Masterpiece - Yes Please

Shane

The hell if this is going to be the lone song without its own appreciation thread, not talking about that shambles of a chart thread. Fucking gorgeous. The return of balladeer Madonna. The Love Spent/Masterpiece/Falling Free trilogy rendered me weak, and I don't go weak for nothing. At least one or two of you bitches better comment in this thread :lol:

The fucking chorus and vocals!

Golden Globe winner! Fuck you Elton.

Guest bluejean

Signed.

Love this song. And those rumours about it not fitting the album were such rubbish. I guess it was a toss up between this and 'I Fucked Up' but they made the right choice.

I love this song - perfect Madonna ballad, voice is beautiful on it and it's a GREAT addition to the album. I like how most reviewers are calling it flamenco-sounding, she's still sneaks in the latin-flavored tracks. :angel:

Guest I'llTeachYouHowTo...

i never saw a problem with the song, and when the rumors were going around that it wouldn't make the album, i was really disappointed, so i'm happy that it made it. i think it fits in beautifully on the album, and i think it will end up being one of my favorite M songs down the line.

Guest Fukujima

i didn't like it when it leaked but i really like it in the context of the album, it's a very felt and beautifully sung ballad :sassy:

Guest Gigolo

I haven't heard Masterpiece until I listened to MDNA and was pleasantly surprised. I fucking luv the song, the melody, the chorus. It may have something to do with what's going in my personal life, I also have my "masterpiece" but it had a sad ending. Anyways, the song is gorgeous, and I'm curious to hear an acoustic version, or maybe even have Patrick Leonard do a version with his keyboards.

I've really grown to love "Masterpiece". I would rank it among my Top 3 favorites on the album. It's stunning.

It should have a proper video and single release... and having already a Golden Globe on it's back would probably work out as good buzz for the song as a single...

Thirty years in, I remain fascinated by this woman's knack for a hook and a fetching chorus. This song reminds me so much of the Rain, I'll Remember, You'll See era, which was not for everyone but was definitely for me!

So glad to see proper ballads for the first time since AL. I love DWRY, but feel it is just a bit too fast to qualify.

I love how she told Seacrest that "you gotta have those" or what not re: ballads after being so against them the last two albums. So so happy!

Guest jamesshot

It is a really lovely song. Nice lyrics and wonderful, soothing melody. I really didn't think too much of it at first but I really appreciate it now. It deserved that Golden Globe. We'll never know if it would have been an Oscar nominee or winner with its ineligibility but if any of her songs could have done it, this one had a great chance.