterpiece” and conducted the orchestra for „Falling Free”. William Orbit was producing both songs and, to be honest, I cannot really say how much of these recordings made it into the final mix [...] we worked on a version of Masterpiece featuring a classical string orchestra. Eventually, William chose a more modern, synthetic sound.

Does anyone have the ochestral verison of the song?

It hasn't leaked in full. Only a short snippet leaked.

I heard Masterpiece several times in public places. It would have been a hit with a proper single release. But oh well... Non-traditional promo. :stir:/>

me too. it's the only mdna-song i ever heard on the radio, not kidding.

Edited by thelament

If there really is no new music in 2013 I think a MDNA reloaded and new single release would do something for M's music legacy in 2013. Shame she doesn't have a record label anymore...

Actually, he did. This is what Abel Korzeniowski told MadonnaNewEra about his involvement:

This is very interesting, thank you. I can buy that a bit of FF's arrangement are probably still Abel's. I'd be very surprised if anything made it to Masterpiece.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Gosh, I almost forgot about this orchestral version. This sounds beautiful!
Apparently, the fulll version is circulating among traders, but too bad that nobody wants to share it...I'm dying to hear this in full!

[media=]

[/media]

Gosh, I almost forgot about this orchestral version. This sounds beautiful!

Apparently, the fulll version is circulating among traders, but too bad that nobody wants to share it...I'm dying to hear this in full!

OMG!