Madonna at Miami Ultra Music Festival

Guest ditaluver

deadmau5 was NOT impressed.

http://www.facebook.com/deadmau5

seriously, i giveth not a fucking single FUCK for slating on madonna for reaching an entirely NEW level of idiocy ... i can appriciate her meteoric career, and all good deeds done, but WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT? That's your big contribution to EDM? Thats your big message to ultra attendies? hipsterspeak for looking for drugs? fuck off you fucking IDIOT. fuck.

Can anyone tell me what's that Molly you guys are talking about? :lol:

I missed yesterday's interview and only have watched the first 5 minutes of it so far, so I don't know anything.

Guest Xanthium

deadmau5 was NOT impressed.

http://www.facebook.com/deadmau5

seriously, i giveth not a fucking single FUCK for slating on madonna for reaching an entirely NEW level of idiocy ... i can appriciate her meteoric career, and all good deeds done, but WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT? That's your big contribution to EDM? Thats your big message to ultra attendies? hipsterspeak for looking for drugs? fuck off you fucking IDIOT. fuck.

oh_shit.gif

Guest Fukujima

Can anyone tell me what's that Molly you guys are talking about? :lol:

I missed yesterday's interview and only have watched the first 5 minutes of it so far, so I don't know anything.

Molly is another way to say excstasy.

I had to look on google and google images to get to know who the fuck deadmau is, still haven't got a clue :|

Guest Xanthium

533129_10150765151104402_10584534401_11714753_1336942266_n.jpg

You know I really am getting a Quentin Tarantino bad girl vibe from her outfits lately. It's definitely how one of his female characters would dress: sexy and retro with a modern twist.

Guest Xanthium

Man, some Madonna fans are ENRAGED that she "promoted" drugs at the festival. You'd think she just shot someone in cold blood by their reactions. And yet they're praising "I'm Addicted" and an album titled MDNA. The hypocrisy and irony is obviously lost on them.

The only thing I can't understand is why people criticize her for promoting drugs? In the end it's them that informed all of the people about the mdma reference. And in the end that's them that informed us what Molly is. Because I swear that I didn't know what mdma was or what Molly was until they started getting on their high horses. And now that I learnt about the meaning of the words will I do drugs? :S Come on how stupid can they be?

The one thing I find odd is that deadmau5 said he wasn't anti or pro drugs. He was pro-responsibility. If he's not anti-drugs, why criticise Madonna? Out of all popstars, she's the most straightlaced when it comes to drugs (prescription and illegal) and alcohol.

She's from the club scene so will be perfectly used to other people doing it.

Apparantly it was all a misunderstanding and she was referencing a Cedric Gervais track ..?

Guy O tweeted about it but I'm not tech savvy enough to post them here :shy:

Guest groovyguy

Apparantly it was all a misunderstanding and she was referencing a Cedric Gervais track ..?

Guy O tweeted about it but I'm not tech savvy enough to post them here :shy:

14h Cedric Gervais Cedric Gervais ‏ @CedricGervais

@guyoseary Want to know who molly is??? http://t.co/ZoeaJnVd @cedricgervais

Retweeted by Guy Oseary

19h Cedric Gervais Cedric Gervais ‏ @CedricGervais

Madonna and I met a while back and she has love for my track,we were promoting in Miami this week. @MadonnaMDNAday @deadmau5 @CedricGervais

Cedric Gervais - Have You Seen Molly?

14h Cedric Gervais Cedric Gervais ‏ @CedricGervais

@guyoseary Want to know who molly is??? http://t.co/ZoeaJnVd @cedricgervais

Retweeted by Guy Oseary

19h Cedric Gervais Cedric Gervais ‏ @CedricGervais

Madonna and I met a while back and she has love for my track,we were promoting in Miami this week. @MadonnaMDNAday @deadmau5 @CedricGervais

Cedric Gervais - Have You Seen Molly?

That's what I was talking about.

Thanks for posting, GG :thumbsup:

Guest groovyguy

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/03/28/interviews-with-madonnas-collaborators/

Avicii talks about his Ultra Music Festival experience with Madonna

Madonna surprised Miami festival goers on Saturday when she appeared onstage with AVICII to debut his remix of her new “MDNA” track “Girl Gone Wild” at the electronic Ultra Music Fest. Fresh off his performance with the Queen of Pop, the Swedish producer sat down with Billboard.com to talk about Madonna’s appearance and the major live show he has planned for later this year.

He said…

I had about three days to do [the remix] … and I was in the middle of touring as well. “It turned out great. I already had a melody that I was going to use for something else, but it really fit with that one so it wasn’t that hard.

Watch the complete interview….

Guest Gigolo

Ok, so I wasted like 12 pages of mostly fucking drama here. I had no fucking clue she was gonna appear at Ultra, and was looking forward to the Avicci set. Then comes a video of djs (gurtta, avicci, carl cox, etc) talking about the impact dance music is having nowadays, an then appears Madonna in same video (first wtf moment). Then towards the end of said video, you could hear snipets of "music". I though it was cool that somehow Madonna was included. Now this video wa repeated twice, we were all excited for Avicci, and lo & behold, she comes onstage like a vision. It was so surreal, I thought molly fucked me up. No one in the crowd knew or was expecting her, she DID NOT GET BOOED! She looked hot, better than in the pics shown here. She introduced Avicci and he did a wicked mix of GGW. At one point she wanted to sing along, but the mic was off, so she danced and sang to it.

You could tell Avicii was into the song, he sung most of it and nothing looked forced.

Ultra is the most popular dance music festival in the world, there were 140,000 people right there.

Man, some Madonna fans are ENRAGED that she "promoted" drugs at the festival. You'd think she just shot someone in cold blood by their reactions. And yet they're praising "I'm Addicted" and an album titled MDNA. The hypocrisy and irony is obviously lost on them.

On what websites?

Deadmau5 was still going after her on Twitter. He made a "geriatric" comment too. :americanlife:

Edited by Louise Oriole

Guest Gigolo

Ultra Music Festival<H1 class=entryHeadline>Madonna's Response to Deadmau5: "I Don't Support Drug Use and I Never Have"</H1>By Matt Preira Tue., Mar. 27 2012 at 11:00 AM Comments (16) icon-comment.png Categories: Pop Gossip, Ultra Music Festival

MADONNAMINNIEMAU5LEAD.jpg​Appearing with electro-house meatball Avicii at Ultra Music Festival may be providing Madonna with a buzz boost on par with Betty White's reinvention as a party-rockin' hornball grams.

First, the entire world seemed to shit its collective pants at the mere sight of Lady MDNA onstage at Ultra. We even managed to stretch the story to three separate blog posts. There's no question: Madge's Ultra Music Festival cameo will be 2012's number-one moment in rave blogging.

But then, the plot thickened when DJ-producer-curmudgeon extraordinaire, Deadmau5, told the Material Mom to "fuck off, you fucking idiot" while delivering one of his signature rants about the purity of EDM. The Mau5 was particularly distressed about Madonna's shout-out to "Molly," a common synonym for popular party drug MDMA.

But now Madonna has issued her own hilarious response in the form of a picture addressed to "lovemau5" and posted to her Twitter. Check it out after the jump.

madonnadeadmau5.jpgVia <A href="https://twitter.com/#!/MadonnaMDNAday/status/184475399533764609" target=_blank>twitter.com/MadonnaMDNAday​

To offer a brief recap, Deadmau5 frantically talks a lot of shit about Madonna on the internet and she responds with, in so many words, "U MAD?"

Crossfade approves!

M rulz! she used the photo pic for the "Dear Jessie" single to annswer to deadmouse boxing.gifs875.gif

another publicity seeking dj joins in :dramatic:

Paul van Dyk Calls Madonna Comment 'So Stupid'

'She Made the Biggest Mistake of Her Career' at Ultra Music Fest :lol:

by Kerri Mason, N.Y. | March 29, 2012 4:50 EDT

1875269-madonna-paul-van-dyke-617-409.jpg

Madonna made "the biggest mistake of her career" at Ultra Music Festival, says electronic music veteran Paul van Dyk.

"I don't think she was thinking much," the DJ/producer told Billboard. "The only thing she was probably thinking was, 'I need to connect with a young crowd,' and she made the biggest mistake of her career."

Van Dyk joins Deadmau5 -- who had a much-publicized Twitter spat with the singer -- in condemning comments she made while introducing Ultra headliner AVICII on Saturday (March 24) to an all-ages crowd of over 50,000. The pop diva praised EDM culture, saying "Electronic music has been a part of my life since the beginning of my career," then posed a question heard 'round the world: "How many people in this crowd have seen Molly?"

Molly is a street name for ecstasy and its derivatives.

"Madonna was so stupid to actually call out drug abuse in front of a crowd of 18-year-olds," said van Dyk. "This is not what our music is about. It's really counterproductive."

Following the comment -- and a Deadmau5-led backlash -- Madonna posted an explanation on Twitter. "I don't support drug use and I never have," she said. "I was referring to the song called 'Have You Seen Molly' written by my friend Cedric Gervais who I almost worked with on my last album."

Prepping for the April 3 release of "Evolution" (Vandit), his first album in five years, Van Dyk has made no bones in the press lately about his opinion on America's current "EDM explosion."

"I think we have a problem with calling it a new movement or a breakthrough in America," he says. "We had massive festivals in the mid-'90s; I remember playing big shows, like Electric Daisy in L.A. in 2008, which drew something like 65,000 people. This was before the pop artists started to sound danceable, so in a way it's not really something that needed a breakthrough. I think what people are referring to these days is a popped-down version of what our music actually is. I hope those pop stars all go back where they came from and do their normal pop music again."

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy
Paul Van Is A Dyke:

"she made the biggest mistake of her career."

Hardly :lol:

As if everyone there wasn't pill popped and high as fuck anyway, stupid fucking cunt :rotfl: