Masterpiece - Yes Please

Shane

:D

Despite ZERO promotion for this single, it is still note-worthy that it appeared on the charts. If only there had been better strategies, the song would have lived up to it's name and became the Masterpiece that "would be impossible to move!"

Chart Performance for Madonna - Masterpiece Week 1

UK iTunes as of 07 April, 2012 2:17 AM

573. Masterpiece - Madonna

UK Top 100

# 68

more at http://mymonumentalicons.blogspot.com/2012/04/madonna-masterpiece-chart-performance.html

:)

I just watched W.E. here in Nashville. In the context of the film, it creates a poetic afterthought during the closing credits and fits well with the story. It's a beautiful, understated ballad. She really has a knack for the tender, sad stuff.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

I point my leg and put my arms up in my Spanish dress to this daily.

I LOVE MASTERPISS soooooooooo much.

Please release it as a single!!!

You Must!

^^^^ Masterpiece is already a single in the UK. i doubt it if it will be in North America. without any promotion, it's tanking there. it would even do much worse in the US :confused:

http://mymonumentalicons.blogspot.com/2012/04/madonna-masterpiece-chart-performance.html

• 2 months later...

Heard it a million times, listening to the album, like we all do. But I really HEARD it tonight when I was listening to it. I love it. The title fits it so well, haha.

• 2 weeks later...

i never saw a problem with the song, and when the rumors were going around that it wouldn't make the album, i was really disappointed, so i'm happy that it made it. i think it fits in beautifully on the album, and i think it will end up being one of my favorite M songs down the line.

This. Finally, a proper ballad since I can't remember when. LOL @ some calling this Disasterpiece though.

I haven't heard Masterpiece until I listened to MDNA and was pleasantly surprised. I fucking luv the song, the melody, the chorus. It may have something to do with what's going in my personal life, I also have my "masterpiece" but it had a sad ending. Anyways, the song is gorgeous, and I'm curious to hear an acoustic version, or maybe even have Patrick Leonard do a version with his keyboards.

There's an acoustic version in Norig's http://norigscrap.blogspot.com site. It's in the Half Moon compilation. It's lovely.

• 2 weeks later...

The hell if this is going to be the lone song without its own appreciation thread, not talking about that shambles of a chart thread. Fucking gorgeous. The return of balladeer Madonna. The Love Spent/Masterpiece/Falling Free trilogy rendered me weak, and I don't go weak for nothing. At least one or two of you bitches better comment in this thread :lol:

The fucking chorus and vocals!

Golden Globe winner! Fuck you Elton.

One of my new favorites, vocals are impeccable, just a beautiful sounding song.

• 2 weeks later...

I've loved it since the low quality leak last December. It's my favourite song on MDNA (and I LOVE the whole album). Some claim she had next to nothing to do with writing it, which is simply not true, according to William Orbit and Julie Frost (and Madonna herself, of course). It's a stunning ballad with an exquisite vocal performance - she also does an incredible job of it live. In a different time, it would have been MASSIVE worldwide. While it wasn't an official single in the UK (it was promoted to Radio 2, but it wasn't released as a separate digital single), it's still nice that it charted. Fingers crossed for a Grammy nomination (and win)! Heck, Live Nation should submit this for "Pop Vocal". It's certainly one of her best recorded vocal performances.

Well, I finally listened to the W.E. soundtrack two days ago... and it's been on a loop since. It's absolutely amazing - although it makes Masterpiece pale in comparison. I can see why Madge's artistic instincts told her to stay away from that. Of course, the song is lovely and I'm glad it's on MDNA. It would've been awesome if Abel had been able to provide arrangements for it, though. He's one hell of a composer and clearly knows how to bring tension in the middle of blissful beauty - something that Masterpiece lacks (tension).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Apparently it's getting great airplay in Russia!

I always said it should've been the first single prior to the Superbowl for a more Adult Contemporary audience to show the GA that she can still be ballad Madonna with a video of W.E. shots mixed with a new video of her. The song is so beautiful and I still LOVE it!

http://cookiesofpop.blogspot.com/2012/12/masterpiece-di-madonna-domina-la-russia.html

Great airplay in Russia?

This song has been inside the airplay top 20 in Russia since March or April!

This week it peaked at #1! Yep...more then half a year later later!

The song is also doing great. Itunes just started on Russia and the song is inside the top 20 there...mostly catalog songs are being downloaded right now and Masterpiece is one of the few inside the top 20 that is new xD

EDIT: I forgot to say that by now it's almost certain that Masterpiece is gonna be the #1 airplay hit of the year in Russia xD ahah

Edited by madonna_fan1988